anyone here make bbq?

oldschoolsdime92

Haha,all of us smoked today. Im finishing up the venison loins right now. Had 2 big ones and 2 smaller ones, tried one pair with a mustard rub and 1 pair with just famous Dave's. Finishing it up right now at 250 in the oven, not how I normally like to do it but weather is awful.

bad-could you send me that recipe? that sounds awesome.

Chicken Rub:

2/3 cup chili powder

1/2 cup sugar

4 tablespoons kosher salt

4 tablespoons onion powder

4 tablespoons garlic powder

1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Take 4-8 small chicken breasts and marinade them in a dish with diced onion, crushed garlic and 2 cans of coke. When you're ready to smoke the breasts up pull out of the marinade and generously cover in rub then wrap the breast in bacon and smoke in an aluminum pan. Took about 1.5 hrs at temps between 250-300

Weather! ha I was out there in the snow with a beer checking the heat LOL! Lots of charcoal was burned to keep the heat up LOL!

Haha, thats why i have a propane smoker, Im too lazy, and I get it going to temp, load it up, and leave it up to 3 hrs at a time before checking it.

Ended up with a thick smoke ring an the deer tenderloins are perfect. The oven finish worked well so I will remember that for next time too.

yup wanting to smoke in cold weather is exactly why I got my propane one! Yesterday was first attempt in cold weather and man was I pleased. Gonna do some modding to it soon though to make it more efficient

31171864.jpg&sa=X&ei=t_zwUPGDEsjnrAHM2YHYAQ&ved=0CAkQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNG-3ip2FAwsSTCd7NPg1KGCuaLOmQ

Not if done right! That's why I don't get a steak at restaurants, they can't do well-done, right. I have made cooked steaks on my grill that I thought were just good, then went to a steakhouse restaurant days later and realized how much better mine were!

I'm a meatetarian, not a cannibal! :lol:

picture.php?albumid=1111&pictureid=17069 You guys are slacking.. I'm just learning this stuff and cant stop. Did some chops and beef short rib steaks over apple wood with a maple dry rub. The steaks got a garlic pepper rub on them. Still need a thermometer to check internal temps. Edited by speedytriple