Saturday 5-26

Hutch

Just got home. Great ride as always guys. Leaving at 7:50 and got home at a quarter after four - longest riding day of the season so far! I'm completely wiped out...going to crank the AC and pass out in front of the tv for a while.

Hutch, maybe you should see if R&G or Competition Werkes or someone makes one of these compatible with 1000rr's:

cowcatcher.jpg

Good old rabbit guts

ad700643-444b-60eb.jpgad700643-445c-9af4.jpg

Glad you stayed upright, and as long as you know what you did wrong so it won't happen again, you just became alittle better rider from that experience

I know exactly what I did wrong.. Entered the turn too fast and failed to look through the turn. Never had another close call after that, except for the white truck who was trying to run us off the road.

I know exactly what I did wrong.. Entered the turn too fast and failed to look through the turn. Never had another close call after that, except for the white truck who was trying to run us off the road.

Is that because you paid better attention after that or you slowed down?

The last close call I had (ironically riding with Hutch ;)) slowed me way down the rest of the day,

I just wanted to make it home :p

Glad it didn't go bad for you!

Is that because you paid better attention after that or you slowed down?

The last close call I had (ironically riding with Hutch ;)) slowed me way down the rest of the day' date='

I just wanted to make it home :p

Glad it didn't go bad for you![/quote']

A combination of the two. After I got comfortable with my lines I slowly picked up the speed. It was still slow compared to everyone else's speed but I didn't want to ride above my skill level.

Good old rabbit guts

ad700643-444b-60eb.jpgad700643-445c-9af4.jpg

Damn Hutch.....that sucker is all goo now. Must have hit it pretty square. And you must have a penchant for killing small animals huh?......that's two in a month. haha

I hope i did'nt hold you guy's up......I bet that rabbit won't have the guts to do that again.....

Hold us up who you kidding? You was on rails out there. You can sneak into any of our rides just as long as you lead:) We had some good runs on 26 and 260, 78 I had a blast, hope we can do it again sometime.

Just got home. Great ride as always guys. Leaving at 7:50 and got home at a quarter after four - longest riding day of the season so far! I'm completely wiped out...going to crank the AC and pass out in front of the tv for a while.

Hutch, maybe you should see if R&G or Competition Werkes or someone makes one of these compatible with 1000rr's:

cowcatcher.jpg

Ok, I have to ask... :wtf: What is that?

A combination of the two. After I got comfortable with my lines I slowly picked up the speed. It was still slow compared to everyone else's speed but I didn't want to ride above my skill level.

ok i have to ask, but why were you tucking so much? the only time i tuck is 90 and above. I noticed the first time you went off road you were tucking into the corner

ok i have to ask, but why were you tucking so much? the only time i tuck is 90 and above. I noticed the first time you went off road you were tucking into the corner

I did here that too like to know why also. There is no reason to be tucking in the twisties.

I did here that too like to know why also. There is no reason to be tucking in the twisties.

Strange as this may sound when I was riding upright my right hand was falling asleep on me and when I tucked I had feeling again in my hand. So I just tucked almost the entire trip, I also found it comfortable for me through the turns. Maybe I'm developing a bad riding habit??

Strange as this may sound when I was riding upright my right hand was falling asleep on me and when I tucked I had feeling again in my hand. So I just tucked almost the entire trip, I also found it comfortable for me through the turns. Maybe I'm developing a bad riding habit??

Sounds like you're putting too much pressure on your wrists. Maybe try gripping the bike more with your knees/legs instead of putting all your weight on your wrists?

It appears that Hutch like to have nasty shit all around him when he rides, rabbit guts or vomit as long as it's disgusting he's all about it.

PS. Going faster helps to take weight off of your wrists, the wind pushes your torso up to take the weight off.

It appears that Hutch like to have nasty shit all around him when he rides, rabbit guts or vomit as long as it's disgusting he's all about it.

PS. Going faster helps to take weight off of your wrists, the wind pushes your torso up to take the weight off.

You had to bring that up.

Sounds like you're putting too much pressure on your wrists. Maybe try gripping the bike more with your knees/legs instead of putting all your weight on your wrists?

That could be my problem. I will make a mental note and try putting that to practice.

I did notice that actually. The times when my wrists 'ache' more is when I'm slowing down or riding for long periods of time through slow speed zones... Like 25-35mph. But I'm going to try and use my legs more to keep my weight off of my wrists.

+1. Ideally, you should have virtually no weight on your wrists while riding. Use your legs to clamp on to the tank and use your core/back muscles to hold yourself up, leaving your arms nice and loose. This lets your arms and hands focus on using the front end controls as precision input and feedback instruments. Obviously none of us are professionals in top riding fitness so the ideal body position is pretty tough to maintain at ALL times but its a goal that you should always keep in mind, especially when things get twisty. Tank grip pads such as Stomp Grips or (my personal favorite) Tech Specs can be a big help in proper body positioning if your tank is hard to grip on to.

http://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-Basics-High-Performance-Motorcycle/dp/0965045021/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338132813&sr=8-1 and http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-Techniques-Develop-Confidence/dp/1893618072/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338132830&sr=8-1 both have great sections on body positioning. http://www.amazon.com/Twist-Wrist-II-Keith-Code/dp/0965045072/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338132813&sr=8-3 is extremely corny at times, but amidst the camp and is a gold mine of information.

+1. Ideally, you should have virtually no weight on your wrists while riding. Use your legs to clamp on to the tank and use your core/back muscles to hold yourself up, leaving your arms nice and loose. This lets your arms and hands focus on using the front end controls as precision input and feedback instruments. Obviously none of us are professionals in top riding fitness so the ideal body position is pretty tough to maintain at ALL times but its a goal that you should always keep in mind, especially when things get twisty. Tank grip pads such as Stomp Grips or (my personal favorite) Tech Specs can be a big help in proper body positioning if your tank is hard to grip on to.

Twist of the Wrist 2 and Sport Riding Techniques both have great sections on body positioning. The Twist 2 DVD is extremely corny at times, but amidst the camp and is a gold mine of information.

I found a pdf of Twist of The Wrist 2 last week. Been reading it and trying to put things into practice. Pivot steering is the information I was looking for....that was a gray area in what I knew to be proper riding. Great info in that book.

http://files.meetup.com/1510087/A%20Twist%20of%20the%20Wrist%20II.pdf

Here's a link to the pdf. You'll need acrobat reader on your computer if you don't have it.

• Upvote 1

I found a pdf of Twist of The Wrist 2 last week. Been reading it and trying to put things into practice. Pivot steering is the information I was looking for....that was a gray area in what I knew to be proper riding. Great info in that book.

http://files.meetup.com/1510087/A%20Twist%20of%20the%20Wrist%20II.pdf

Here's a link to the pdf. You'll need acrobat reader on your computer if you don't have it.

thanks for the link..+ rep