IMS Teams with Dealer Expo at Indy; Feb 15-17, 2013

Casper

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/13681/Motorcycle-Article/IMS-Teams-with-Dealer-Expo-at-Indy.aspx

Today, Advanstar Communications Inc. announced that two of the industry’s leading powersports events, the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows and Dealer Expo, will combine in 2013 to create the ultimate two-wheeled destination weekend in Indianapolis, the motorsports capital of the U.S. and a city that is conveniently located within a day’s drive for more than half of the U.S. population. A new stop for the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows, the largest and longest-running consumer powersports show series in the world, will take place in Indianapolis, Indiana on February 15-17, 2013, at the Lucas Oil Stadium, co-located with Dealer Expo, the world’s largest powersports trade show held at the Indianapolis Convention Center. Together, the two events will take over downtown Indianapolis over President’s Day weekend.

The Indianapolis Motorcycle Show will be open to the public and will fill Lucas Oil Stadium with new models from bike manufacturers, offer the best aftermarket shopping deals around and present all of the inspiration and action that the International Motorcycle Shows tour brings to every city in the country where they run. The 2013 Dealer Expo will cover 230,000 square feet of space with more than 700 exhibitors showcasing all the powersports industry has to offer and the hottest new parts, products and gear for the upcoming riding season. In the spirit of celebrating the business and passion that the industry was founded on, Dealer Expo attendees will be granted special access to the Indianapolis Motorcycle Show after normal Dealer Expo trade show hours, and motorcycle show consumers will have select access to Dealer Expo for the first time.

“We’re thrilled to bring the Progressive International Motorcycle Shows to Indianapolis, and run it alongside Dealer Expo – it’s a perfect fit for a market we’ve served for the last 44 years and a great way to bring the industry, dealers and riders together,” said Advanstar Executive Vice President Danny Phillips. “Our goal in developing one, single powersports weekend was to make sure we listened carefully to our customers, so that we created the right format, in the right city, at the right price and built the combined trade and consumer industry event they wanted.”

We booked our hotel last night. This will be way better than Cleveland. :D

If enough people are interested, I'll work with a few contacts I have out there to put together a Saturday night shindig.

Updated:

Ok here tiss.....

Hilton Garden Inn

10 East Market

Indianapolis IN 46204

317-955-9700 Group Code is "OHIO"

12 rooms are blocked for us, Casper and I have already taken 2. Looks like 5 others are calling dibs too. Call now and get one if you are going or even considering going so we have a chance to get more if needed. Hotels in the area are booking fast. Make sure to give the group code when calling. Rooms are 149 a night, the blocked rooms are for Fri and Sat night. Could just do Sat if wanted, Casper and I will be there both nights, there is lots to do in the area and much within walking distance.

12 rooms blocked.

Reservation list updated as rooms are taken...

Me and a sammich maker or 2

Casper and Cbrgirl

Hutch and a sammich maker

Tall Tim and a sammich maker

Mexican Bad3452857621 and a sammich maker

Bowdog and a sammich maker

Dustin348572645 and a sammich maker

Edited by CbrGirl

Let me know the Hotel or how to go about booking and i will book my room tonight or tomorrow.

We go down every year for the SuperCross and its always a great time, lots of nice bars and resturants right next to Lucas Oil Stadium.

IN!!!..but no strippers or short guy with beards in my room this time(sorry yoda:lol:) i need my beauty sleep. My tahoe seats 9 (7 semi comfotable)we can car pool.

Edited by 2talltim

Ok, long delay but she finally got back with me. Group rate will be 149 a night. Only took 20 off but thats a start. We have 12 rooms blocked off for ORDN. They were unwilling to knock more off because that is a big busy weekend for the area and many other hotels are already booked. It is a very nice place, The Hilton. Of the 12 rooms blocked 5 are already spoken for. If we fill them soon enough and more are still availible I will request more rooms added to our block. You will need to call her and tell her you are with us and provide card info to lock your room in. Ill have Ben update the first post with the info when they are ready for you to call. She has mailed me a contract that needs signed and returned before our group will be set up so in about a week the post will be updated with contact info for reservations.

She said 21 days prior and that the details on that would be in the contract too.

perfect, I'll probably end up grabbing a room then and if it turns out I can't make it as it gets closer I'll relinquish it.

I've been wanting to get back and visit Indianapolis ever since I moved away from there in 08 but just never have. This could be an excellent excuse