I'm having a bad day

SpeedTriple44444

Man, this sucks to hear anytime anyone has a pet that passes. Thinking back to when my pup was hit on the road and all I could do about it was hold him until the end.....I agree that each pet we all own are a small tragedy waiting to happen. BUT, it's always worth it when compared to the years of enjoyment/love/companionship in the end.

RIP little Aussie

I wasn't trying to make you feel guilty. Just trying to give you perspective. It sucks.. but it could be worse. You're lucky to have had her in your life as long as you did. Be thankful. That's all I was saying. Sorry if I made you feel bad.

your condolences are bad, and you should feel bad

• Upvote 1

I've always felt closer to the lower life forms than to humans, and this has been a constant theme throughout my life. We had one dog during our travels as I was going through my teen years, and I will never forget him. When my parents put him down I was not living with them but I knew he was getting sick. Sorry to hear about your friend. Get another one, once you're ready. A dog and a loving home always go together...

• 1 month later...

So, I've learned since I originally posted this that bad days are relative. I just found out that I have congestive heart failure (at 37 years old- never smoked a day in my life, done any drugs ever, or drank more than a couple drinks at a time). It kind of changes your perspective on things to find out your life expectancy just went down the toilet, lol. That's all the sunshine I wanted to share for today. Anyone want to buy a Vstrom?

There are a few things they can do to help it. Medications, diet, and exercise. Not sure if a pacemaker will help. But there are a lot of precautions he has to take. He cant take certain herbs or OTC meds. He will have to listen to his body when its tired, rest. If he has swelling or weight gain due to water retention he must rest.

I doubt the pacemaker will help. My waves look good, so it's not a rhythm problem. Everything you said is what I've been told or read. Any other advice?

I've dropped 15 pounds and stopped eating salt / high sodium foods. I'm controlling my water intake. I'm exercising, but I overdid it last night and was EXHAUSTED. Literally couldn't stay awake. I'm on a beta blocker to allow my heart to relax some.

This is a bummer; especially considering I have 2 kids- 6 and 7 years old. I hope to live long enough to see their graduation, but the stats are 50% dead within 5 years. The only good news is that typically the people involved in that stat are old and in varying degrees of health. I'm otherwise ok. My blood work was excellent.

Steve, this is indeed bad news :( no wonder you were not coming down for the rides. But these days any thing can be taken care of , so need to be disheartened

CHF = 2 main types

1 systolic where ur heart doesnt have enough pumping

2 diastolic where ur heart is thick and doesnt relax enough to fill blood

systolic mainly due to problem in any of the components of heart like heart muscle, valves or electric

Now since you are only 37 with no smoking history (hopefully no strong family history of heart attacks) I am guessing you never had heart attacks before and hence damage to muscle from that unlikely. This can be one bad one to have.

Now if you had blood pressure for long standing time your heart muscle gets thicker pumping blood against that pressure all the time, ( like biceps work out in gym) now this thick heart doesnt relax good enough to allow enough blood flow. This is reasonably better deal compared to the other one.

These two are the main ones we see, now there are tons of other causes like valve defect (did u have any heart murmurs?) irregular heart rhythm for long time ( any palpitations) and then some rare causes which we will consider since you dont fall into the typical picture.

2 things you have to know from your doctor is what is your ejection fraction (EF) ?

and any valve problems/ dilatation/ hypertrophy of muscles ?