Powersports Plus.com- Never buy your parts here!!

Blitz

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I ordered a part from Powersports Plus.com last Saturday. The part was cheaper than anywhere else so I decided to give it a go even though I normally go with Bike Bandit.

So I ordered the part Next Day Air and when it hadn't updated online by Wednesday I called. They said the order had been cancelled because the shipping address was different from the billing address and the billing address didn't match the address of the card. I was confused and angry because now my part was 4 days behind schedule but I went ahead and re-ordered over the phone with the rep. He put all the info into the computer and before getting off the phone I checked it online. I noticed he had placed the billing address in Coshocton in the place of the shipping address at Buckeye Lake and I told him that. He said he would change it. So I kept checking after getting off the phone with him and it never updated to the correct address. So I called back in, waited 45 minutes and spoke with another rep. She said that yes she could see where he made the change and that it would be shipped to Millersport (where I am) and not to Coshocton (billing address). I kept checking all evening knowing they were going to send it to the wrong place because that's what it says online. I wrote 2 separate emails in the middle of the night last night because I knew they were going to send it to the wrong address and sure enough, I checked today on the Fedex tracking info and the part is being sent to Coshocton. Fucking idiots! How many times do I need to call in and tell them they are making a mistake?

The card should have been declined when the address didn't match the info in the first place, at the point of sale. That put me behind. And now I have to drive to Coshocton to pick up a part that should have been here yesterday. Never order from these idiots. I spoke to every single one of them on the phone and the one that actually spoke to me like a human and not a surfer bum was the one who messed up inputting the address.

Dont order from cheapcycleparts.com either if you want it in a hurry. I paid for next day shipping on a part and 2 days later it never came, so i called them. They said it was out of stock and when thety got back into stock in the next 7-10 day then they would send it our next day to me. I said cancel my order please, im not the only one that had bad dealings with them.

After calling them once yesterday (and speaking to another surfer dude incapable of understand basic english) and being redirected to their managers voicemail (who doesn't return calls) I called in again today. I'm finding out through trial and error that of you want anything done with these guys you have to get it done over the phone and without speaking to a manager. You have to have the rep ask the manager to approve anything. So after 2 days of run around I was able to get them to approve a refund of the cost of shipping since they made the mistake.

They do have cheap parts. My part was 20 bucks cheaper than Bike Bandit. But for the hassle I'd almost say it'd be worth it to go with someone else.

Now I get to ride to Coshocton to pick up my fuel pump..... could be worse I guess.

Lots of these places don't even have a warehouse or stock of any kind. Just a handful of people with computers, they take your order, THEN they call a distributor or whoever they can get it from. They either drop ship it from whoever has it, or ship it to them then ship it to you. The .com's that have these crazy low prices have little to no profit margin, add in shipping and they're out of business in a year. Or less. I'd rather support someone local or at least in-state. Sure it might be a little more, but you know who you're dealing with, and much less hassle than what they've put you through.

Ron Ayers on the net for factory parts. Cheap and reliable but it takes a week to get it. They order from factory warehouse then ship to you. A good thirty to forty percent less than dealer. They have online fiche for lookups.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dont order from cheapcycleparts.com either if you want it in a hurry. I paid for next day shipping on a part and 2 days later it never came, so i called them. They said it was out of stock and when thety got back into stock in the next 7-10 day then they would send it our next day to me. I said cancel my order please, im not the only one that had bad dealings with them.

Cheapcycleparts is great for Honda parts. There are much better places for Suzuki parts.

• 1 month later...