First real track day was a success!!

Beast0695

Well Saturday at Gingerman was my first real trackday (i did team chicago last year) and i am happy to report that i had a blast and now have been bit by the track bug pretty hard!! I was successful in getting my knee down quite a few times and just need to work on getting my upper body position down and off the bike a bit more. I do have a question for you track junkies though. I have larger feet and kept touching my toe sliders almost every time my knee hit. I am keeping my the balls of my feet on my pegs in good position but it kept happening. Anyone have any tips or ideas? I was kinda thinking rearsets may help??

Im on the yellow GSXR

Look at the CR's chest position relative to yours. Also, get your body off the bike a bit more and that will allow the bike to be more vertical and less likely to drag a toe.

Well, that is what I keep telling myself to do but I still have lots of room for improvement.

Besides, knee down doesn't mean shit any more. It is all about the elbows.:D

nah, your toes are just sticking out, but rear sets are a common mod, so i guess might as well? i just dont see the wisdom in putting money into an 11yr old bike when you can buy a fully prepped (heck, they might have rear sets on them already), much newer track bike for pretty cheap if you think you might be doing many more track days.

or maybe that gen gsxr's have an issue with low rear sets? i dunno.

anyways, what's important is that you had a good time. hope we see you out on track in the future.

I have big duck feet too and when I dive in they scrape sometimes. Even when I think they are tucked in they aren't. So make sure your big toe is pressed against your peg mounts. Bending a corner at speed can make you lose track of an inch of footing so practice practice practice and the next track day we'll hear about all the knee dragging and not toes :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

My boots are 11.5 and I have to keep them almost on my toes. They still touch from time to time but that is what the slider is for. Like others have said your feet are sticking out too much.

As for the cr in the pic, follow what Andrew does he is crazy quick.

The problem is the bike. GSXR's aren't really designed for the track.

And why are you keeping your feet on the pegs, anyhow? Haven't you perfected the Rossi "hang your inside leg/ foot off for no apparent reason" technique yet??? All the cool kids are doing it, but nobody knows why.

Thanks for the tips. Guess its something I just need to keep working on it. Andrew is pretty damn good for sure and a hell of a good guy he for me pretty far on my body position shoulda seen me earlier in the day it was horrendous. Lol. I am thinking of investing in a track bike my buddy has an 03 R6 that he is going to part with pretty cheap in the fall. Thinking it may become my new toy!!!