Dragon and or Snake?

Mj 88

Wish I could have made it to the dragon with you all! I was there by myself last year and had a great time. Thinking about going to the Snake this summer. Has anyone been? Are there any other good roads you can recommend near the Dragon or the Snake? I know the obvious roads, any "unknown" roads worth checking out?

there are a TON of roads near the dragon, so many so that I didn't even do a single dragon run in the 760 some miles we did

Northern Georgia ended up being freaking amazing. Pauly or Uncle Punk can chime in with the exact road numbers of the route we took but everything was just so much fun. It included 28 South and the Cherehola Skyway which are my 2 faves

Last year I hit 28 up and around the Smokey Mtns and camped north of the dragon by look rock. I've also ridden Cherehola. The Dragon was fun but too many cops on the weekend. Have you ridden 421, the snake, it's up by Bristol?

I'm looking for a good home base to camp at when I'm down there. Yes, Northern GA is nice, but I'm on a super motard. I'm looking at riding 250 miles a day, too much more and my ass can't take it!

Pauly took us on this rode Friday, I went back to it Saturday & if it wasn't raining Sunday would have been back on it again.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=GA-60+S&daddr=GA-60&hl=en&sll=34.62764,-83.954867&sspn=0.001194,0.002411&geocode=FTAoFAIdopD6-g%3BFXFgEAIdlfL--g&mra=ls&t=m&z=11

If you can make this road part of your trip you will not be disappointed, especially on a supermoto. The majority of bikes I saw on that road were supermotos.

Edited by Uncle Punk

Shouldn't you be going to jail soon how are you planning a trip?

I'll be pleading 'not quilty' on the 27th.

I have the hookup at Fontana now. :)

Yes, those roads were incredible...

Chris

We rode the Snake last year, and the surrounding areas. I really enjoyed it, and can only say what has already been stated.....less po po and squids around the Snake area. All great roads around both areas. And definitely good food in Bristol/Johnson City.

I'll be pleading 'not quilty' on the 27th.

I have the hookup at Fontana now. :)

Yes, those roads were incredible...

Chris

Now I understand why you are staying that far north when all of the good roads are south of there you cock hound.

Good luck on the 27th

for some good riding check out Roan Mtn. TN.. located near the snake-421. then Rt.80 due south to BRP.

I rode 80 on my way back from the gap. The road has a lot of potential but it is very dirty, has driveways and cross roads everywhere. Not to mention all the coal trucks, coal miners driving to work and every redneck in a pickup. I rode forty miles of it in both directions between 1:00PM and 7:00PM on a weekday it's a great road but traffic and hazards keep it from being a destination road. I would use it to get somewhere on a motorcycle trip but wouldn't go out of my way to get on it without having other roads to ride.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=VA-80+E%2FState+Route+768&daddr=VA-80+E%2FHonaker+Rd&hl=en&sll=37.133065,-82.1129&sspn=0.592302,1.234589&geocode=Fa9AOQIdbVIY-w%3BFWT1MwIdytId-w&mra=ls&t=m&z=10

One of my favorites in the area was Wahya or wayha road. It's a little rough and narrow but almost no traffic and a lot of nice tight corners. There's a road that runs off of it I think its forest road 711 that looked like a blast but it'd take a dual sport to ride.