trailer prep for dragon trip

oldschoolsdime92

I'm prepping my trailer for the dragon trip. I've got a spare tire, greased the wheel bearings, put a new plug on for my lights. I think I'm almost ready. I wondered about taking a spare wheel bearing, and attempted to contact the manufacture of the trailer ,.and it appears they are out of business. Anyway to figure out what bearing size I need without tearing one of them apart?

Its a standard size I am sure. Any auto store will have them. I just put in Bearing Buddy's today on mine and loaded them with grease. Going to check them again tomorrow for the first long trip to Nelson next weekend.

But yeah, I never did shit last year and drove my enclosed all over. Then some members took it to TX and it was fine. I would be sure you have your spare and a lug wrench that fits. My F250 is the same size, ask me how I know....

You could always ride the bike down :)

-VanDy

Ehhh ha ha. I'm good. Think I'm paranoid about my trailer, oughta see the extra stuff for the bike!
Ditch the trailer and ride down
You're going to trailer an FZ1 from Ohio to Deals Gap in June?

WTF Nancy?

Ride it.

did any of you small penis macho men think that time constraints could be a factor? The fuck if I'm going to slab 9 hours down there when I could be sitting my ass in my comfortable truck where I don't pay for gas. Fuck that shit

Now if I had 4 more days I'd certainly ride down there the fun way

MeefZah and I rode down to Ashville NC in one day, to ride down there for one day, to then ride back home the next day in October. I was cold as shit in the mountains, damn near freezing and foggy for half the trip coming back home...but it was a great excuse to ride.

Trailering for 6 or 7 hours to ride a few hundred miles of halfway decent curves sounds like a nancy trip if I ever heard of one...

When you ride down, you can stop and take kick ass pictures and dream about doing it again someday...

That's what makes a trip memorable...

CIMG1006.jpg

CIMG1005.jpg

CIMG1004.jpg

CIMG0980.jpg

10-17-08NCRide022.jpg

Trailering for 6 or 7 hours to ride a few hundred miles of halfway decent curves sounds like a nancy trip if I ever heard of one...

In 2.5 days of riding I bet we do damn near 1000 miles

I guess I'm just a huge nancy because I won't touch the slab and to get down there from here and in my time constraints trailering is the most efficient and economical way. I should probably just sell my bike and buy an oven :nono:

Edited by Bad324

In 2.5 days of riding I bet we do damn near 1000 miles

I guess I'm just a huge nancy because I won't touch the slab and to get down there from here and in my time constraints trailering is the most efficient and economical way. I should probably just sell my bike and buy an oven :nono:

Quit whining you lazy Mexicant

Quit whining you lazy Mexicant

I'm not whining, I'm simply explaining why people shouldn't disrespect those that decide to trailer. If they want to continue well then that is their perogative and their ignorance will be duely noted :)

I may be a Nancy also. If you see my bike on the slab.... IT'S STOLEN. I like trailering, have air, cruise, co-pilot, tools, food, spare bike...ect. Just nice to be relaxed when I get there. It's like a 15 hour trip for me. Did spend alot of time prepping the Somer Kotage for this trip. New tires, wheels, bearings, brakes, awning (with new matching stripe) and sealed roof. Also put aluminum diamond plate on front and replaced some damaged wood caused by PO jack-knifing the trailer.

I may be a Nancy also. If you see my bike on the slab.... IT'S STOLEN. I like trailering, have air, cruise, co-pilot, tools, food, spare bike...ect. Just nice to be relaxed when I get there. It's like a 15 hour trip for me. Did spend alot of time prepping the Somer Kotage for this trip. New tires, wheels, bearings, brakes, awning (with new matching stripe) and sealed roof. Also put aluminum diamond plate on front and replaced some damaged wood caused by PO jack-knifing the trailer.

Now that's traveling boys!!