1st BAD Open Carry experience

crb

Because signs are always read, and followed... :rolleyes:

So, if he posts a sign, everyone will follow it. Just like criminal follow CPZ signs, and no carry signs? How about speed limit signs? EVERYONE follows those... :nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Q7cP3ij5g

They're talking to you Porter... "long haired freaky people need not apply"

How are you customers supposed to know that you don't want them open carrying per their constitutional right.

Your constitutional rights do not trump property rights in this case.

The permit holder should have his gun on his person IMHO, or stored away with the magazines empty and ammo separated. They are responsible for securing that weapon, first and foremost. And don't ever put anything past what police may or may not do, that is a huge mistake and assumption. No matter what the officer "must in Ohio" be informed that a CHL holder is in the car with or without a weapon. Oh....and if you are a CHL with a weapon in a car, you had better make damn sure whomever is with you doesn't have certain felonies or you are FUCKED!!!!!

Chevy addressed this, no handgun no inform.

ORC 2923.126

Nothing about having to notify if they are not armed. That being said chances are good that they will know if the registered owner has a CHL when they run your tag. It would benefit you to state that you have a CHL and are not currently carrying a loaded weapon. Some officers believe that a permit holder is required to notify armed or not. (a LEO can't know every law and mistakes happen) Notifying even if your not armed would probably be a good idea.

If you know how they work why would you doubt they would search the spare tire well????? And he may not be a good friend but that's after the fact and now your in trouble for transporting a loaded gun without a permit. Genius.

A LEO can't be expected to know every law and Wal-Mart employees can't be either. Should we get bent out of shape for either discretion?

Negative rep for disagreeing is childish; posting PMs is beyond being childish.

I don't like Tpoppas stance on OC but do believe he is doing what is best for his business, in fact good for his business. Having one OC customer pissed off is the best course of action for him and meaningless in the big picture.

I open carry at home in the yard, at work and to the convenience store by the shop when it's hot outside. I fully expect that someday I will meet someone that won't like it but I won't be surprised about it and I won't be a victim either.

I guess...

...but' date=' I don't have a sign on my garage that says, "No EBT Accepted". Doesn't change the fact that I don't want welfare queens on my lawn. :dunno:[/quote']

You have lost my business mister.

I would agree with that 99% of the time. For some reason, CRB asked that it be posted word for word.

I understand that now after rereading the thread.

I am confused about why it needed to be a PM if he wanted it posted?

I think your views on OC are fucked up and prepare to receive a PM stating so.

Edited by Uncle Punk
  • Upvote 3

So you have zero experience and only base your opinions on what you think would happen, or what you think should happen. You're basing it on your emotions.

:wtf:Seriously? This your argument? I expected more.:rolleyes:

Sorry you didn't quote my pm, so I can't posted it word for word.

I basically said that if you kicked me our out of your business for open carrying without posting a sign I would run an ad in the local newspaper, especially if it was a small business that did so.

You have a right to set the rules on your property, that I will give you. You have a responsibility in my opinion to communicate said rules.

Do you have a sign that reads not responsible for damage, accidents, or injuries? Most car washes have a similar sign.

So you want to be anti open carry, but don't want to appear anti open carry. How interesting.

I wish I knew where your car wash was, so I could visit your establishment! No sign means I can carry until asked to leave.

Sure glad I don't work for you!

Gotta call you and your inconsistency out on this one. In another thread you called me stupid for boycotting Bank of America after their decision to stop doing business with McMillan Tactical. You said it was their choice, and to boycott them for their choice was "stupid".

So its only stupid when its not you doing the boycott? Sound fishy to me.

Edited by kiggy74
  • Upvote 2

Gotta call you and your inconsistency out on this one. In another thread you called me stupid for boycotting Bank of America after their decision to stop doing business with McMillan Tactical. You said it was their choice, and to boycott them for their choice was "stupid".

Some of the same folks that said they won't buy cross breed holsters because of the cross on the fasteners were also saying boycotting bank of America was retarded. Double standard much?

Dude' date=' seriously... what's your bag? You're kind of freaking out over nothing, don't you think? Since when is your 2nd Amendment right more important that Tpoppa's private property rights?[/quote']

He's freaking out because Exarch has taken all his attention whoring spotlight ;)

I would agree with that 99% of the time. For some reason, CRB asked that it be posted word for word.

No I said you didn't quote it so I couldn't post it word for word. You s

Wanted it aired out publicly I complied with your request.

Oh and negative rep for disagreeing with someone is childish, but negative rep because you got negative rep over s disagreement is cool? :dunno: What is rep for then?

Edited by crb

I said you boycotting them is no stupider than them doing it. Pay attention and keep up. They have the right to not do business with firearm owners or business. You have the right not to do business with them. If they are stupid so are you!

Where does everyone get that I think my rights trump the property owners rights? I'm simply arguing that a sign should be posted as OC is legal. People will assume its okay to open carry on your property if no sign is posted. Would you like to pull into a business and be asked to leave a business because you are on a motorcycle? If there was a sign you would know not to visit that business while riding a motorcycle. I suppose nobody sees the point still

Some of the same folks that said they won't buy cross breed holsters because of the cross on the fasteners were also saying boycotting bank of America was retarded. Double standard much?

+1

Damit, he didn't bite on my attention whoreand Exarch troll. :(

I figured if I ignore you maybe you will go away.

Not!

There is no way I can compete with exarch, nor do I want to.

How's that a double standard at all? I CHOOSE to not do business with either because I don't want to do business with an org who's values disagree with mine. Seems pretty consistent to me. For this I was called stupid. And for this CRB is also stupid for suggesting he post an ad in a paper to protest this guy's carwash.

I mean, its one thing to say I'll never open a checking account with BofA because of their policy. It's a whole other thing to say that you would take out a whole page ad in a local newspaper in protest of a local businessman, a small business owner who doesn't have TARP to fall on when things get tough. That's just ridiculous. And for CRB to suggest it is completely hypocritical, that is unless he's willing to admit that his suggestion is just as "stupid" as mine.

I'm not even against Open Carry, to each his own. But any argument that says that Open Carry has tactical and safety benefits beyond concealed carry is fooling themselves.

Edited by kiggy74

How's that a double standard at all? I CHOOSE to not do business with either because I don't want to do business with an org who's values disagree with mine. Seems pretty consistent to me. For this I was called stupid. And for this CRB is also stupid for suggesting he post an ad in a paper to protest this guy's carwash.

I mean, its one thing to say I'll never open a checking account with BofA because of their policy. It's a whole other thing to say that've you would take out a whole page ad in a local newspaper in protest of a local businessman, a small business owner who doesn't have TARP to fall on when things get tough. That's just ridiculous. And for CRB to suggest it is completely hypocritical.

Sometimes you guys lets logic and reason take the first bus out of town.

I was actually agreeing with you.... the double standard comment was in regards to saying it as stupid to stop doing business with BoA but not buy the holster.

I'm in business I understand how your actions effect your customer base, but in also know you can't please everyone.

Edited by kawi kid