See ya later Ohio

chevysoldier

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going Wednesday to enlist in the Reserves, assuming the offer me a job I want. Recruiter said I'll probably be in the Reserves about a year until they will release me back active duty, they want to get their money's worth out of me. Gives me time to get all my affairs in order before I get stationed somewhere.

Yesterday I swore in to the Army Reserves for 6 years although I plan on either going back active or maybe Active Guard Reserve (full time reserve) in about a year-ish. I was able to get an MP slot which is what I wanted. The other options were mechanics or admin type stuff, none of which appealed to me at all. Even better is I was able to be put into an E5 slot so after school I should be promoted.

Spent all yesterday at the Military Entrance Processing Station, probably about 20-30 others that were enlisting as well. I was the only prior service and soon I had a bunch of 17-20 year olds asking me what to expect in basic training, military life in general and how MEPS was when I went through it 9 years ago. It was quite funny but made me feel a bit old. lol

It was a long day but definitely a great one. I'm happy to finally be back in and on my way.