5/3 bank about to f you over....

serpentracer

Chase lost my buisness many times over the years.

5/3 has never done me any favors. When I was broke, they tried to put a bounced check thru several times in one day. Had to go in and raise hell. Never forgot it, but was too lazy to find another bank.

I moved my mortgage and now I think I'm done with them.

Just start banking online. It's convenient and the interest rates are great. I'm personally with Ally bank.

When we were in Switzerland in May, my wife said something about opening a Swiss bank account just to say we had one :) We didn't :mad:

I just spoke with my banker at 5th 3rd and I will not be recieving any fee's. Go in and talk to your banker before you panic, if you carry $1,500 in checking and savings (combined amount if needed) then no fee's. You can also open a credit card with them and even if you tear it up right then still no fee's and last what i was told is if you are a valued customer then the manager has the option to wave all fee's which is what they did for me.

I just spoke with my banker at 5th 3rd and I will not be recieving any fee's. Go in and talk to your banker before you panic, if you carry $1,500 in checking and savings (combined amount if needed) then no fee's. You can also open a credit card with them and even if you tear it up right then still no fee's and last what i was told is if you are a valued customer then the manager has the option to wave all fee's which is what they did for me.

They told me the same, but its a principle thing. We made an agreement, now they decided to break the agreement. Fuck them. Everybody is trying to dip their hand a little further into the consumers pocket. We have to start drawing lines.

We bail out banks, banks fuck us more. Weak.

I left 5/3 a long time ago, and got a settlement from them after they rearranged transactions to make you over draft. The wife banks there now and as soon as we are back from our honeymoon we are taking her accounts to Chase.

I have been banking with them for a long time and can honestly say i have always been taken care of quickly and with above expected customer service.

I heard from a senior manager at Chase that they do the same transaction re-arranging thing. Or did - The President's credit card reform shut a lot of that crap down.

Allegedly they would allegedly processes your alleged withdrawals in descending size order to allegedly increase the chance that multiple alleged transactions would allegedly overdraw, leading to more alleged fees. (Allegedly ;))

ie You write checks for $20, $25 and $500. You have $500 in your account. The first two checks clear, the $500 one doesn't, you get zinged one time. What I was told Chase would do is process the largest check first, the $500 would clear, but BOTH the $25 and the $20 would overdraw, meaning they zing you twice for fees.

You *know* that idea was presented with the preface; "I have a great idea to make our customers pay us more money for no extra work on our part..."

(Huntington for 15 years, no problems, but never pissed them off either)

I heard from a senior manager at Chase that they do the same transaction re-arranging thing. Or did - The President's credit card reform shut a lot of that crap down.

Allegedly they would allegedly processes your alleged withdrawals in descending size order to allegedly increase the chance that multiple alleged transactions would allegedly overdraw, leading to more alleged fees. (Allegedly ;))

ie You write checks for $20, $25 and $500. You have $500 in your account. The first two checks clear, the $500 one doesn't, you get zinged one time. What I was told Chase would do is process the largest check first, the $500 would clear, but BOTH the $25 and the $20 would overdraw, meaning they zing you twice for fees.

You *know* that idea was presented with the preface; "I have a great idea to make our customers pay us more money for no extra work on our part..."

I am a GM at Huntington and we are a very easy bank to work with. I could go on and on but look up 24 hour grace and Asterisk Free checking. If I didn't work here I would still bank with Huntington. We have a host of convenience products that help you keep up with your account and we keep it free.

We have put in place a philosophy of fair play banking and we stand by it. :thumbup:

what i like about huntington is the common sense approach to money...

for example, when i was with first merit, I went on a motorcycle trip. I had $2000 in savings, and thought i had 300 in checking, apparently something cleared that i forgot about, and every fuel stop i made that day (quite a few) they dinged me with a $35 overdraft.... WTF!

at huntington, they just jack it out of my savings, and don't charge me any overdraft.

my bank hasn't charged me a red cent in fees (though they have paid me a few in interest)

Same here :D

I currently have Chase but am looking to get a second bank account. Thinking about PNC since I heard of them giving you $150 if you start a new bank account after July 28. Any opinions on them?

I bank with PNC and I have not one complaint against them. Any UDF has ATMs and my account set up gives me fee-free ATM withdraws from other ATMs up to $8 a month(they reimburse you the fee amount for what ever one bank charged you) and I Personally don't pull money outta ATMs very often. The virtual wallet app and website are amazing and really helped me get my shit in order. They ofer that extra money all the time, it was $100 when I opened mine. It's simple all you have to do is have a direct deposit of more than $500 (I think not sure been a while) a month and make 10 qualifying purchases with your card within the first month. I thinks that's all to get that money.

To clarify this is untrue. Not sure about before 3 years ago, but I can 100% say this is totaly false. They clear in order of deposit, just depends what order they are deposited in. That's how Chase does it as I would hope all other banks.

To clarify this is untrue. Not sure about before 3 years ago, but I can 100% say this is totaly false. They clear in order of deposit, just depends what order they are deposited in. That's how Chase does it as I would hope all other banks.

