Bike weekend at Loudenville

Beegreenstrings

Sorry, just saw this. I had posted elsewhere "Thunder in Paradise". Parked in the shade by the 'army' tent. About 10 of us. AND itz true bar bands sound better the more ya drink. No drinking so just smiled at them alot. Free hog roast up the road...new shop opened. Harleys mostly. Does good work. Wife and I stopped in the nite before to wish him well. Lady (Brenda?)off has leather craft....nice work. I joked about having her do up a set of racing leathers toin look like a tuxedo (way old idea/pic)....she said she could do it!!

Nice day outing...easy in and easy out. Old friends and new at thea annual gathering.

Oh yeah...and the usual DVD made.

Edited by littlecarbsbigsmiles

We were there, did not stay long. I wondered who was there from the site. We walked around a lot. I wanted to leave the bikes for the show and take the army ram and go canoeing but could not get anyone to go.

We had a good time.

There was a cranberry cbr11xx that I fell in love with

A 1960's BMW

A older black and purple f3 style cbr and a ninja that was maroon with a nitro bottle.

2 Vstroms and I think a shadow or two

Other than that it was the Harley fan base

Not cranberry....candy glory red, and thanks. Too bad I missed ya. Got my pic in Ashland Gazette...photog there. I usually go to this outing. Still trying to figure out when the Biker Build Off is in Cambridge, prolee same weekend as Loudonville's gathering.

Next weekend is Thunder in Valley at Johnston, Pa. Not going. Mags, I did my best to find an old Hawaian shirt...guess the wife has buried them!

Few vendors, but southern guys love the Iron Pony Saloon....can't keep 'em away. They've made several runs up here since Steak Run. Plus Ed had his FREE hog roast 2 miies up the road. Free and Iron Pony' s full meal for about same price of food stands...no brainer fer me.

Had to leave early....got text around 4...."we are leaving!" Home, bike in garage, clothes changed and sitting waiting on ride to arrive....now 4:10......so wife bitched about me not shaving, Ha!

Got to show 10'ish and we went to Iron Pony around 3, maybe. Met lotsa folks and had a good time, but then i live around here. Smiles-a-lot.

Thanks. I like it! ..For that year that was the only color for US market. The titanium color looks nice as well. There is a bright blue one around here. The blue I was told not a US color, plus decal on it had Superbird, also not is US. Noticed it had Wayne Co. plates on it....rumor was it was the guy that owned Iron Pony Saloon. Couldn' t find owner though....not at street show

Loudonville stuff....there is a Beemer S, that is sweet. He was there last year as well. Talked with a guy up from Carolinas and he had and old Kawi....air cooled 4 cyl. 800 cc? Very nice shape....sounded like he wanted toward sell it. I resisted temptation.

Lotsa folks, and sorta like a county fair thing. Ya look at bikes and talk to peeple.

Oh, and I apologize...I didn't get a chance to clean the redbird up from last weekend or Friday' s ride....so took it to Loudonville dirty.

I have been up there also. Cool event!! Is it this weekend (Saturday the 23rd)? Just curious, cause I would like to go. When I went it was when they had the traveling Veterans Wall. That was cool!!!

Usually the same weekend. June 16-18 range. The wall event was the nicest one. Seeing the traveling wall kinda hits ya. They have or had a dyno. Cost $10.00 to see watcha got in hp. Don't think it was there this time. I noticed they shortened the show area by one block. Prolee something to do with State Route. No detour with the way they blocked off road this year.

The year of the Wall, they showed biker movies. It was the biggest one. They cut back for some reason....everyone I know there at a loss as to why? So maybe a rebuilding process. Only 5 rib stands. Jeph's (spelling?) outa Mt. Vernon was pretty good. Best ribs I ever had was from a coupla guys outa Cleveland somewhere. Haven' t seen them that last few years. Got their card somewhere, i think.

Local events....Loudonville "Thunder", Coshocton Balloonfest, ya missed this one..weekend before Loudonville. Roscoe Village had a bike show, Corvette show, dulcimer....yadda yadda and so forth. They do quite a few events. Don' t forget the annual Fall Tour in October.

Next one for me is the annual reunion of WACO aircraft. Small grass landing strip in Mt. Vernon. Sometime soon...Hey! 2tall, you got a firm date on this one? Aircraft from 30's that were built in Troy, Oh. Then there is a Poker Run of some sort from Crossroads church down Newark way....ends up with a free food eat at Dillon Lake. Never done a Poker Run on bike....coupla guys from down there want me to ride it.

Lotz to do, almost every weekend. Sometimes I just open the door and ride with no destination in mind.