Motoseries July 29 Round 5 - Nelson Ledges

SJC1000rr

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I've missed this thread up until now, but I want you all to know that you are truly a bunch of fuck heads... and I say that with love.

Anyway, spent all damn day getting the bike ready for this weekend since there was some work to do after I binned it last round at Beaver. Installed some new woodcraft clip-ons (royal pain in the ass), painted and installed a spare gas tank I had, bunch of amatuer body work touch ups, new shift rod on the rearset, new gasket in the exhaust, and a bunch of other random shit. Took me ten hours and the GF is fucking pissed at me right now because it was the only day we both had off. I've got my priorities straight though, unlike that pussy MadScat. :D THIS WEEKEND IS GONNA BE EPIC! I'm pumped Steve is back, just take it easy out there, man, I don't need another person beating me. Lots of HJ's and man love coming up, boys!

I'll be there Saturday around 11 am, gonna ride a few afternoon sessions. And I'm in for SBK 1 and 2, and the mini 20.

I don't know how I've missed this thread up until now, but I want you all to know that you are truly a bunch of fuck heads... and I say that with love.

Anyway, spent all damn day getting the bike ready for this weekend since there was some work to do after I binned it last round at Beaver. Installed some new woodcraft clip-ons (royal pain in the ass), painted and installed a spare gas tank I had, bunch of amatuer body work touch ups, new shift rod on the rearset, new gasket in the exhaust, and a bunch of other random shit. Took me ten hours and the GF is fucking pissed at me right now because it was the only day we both had off. I've got my priorities straight though, unlike that pussy MadScat. :D THIS WEEKEND IS GONNA BE EPIC! I'm pumped Steve is back, just take it easy out there, man, I don't need another person beating me. Lots of HJ's and man love coming up, boys!

I'll be there Saturday around 11 am, gonna ride a few afternoon sessions. And I'm in for SBK 1 and 2, and the mini 20.

I haz sad face now. Just kidding, I heart you my taller ginger-lover.

John, GF+ me should arrive Saturday afternoon/evening. I need to change out tires also since Smooth and I smoked destroyed them at Putnam last weekend. The bike is functional...but has a bent lower triple which really started to give some chatter issues with the bike leaned over. Nothing I can do about it for this weekend, but definitely going to need it fixed/replaced. I'm not planning on going fast..just finishing and having fun. No point in risking much with how this year's went so far.

Add note: :hellno: I will not be doing any more mock starts!

Edited by SJC1000rr

:(

I really need to stay out of this thread...

That is all.

It's okay we can h*m* it up in Cbus, just hit me up. Actually my car blew up on me today and is in Bexley so there's a good chance I'll be coming through this week. It's at my friends shop on Livingston/70.

What kind of times do you typically run at nelson?

It was definitely a great weekend. Saturday kinda sucked due to the weather, but Sunday I had a blast and got some good races in. I seem to be stuck in the 15's at nelson which doesn't make me happy. I ran pretty consistently though and felt comfortable doing it. Other than the mini 20 which my front tire was shagged, had a weird cut/gouge all the way around it, and was sliding pretty bad in 1 and exiting the carousel, yet I still ran my best laps of the day.

Good to see everyone and can't wait to do the next one...although I'm sad to say it looks like I'm gonna miss the putnam round.

Edited by TRMN8TR

It was great seeing everyone again. I hope that Mikey is over the emotional distress that we gave him at dinner. I was laughing so damn much that I lost a contact from my eyes watering so much.

Hollywood, as always it was a blast having you as a roomie.

Hope to see a few of you at PIRC (Beaver) and then again at Putnam.

Madcat, best of luck to you in a few weeks and I hope that the better half doesn't stand stand you up at the alter.

I had wrote a huge h*m* write up on the weekend, but realized it was sounded like I was trying to win the pulitzer prize.

First time not running a trackday the day before the races and it was a little different, didn't sound like it mattered due to rain, but Sunday was a blast.

