Anyone familiar with this track bike?

YSR_Racer_99

LOL. Hmmm. Thank you. And its faster than the other bikes in that group, too.

I didn't get involved in the whole AFJ hatred thing, and don't really know their reputation. Thoughts on this being an AFJ machine?

I mainly lurk there and stir shit every once in awhile It was knox's old bike I think. I can post up about the bos status/history if you want....

I personally don't know if I would buy a bike from them. I have no reason to believe its especially beat up or anything. Your close so it's definitely worth looking at if your interested.

Post #6, and "Lizard" in general. KTM Brian?? Doesn't seem to fit.

http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/showthread.php?19302-2006-SV-Superbike

Yup, that's me. I was interested in the SV Superbike and have been actively looking...

The "race Frame" isn't a true statement. The thing is that it was probably a warranty or insurance deal and they got a new frame. They never transferred the VIN # and thus, why it is blank. True race bikes as some have had will still have some type of stamping to clarify what frame is in use. I remember some teams running weird VIN#s, but they still were stamped something...

When the seller says "race frame", he probably just means it needs to be a track only bike...

Buy an R6... If you really want a GSXR750, buy one built. Otherwise, the newer gen 600s will eat your lunch. Reuben can get really solid and dependable numbers from the 750s...

i may be wrong, but I believe all frame should have a VIN plate, even if they have a manufacturer certificate of origin, and have never been titled as a vehicle.

I'll check the ORC if I can, but I want to say that owning a bike without a VIN plate is a big no-no. It would be presumed stolen until you can prove otherwise...

That's just my gut reaction. As noted, I'll try to check.

All that said, I've never had anyone check the VIN on my track bike. That includes when crossing into Canada to ride Calabogie a couple years back...

This is what I was thinking of:

ORC 4519.67

"no person shall... (2) Sell or offer for sale in this state an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle on which the manufacturer’s or assigned vehicle identification number has been destroyed, removed, covered, altered, or defaced with knowledge of the destruction, removal, covering, alteration, or defacement of the manufacturer’s or assigned vehicle identification number;"

But that does appear to only apply to "off-highway" motorcycles.

you just can't (legally) transfer a vehicle without a VIN plate. If it falls off, you have to apply for a new one.

This is what I was thinking of:

ORC 4519.67

"no person shall... (2) Sell or offer for sale in this state an off-highway motorcycle or all-purpose vehicle on which the manufacturer’s or assigned vehicle identification number has been destroyed, removed, covered, altered, or defaced with knowledge of the destruction, removal, covering, alteration, or defacement of the manufacturer’s or assigned vehicle identification number;"

But that does appear to only apply to "off-highway" motorcycles.

you just can't (legally) transfer a vehicle without a VIN plate. If it falls off, you have to apply for a new one.

Track bikes are "off road" bikes with Ohio. I am basing this off my experience last year when we moved to OH and I titled my track bike. They titled it as "off road" due to the fact that it was not road legal. Though, they looked at me kind of funny as it doesn't really need to be titled. I did it to show ownership anyway.

A replacement frame has no VIN stamped on it. If it never had one in the first place, there's nothing illegal about it. I'm pretty sure transferring it yourself is illegal. Of course, it might give a potential buyer some peace of mind if you had a title and the old stamped neck to allude to where the other 99% of the bike came from. Then again, there's a reason people sell those on eBay.

That being said, I wouldn't want anything to do with anything from AFJ. Not saying there's anything shady about it, just saying that looks like the bike that started the whole "LBTS" thing.

i may be wrong, but I believe all frame should have a VIN plate, even if they have a manufacturer certificate of origin, and have never been titled as a vehicle.

I'll check the ORC if I can, but I want to say that owning a bike without a VIN plate is a big no-no. It would be presumed stolen until you can prove otherwise...

That's just my gut reaction. As noted, I'll try to check.

All that said, I've never had anyone check the VIN on my track bike. That includes when crossing into Canada to ride Calabogie a couple years back...

AGain, the way it works is if it was crashed and a frame replacement needed, the OEM will send a frame out and the original frame would have had to have the neck cut off that had the VIN# and sent back or destroyed. The next step SHOULD have been to stamp the original VIN# back into the new frame. This is the step that was not taken.

However, if they have a bill of sale from the dealership or similar, it will work.

Also, the same with race teams. They will have non stamped frames a lot of times due to the frames are not intended to ever be used but for competition. They will usually stamp some sort of identification into the frame to determine what is what. Then, if ever sold, they would record that and list it on the MCO/MSO... That's pretty rare anymore as most race bikes are OEM based and not allowing any mods to the frames. Superbike and MotoGP based machines will be weird, but even Superbike rules are using OEM frames and have VIN#s...