anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

Can some of you post your poops, too? I bet it has chest hair.

If I wasn't in a foreign bathroom in the middle of Disney World, I would have taken a pic of the most impressive shit log I've ever had. This was several hours after consuming 40oz of steak in a 6 hour span

• 4 weeks later...

Project "Big Smoke" is under way.  We're in phase 2 right now.  Well, it might not be a big smoke for some, but for me it is!  For phase 1, I have 20 pounds of pork butt (already done, and pulled), phase 2 is a 9 pound brisket (in the smoker now, started around 3:30 AM) and phase 3 is 6 racks of ribs.  Total of about 45 pounds of meat for a get-together that we're having here this evening.

• Upvote 1

Project "Big Smoke" is under way.  We're in phase 2 right now.  Well, it might not be a big smoke for some, but for me it is!  For phase 1, I have 20 pounds of pork butt (already done, and pulled), phase 2 is a 9 pound brisket (in the smoker now, started around 3:30 AM) and phase 3 is 6 racks of ribs.  Total of about 45 pounds of meat for a get-together that we're having here this evening.

Your killin me!!! Haven't even had a cup a Joe yet and I'm drooling for some Q. Good luck. Hope it's a winner.

Your killin me!!! Haven't even had a cup a Joe yet and I'm drooling for some Q. Good luck. Hope it's a winner.

The brisket is pretty much ready, I'm keeping it on low heat to keep it warm for a while now.  I pulled one of the corners off on accident, and had a taste, and I think it's going to be the best brisket I have done to date!  On to the ribs in a couple hours!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm craving some BBQ . I may have to fire up the smoker this weekend.

I need to as well. I'm completely out of pulled pork and pulled beef that I like to keep frozen so when I get the taste but don't have the time to do it

• 5 weeks later...

Ya know, I'm still not sure about the whole soaking of the chips thing.  It doesn't seem to make any difference.  Maybe I just need to start soaking them longer?

I didn't either until I soaked them for at least 4 hours. Really the benefit seemed the chips didn't burn up as fast and put out a better even smoke

• Upvote 1

I sometimes soak the chips, but I do not like an overpowering smoke flavor. Pecan and apple are my go to woods, but cherry is very nice as well. I am putting a butt on tonight for the family get together tomorrow, gonna be cold and a bit hard to maintain the temps I like.

I know it's not bbq but I'm roasting the bird this year. It's sitting in a garlic clove and 4 color peppercorn brine right now. First time I've ever brined a turkey. Gonna stuff and roast tomorrow and see how it comes out.

Once you brine a bird, you will never go back. Matter of fact.....brine pork and chicken too, it is just fabulous. Good luck with the bird, let us know how it turns out. My pork shoulder is in the smoker as I type this, gonna be some happy eaters in the afternoon. :)