It was nice to see ALL the spectators out there, this round had more than I've ever seen, people even had some matching Tshirts made up for someone, etc. Great turn out. Huge grids, only 1 crash in practice and 1 in the races, I mean that's awesome, NO red flags!

It was awesome to have RVT there to help, and I definitely appreciated your help along with Craig and Cox. Changed up my suspension a bit and rode so much better.

Shaved 3 seconds off my previous fastest, and didn't have any oh crap moments at all. New radiator kept the bike nice and cool, tires were amazing.

Great times like usual.

Marty, thanks boss. I hope she doesn't as well!

Glad to finally make it out again also and see everyone at the track. Had a great time in 600 Sbk 1 and got back into the 15s. Though it became apparent on the 2nd race that my injuries haven't healed up yet and I could barely concentrate on racing vs the pain and had to call it a day after the flag having dropped back into the 17s. Definitely not making PIRC coming up and unsure as to Putnam depending on how I feel. Really don't want to go through the same pain again (feeling like chest was ripped apart)

Glad to see John giving it the heave ho in front of the folks and get faster. He'll soon be giving the rest of us a run for our money. Now if we could just get Nick on board!

Is the August 5th event just a track day event? I don't see it as a race event?

Steve-

You are welcome to join me in the trailer for a ride share if need be. I understand if the chest is hurting and such, but if that would assist on getting to Putnam, you really need to race that track. It will be an awesome event!

You should probably come to Grattan then Steve :D

ALL of us are planning the MS Grattan event, unless it's snowing. But they have snow plows in MI so guess that won't matter.

We will need to discuss riding together like 3-4 deep for that event though accross the board, that drive sucks, and is not as close/easy.

Definitely, was awesome, can't wait to read some of the real writeups coming soon.

Is the August 5th event just a track day event? I don't see it as a race event?

Steve-

You are welcome to join me in the trailer for a ride share if need be. I understand if the chest is hurting and such, but if that would assist on getting to Putnam, you really need to race that track. It will be an awesome event!

Might take you up on that as things get closer and depending on whos going etc. Went to Putnam last weekend with Mr. Smooth and it was fun, but scary at the same time and couldn't get below a 20 for the life of me. :(

Might take you up on that as things get closer and depending on whos going etc. Went to Putnam last weekend with Mr. Smooth and it was fun, but scary at the same time and couldn't get below a 20 for the life of me. :(

At least you weren't riding a bike that was dumping water on the rear tire. :p

I MIGHT go to the Indy Ducati event this coming Sunday if we get back from vacation soon enough. We could work on lines and such if you're up to it.

At least you weren't riding a bike that was dumping water on the rear tire. :p

Suck a fat one. The radiator fixed it and I repaired the fiberglass. BUT if you keep this sh*t up, next time you borrow my bike I will put the old radiator back in and recut the lower.

Actually planning to put the new bodywork on this week and get it fitted. Ram air tubes, numbers, and Dzus fasteners all need installed. Just hope no one loses my Dzus fastners again... CRAIG. :cry:

KTM, man I was hoping you'd be there this weekend, didn't get to chat much at Beaver with my bike running so poorly, but we'll catch up later. Enjoy your vacation, been watching the AFJ threads, keep your head up. Everyone apprecaites your input, even if they won't admit it.

Suck a fat one. The radiator fixed it and I repaired the fiberglass. BUT if you keep this sh*t up, next time you borrow my bike I will put the old radiator back in and recut the lower.

Actually planning to put the new bodywork on this week and get it fitted. Ram air tubes, numbers, and Dzus fasteners all need installed. Just hope no one loses my Dzus fastners again... CRAIG. :cry:

KTM, man I was hoping you'd be there this weekend, didn't get to chat much at Beaver with my bike running so poorly, but we'll catch up later. Enjoy your vacation, been watching the AFJ threads, keep your head up. Everyone apprecaites your input, even if they won't admit it.

Eh, I am over that site for a while. It's silly to say the least.

Is the Beaver event this coming weekend a race or track day event? Let me know!