Rider down on 270EB between 33 Sawmill

SWing'R

Just went by the scene a few minutes ago.

Black sportbike. No cars on scene. Two dublin police an

a paramedic treating the rider.

Not sure what happened.

Black 2005 Suzuki Hayabusa ridden by a 34yo male from Marysville.

A black fullsize pickup hauling building matierials shed part of its load (described as "building materials ... the size of half a drywall sheet") in the lane in front of the rider. The debris bounced off the road, struck the headlight/windshield of the bike and then hit the rider square in the visor, causing a minor neck injury. The rider was able to get the bike stopped otherwise safely on the shoulder. Was transported to DMH by EMS for minor injuries. Expected to recover.

The pickup did not stop. No suggestion was made that the driver was even aware of the accident.

Not only did he keep it on its wheels while getting to the shoulder, he stated that the impact of the drywall made him black out. He took a half-sheet of drywall to the face at freeway speed which left him dazed enough to black out and not form memories after the impact, and STILL got it to the shoulder safely...

Someone needs to reach out to him and give him the Badass OhioRiders Biker award. BOB for short.

i've sobbed uncontrollably from a oversized lady bug hitting me square in the shoulder. it exploded like a waterballoon on the hard plastic plate and so did my sensitive emotions

Wow. Thanks for the followup Scruit.

Another reason to NOT follow to closely in traffic on the highway!

You need time to react to situations. I'm always afraid if I'm too

close to traffic in front of me on the highway I won't be able to react

to road debris if the car swerves out of the way of a chunk of tire

or something at the last second, or worse yet, kicks it up at me!

Glad he is gonna be okay.

Having had crap hit me and flat tires from unsecured loads on trucks...

I don't follow too close at all. I really back off and change lanes when I see one.

I had a rock about inch in diameter hit me square between the eyes on the sunglasses (polycarbonate), from a flatbed truck. Very close to knocking me out. So much fun. Yes, that gave me a headache. And we were both going the same direction, whodathunk.