Where to look for a track bike

donkason

I'm scraping fairings on my 09 Busa and I'm going to start looking for something a little less bloated. I'd love to get my hands on a litre bike that is track prepped or a salvage bike I can build. I tool around Craigslist and can't find much. Everybody wants a mint for 7 year old bikes and I'm not about to drop 8k and another 2k to convert it. I might as well track out what I have for that kind of jack.

So where should I look besides Craigslist?

Easiest places to look are the forums of any of the racing/trackday organizations

Nesba

Sport bike track time

Motoseries

wera

just to name a few. It's rare you find any on craigslist because in comparison the market is much smaller. It's easiest to look were people share the same interest.

track bikes come up on ebay occasionally. from what i can see, you pretty much just want to look for salvage title bikes that are selling/auctioning for cheap and convert them yourself.

There's tons of bikes to be had depending on your budget. No offense to Aaron, but I think he's a little high on his price but someone will buy it eventually.

Sign up for the forums listed in the second post and hit the classifieds. You'll find something.

mine is for sale here. I believe it's listed at $3100, but I'm flexible on that. PM me.

It's a great bike, I just can't afford to ride it right now. I raced it last month at Nelson, and the only thing wrong with it was the nut between the seat and the bars.

track bikes come up on ebay occasionally. from what i can see, you pretty much just want to look for salvage title bikes that are selling/auctioning for cheap and convert them yourself.

There are a couple places that advertise on cycletrader.

Found a Triumph Daytona 955i for less than $2k... R6 for $3200... etc.

I'm working on a 2005 R1 a few states over with track gear for $2750. I'm calling today to set a pick up time. It's a salvage title, but most track bikes seem to be.

It would be good to know where to spot tweaked frames and other key things to look at. The deal is so good there must be dead hooker smeared on that bike somewhere.