New 72 hour bag

speedytriple

So I picked up a new bigger 72 hour bag today. And started the swap over to the larger bag. For the price it is a good sized pack 50.9 liters. The fit and finish seem pretty good for the price of the bag $50. And the thing that sold me on it was a drop down rifle holder. It just happens to fit my AR very nicely. It has all the thing I feel I would need for 72 hours plus. Maybe a little over kill but I am a big guy and can hump the weight around. I also plan to start walking the block with it on to get use to the weight. Some quick pics.

picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=16049picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=16048picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=16047

Am sure it would fit a AK, it fits my AR, 870, 597 .22lr, 30-06. So I am sure it would work for the AK. You could check for it online? www.fieldline.com It is the glenwood canyon framepack. Like I said Fin has it for $49.99. Did not look online to see if it is cheaper. I had a store credit and wanted a new bag so I got it today. Link to the pack I bought.http://www.fieldline.com/Products/glenwood-canyon-frame-pack/7

Edited by speedytriple

LOL long list.

120 rounds 5.56 ammo in 4 mags.

100 rounds mini mag .22lr

50 rounds 9mm

browning buckmark .22lr pistol in holster

14 inch camp saw in sheath.

the fixed blade knife on the front strap.

One skinning knife inside

two lock blade knifes for small duty stuff.

one full roll duct tape

one roll blue painters tape.

100+ feet 550 paracord

1 can gel sterno fuel

1 lighter

1 box water proof matches, long burn

1 fire steel

Some dry fire tinder

1 led flash light not the best looking to upgrade

1 set extra batteries for flash light.

3 candles

First aid kit

Lip balm

hand sanitizer

full brim hat(boonie style)

1 water proof hooded jacket(light weight non lined)

1 old towel

1 old shop rag

1 can gun oil

1 emergency rain poncho

1 military rain poncho with metal rings at corners to make a tent.

one fleece hoodie od green

a set of mid weight work gloves.

72 hours of my meds and some advil asprin.

1 jar of peanut butter

4 powerbars

2 bottles waterter

1 bottle water purification tabs

single serve gatoraide packets maybe 10-12 of these

some beef jerky

1 can of beef stew(5 year self life till I get a few mre)

I can deet bug spray.

socks, undies, base layer of under armor.

knife sharpener

compass

maps of ohio.

32 oz. Water bladder

I think thats it? I packed it all day I am sure there is something else in there.

Edited by speedytriple

About the only thing i want to add to it is a small camp ax or tomahac. Looked at the sog one fin had on sale for $29.99 but don't know how it would do for chopping wood? I might also add a sling shot for a silent small game taker? Still need to look at what it has an tweak it a bit. Mre's are on the short list or some dried foods. And a metal camp cup to cook/boil in. But its a good start.

I have a small LED light that you wear on your head in there that I am happy with. I just need a better hand held one. I have a LED husky brand from home depot right now think it is 70 lum? I have looked at the nebo redline before Gump it is on my short list, so is the streamline polytac light.

And your right motozachl the bag is HEAVY and way over kill but I would rather have to much then not enough.

This might be exactly what I'm looking for. My current BOB does not have a frame, but my HUGE backpacking backpack does. This would be great because it could double as an extra for backpacking. I'm constantly loaning people my equipment on backpacking trips.