Today's idiots

Scruit

Do you really need all of your lane? :dunno:

The Civic was supposed to be stuck in her lane by the tail end of the left turning traffic. My plan was to left her get stuck and then me move back into the left lane.

How does it work? Does it loop or does it record the entire time? Uses a SD card, right?

32gb class 4 SD card - gives me about 10 mins per GB but is broadcast quality HD. Does not loop - I have to delete the old files from the card. I have to remember to charge it, and I have to remember to turn it on and off.

The camera on the windshield mount it auto-record, auto-loop and wired into the ignition circuit - I never have to touch that one, but the quality is not as good and it doesn't follow where I'm looking.

What was the overtake attempt video showing? I don't know if it's too far away in the video or I am missing it. I didn't notice anyone passing.

Edit: N/M, I kept pausing it and I slightly noticed them trying to pass and then saw you and waited. You looked away and f'd it all up. :D

I plan to mount a pair of car horns like yours Scruit, just much more pronounced than the beepers these bikes are built with. My bike looks mean, sounds mean, and is mean for that matter.......until you hit the horn button and those big swingin' buffalo nuts shrivel up into raisins:nono:

• Upvote 1

I can see she was going to get blocked by the car turning,instead of speeding up and going around on the right.You should of stayed behind her cause chance's are they will move over.And sure enough she did.SPIDE,Scan.predict,identfy,decide,excecute.....Always expect the unexpected.Think twice save a life..

The Civic was supposed to be stuck in her lane by the tail end of the left turning traffic. My plan was to left her get stuck and then me move back into the left lane.

Cars always have the right of way, after trucks of course ;)

Cars always have the right of way, after trucks of course ;)

good thing you're joking

but better yet its true when you drive a truck. I make my own room when needed because I drive a big ass 2500 and I've found people would rather get out of the way then hit me :)

I can see she was going to get blocked by the car turning,instead of speeding up and going around on the right.You should of stayed behind her cause chance's are they will move over.And sure enough she did.SPIDE,Scan.predict,identfy,decide,excecute.....Always expect the unexpected.Think twice save a life..

Exactly. What if the car didn't see you and took the whole lane? Would it be illegal since you were there? Yep. Would you being in the right save your life? Nope. Dead is dead.

Sucks. But you did pass on the right....

Perfectly legal in Ohio... ORC. 4511.28, relevant to this discussion is section (2)

Seeing that the driver in front of you is likely to get stuck behind someone turning - $0

Speeding up to insure that she gets stuck so that you can cut in front of her - $0

Driver uses almost 1 entire foot of your lane to avoid getting stuck - $0

Honking and posting up video because you can't share the road and your delta-bravo move failed - priceless.

You also changed lanes in an intersection not once, but twice...;)

No, she shouldn't have ventured out of her lane, but let's be honest - you were trying to get her trapped and you could have let off the throttle - wouldn't have needed to brake - and she'd have been back over the line before you even knew what happened.

Sorry, can't agree with you on this one.

No, she shouldn't have ventured out of her lane, but let's be honest - you were trying to get her trapped and you could have let off the throttle - wouldn't have needed to brake - and she'd have been back over the line before you even knew what happened.

Sorry, can't agree with you on this one.

The cager encroached into his lane without warning or signaling; regardless of his (Scruit) behavior, the cagers actions were inappropriate, illegal (failure to stay in lane or failure to signal, take your pick) and dangerous. Would the car have done the same if there was a cement truck in the place of the bike?

Legal, common.

Legal, yes. Also annoying, dangerous, and a pet peev of mine. A little patience on the rider's part, and a little situational awareness on the cager's part and the whole situation is avoided.

I'd love to see a law written and enforced that required you to yield to the right lane when approached by faster moving traffic whenever safely possible. Then following that a law prohibiting passing on the right.

Of course the cage was still wrong for entering his lane while he was occupying it. I think the proper response is a expanding police baton to beat their car with.

Wait, you got a 32 gig card to work in your gopro. The one I tried wouldn't work. Any chance you could post up the brand of card you use?

Sure. SanDisk Class 4 32GB SDHC. What version GoPro is it? Don't use Class 2 cards. As a rule I only buy Class10 cards for HD recording these days, but I just happened to have this one lying around so I still use it.

I have the hero HD. I will have to look but I though mine was a class 4 but a different brand. When I talked to gopro they said it was super picky on the 32 gig cards. I would work well if I recorded under 15 min, after that it would damage the file and nothing would play.

Thanks for the info.