New from Cleveland! Any local shop tips?

Moneyless

Hi!

My first question.. I'm on the east side in Cleveland Heights and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good reputable shop to get gear or service? Specifically I'll need to get a helmet but I don't really know the area and am looking for a place with a decent selection where I can try a few on.

Thanks!

:welcomeor: and props to RidersDiscount, I havent found better prices or customer service. Try on some lids at a local dealer/vendor to discover your size and brand preference, then hit Nathan up at RD for the better deal

Welcome

I used to recommend Ohio motorcylce to people but after the way the service manager carried on last time I was there I will never go back and will never recommend them to anyone again. Make the trek down to iron pony and you will have many options to try on then call riders discount.

I wish Breyley's had a better gear selection because I'd recommend them in a heart beat. There's Shadetree in Middlefield who has a bunch of stuff to try on and Just for Fun Honda is a couple doors down and actually has some stuff too. I'm right around the corner from ya. If you want someone to ride out there with ya let me know. :)

Roush Motorsports in Medina has a good selection, prices aren't cheap though. If you're willing to ride a bit Pony Motorsports in Westerville near Columbus is the WalMart of mortorcycle stores. They dont have a large selection of bikes but they have every piece of gear on the planet.

Hello from Lyndhurst (I grew up in Cleveland Heights).

Ohio motorcycle is closest (address posted earlier in thread). I've been there and had good experiences.

Rick Roush is a little further, and of course Iron Pony is down in Columbus, but will probably have the best ratings and recommendations :)

I remember working for the biggest bike dealer in central Ohio about 6 years ago. They had the big 4 metrics on the floor, easily 150 bikes in there. ELEVEN helmets and 5 jackets. That dealership is a day care center now. Iron Pony has more helmets on the floor to try on than most helmet companies have in their entire warehouse. I've purchased all my lids there.

now for the second half of your question, pauly at DUCRX is your guy for service in this area... extremely reasonable prices, and treats your bike like a king.

Whoops! HOw could I forget Pauly? He's definitely the first place you should call.... friendly, board member, knowledgeable, down to earth, and does a GREAT job. DucRX.com

Bought my last 6 helmets at Shadetree in Middlefield, my son goes down to Iron Pony for his. Always wear the helmet around the shop for 15-20 minutes before buying while looking at other stuff. Wouldn't consider buying online, I remember one helmet I liked but it was pinching one of my big ears a bit. I had them get another one of same helmet and same size out of stock and it was good to go. Being hand assembled they are all just a little bit different.