Ohio riders invades deals gap- pics and ride report..

oldschoolsdime92

Granda080 and I arrived thursday afternoon, about 1 pm. We set camp up, and unloaded the bikes, and decided it was time to go ride!

We took off down 28, and headed toward the dragon. I wanted to get our dragon passes out of the way, so we weren't trying to ride it on the weekend.

here was our view from camp

IMAG1140.jpg

We headed up the dragon, and got stuck behind a van. We stopped to check out the view

IMAG1141.jpg

fellow ohio riders members

IMAG1142.jpg

granda080 taking it all in.

IMAG1143.jpg

My fz1, granda's fz6, and fellow O.R members bikes

IMAG1144.jpg

after we hit the dragon, we headed over to the foothills parkway- what a blast!

IMAG1146.jpg

after our dragon passes we stopped back up at the lodge, and I snapped this picture of the mountain range.

IMAG1149.jpg

We called it a night, and had a few beers, and a fire and relaxed. I also met a few other members(packer82, and a few members of the fz1 forum). The next day we headed out to the Cherohola Skyway. What a beautiful ride!

IMAG1153.jpg

IMAG1155.jpg

after we rode Cherohola, I had gotten word from a few folks that there was an awesome bbq place in Tellico. I have to agree, this is the best bbq I have ever had.

IMAG1150.jpg

IMAG1152.jpg

After we ate I was pretty well exhausted from not sleeping real well the night before. We hopped on the cherry cola skyway, and headed back. When we arrived back we decided to grab a shot of the camp ground from the top of the dam

IMAG1156.jpg

We went back to our camp site, and headed up to the general store, and bashed on some ice cream, and met up with likwid, issacspapa,bad324,and chatted for awhile.

On Saturday, we decided we were going to Hit up Georgia, and South Carolina. So we decided to ride 28. I was initially bummed it was just one road, but good god. Beautifully amazing around every corner. This road had it all. Tight and technical, sweepers, scenery.

Break time

IMAG1160.jpg

IMAG1161.jpg

Edited by oldschoolsdime92
  • Upvote 1

more break time

IMAG1160.jpg

after a water, a granola bar, we were off again on our adventure!

on up the road we found this very cool little waterfall. Brides Veil falls, Highlands,NC.

IMAG1162.jpg

We decided it was lunch time, before we headed back to 28 and found a neat little cafe'

Savannah Street Cafe.

IMAG1164.jpg

IMAG1166.jpg

We rode 28 back, and hit War woman road, which was great for about 6 or 7 miles, and then it flattened out. We jumped back over to 28, which was just as beautiful a second time.

We cruised back to Fontana, and stopped down at the deals gap store and looked around a bit.

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

We planned to eat dinner at the Deals gap place, but they were closed so we headed into Fontana, and ate an awesome pizza at the wildwood grill

IMAG1172.jpg

IMAG1173.jpg

We loaded the bikes up on the trailer after we ate, and we had a few beers and relaxed. We didn't make it to the bonfire saturday night. We had a bunch of wood to burn, and just relaxed in front of the fire, and talked about the last few days.

We slayed the dragon, in the rain, with the bikes on the trailer.

IMAG1174.jpg

This was an amazing trip. I learned more in the last three days of riding, than in the last 5 years. I have come to the conclusion, I want to do a track day. We met lots of very nice people.I hope this is going to become a yearly adventure for us.

Edited by oldschoolsdime92

Ill post up vids once I get the 15GB uploaded to YouTube. Might make a compilation vid if I get ambitious but I have not edited video if forever so I may leave that up to someone else... cough... NinjaDoc... Cough.

Cool loading the one with the zx14 launching across the road in front of us that was cool front seat to watch that then we helped him pick it up out of a ditch the guy runs a site called moto-rush.com

Edited by wht_scorpion

Looked like fun and glad the rain subsided until you were heading out. Hope to hit the Dragon someday myself and also want to check out the Appalachian trail, rt421 The Snake, and others around those parts. Good photos fella's

We rode pretty hard and Pauly is a slave driver so didn't take pics til Saturday when Mykill, Likwid and myself hit the BRP and other easterly awesome

These were my favorite of the lake at the bottom of the Dam Sat evening:

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

The cabins:

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

My view every morning waiting for everyone to gas up and roll out. Thankfully there was cell service

IMG_0534.jpg

and lastly the ONLY pics I had on the Uncle Punk/Pauly led Friday Mach Retard Ride :lol:

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

• Upvote 1

There is going to be hell to pay for you squids not telling me of this dish or bringing me back a bowl. :nono:

I didn't think of it until we were halfway back flying home because I needed a bathroom in the worst way. I did think to myself well shit Todd loves him some spaghetti I shoulda gotten some to go. It was literally just spaghetti with salsa mixed in and topped with mexican cheese