To clarify, I wonder if you have anything to back up the fact that you say it is untrue. not saying you're wrong, just wondering if it's better or newer information than what I have. I hope they fixed that by now, because when this information was given to me by a senior manager in New York - this was 6 years ago, though.

Wasn't JPMC called before congress to defend its credit card practices with an advance warning from the govt that they stop any practice they couldn't defend. That led to massive changes in billing concepts such as Universal Default etc. JP knew that the gub'mint was working on the credit card reform legislation. (next time you are a day late on your electric bill and your credit card interest rate does NOT jump to 29.99% can thank Obama and the 111th Congress)

So, whereas some think that the sun shines out of Jamie Dimon's butt... Some of us have reasons to believe different.

Don't get me started on Dimon's pre-meltdown subprime bluff.

Credits post 1st and debits 2nd, no exceptions. Debits for now are largest to smallest. We are working on setting the debits to post chronologically though. Soon to come.

Who is *we*? Chase? Because that would directly contradict madcat... :popcorn:

what i like about huntington is the common sense approach to money...

for example, when i was with first merit, I went on a motorcycle trip. I had $2000 in savings, and thought i had 300 in checking, apparently something cleared that i forgot about, and every fuel stop i made that day (quite a few) they dinged me with a $35 overdraft.... WTF!

at huntington, they just jack it out of my savings, and don't charge me any overdraft.

...while charging a $10 fee for the act of transferring your money from savings to checking to cover a overdraft. Granted, I'm sure that with the CC/banking reforms that have been passed this fee has either been done away with or limited, but the fact that it was there to begin with was very frustrating to me, and one of the reasons why I threw Huntington on its ass years ago. Huntington engaged in the same type of transactional fudgery to maximize overdraft revenue as 5/3 and the rest of the banks.

I am a GM at Huntington and we are a very easy bank to work with. I could go on and on but look up 24 hour grace and Asterisk Free checking. If I didn't work here I would still bank with Huntington. We have a host of convenience products that help you keep up with your account and we keep it free.

We have put in place a philosophy of fair play banking and we stand by it. :thumbup:

No, you put a "philosophy of fair play banking" after you were legally required to do so, not before. The majority of your new "features" were policies enacted by the reform bills.

That being said, USAA is eating your lunch, and rightly so. I've tried Kemba CU (had my auto loan through them) and Mags has a point, their online banking was god-awful. I haven't had a single fee with USAA thus far, and with my mortgage being through Chase (something that was beyond my control), I have a dummy checking account set up in the rare time I make in-person deposits.

Cheech, I'm not going to argue with you, but you are incorrect. Minds are not changed online. We have done a lot of customer friendly things that we have not been mandated to do. That's why I really enjoy working their vs. other institutions I have been at.

USAA is a great place too and as long as you are being taken care of that is all that counts.

To clarify, I wonder if you have anything to back up the fact that you say it is untrue. not saying you're wrong, just wondering if it's better or newer information than what I have. I hope they fixed that by now, because when this information was given to me by a senior manager in New York - this was 6 years ago, though.

Wasn't JPMC called before congress to defend its credit card practices with an advance warning from the govt that they stop any practice they couldn't defend. That led to massive changes in billing concepts such as Universal Default etc. JP knew that the gub'mint was working on the credit card reform legislation. (next time you are a day late on your electric bill and your credit card interest rate does NOT jump to 29.99% can thank Obama and the 111th Congress)

So, whereas some think that the sun shines out of Jamie Dimon's butt... Some of us have reasons to believe different.

Don't get me started on Dimon's pre-meltdown subprime bluff.

Yeah, I do, I won't say what it is because it pays my salary, but yes, whatever your person told you is no longer valid. I will definitely NOT say it wasn't 3 years ago(check that date... Obama regulations). And as much as everyone hates him, you can thank him for the CCD regulations.

As far as what happened in the trading market, well, if you have stocks and bonds in the real world then you know the market and how it works. Losses are losses, and the rest makes us rich.

And for the record I have 0 interest in Dimon(thank you for spelling his name right that means you actually have interest in this).

Scruit, you clearly are not just some smuck posting stuff and I appreciate that, I just wanted to clarify the post you had. Thank you again for being respectful and for reading into it more than just Yahoo.com.

I cannot post things at work obviously so I have to wait, as to why I posted this now.

yeah I average $1700 in my checking but I don't like the idea of me getting zapped with a $11 fee if it falls below 1500. I had their totally free checking account. I don't see why I need to change it. ok it's not the $11 that bugs me, it's the pricipal of the whole thing.

first they make up a bs story about them polling their customers and now all of their accounts have a fee attached to them, second it's the principal behind the whole thing. they know it's a pain in the ass to switch things around so they think most people will not bother. especially since so many people's bills are strictly online now. which means they'd have to update all that info with everyone and then risk it not being done right or on time and creating issues there too. I'm sure they're right but I do hope they're wrong. my mind is made up. I feel as though they're treating me as a number and not a customer. and now I have to pick between 4 lousy ass accounts that all want another payment. after all it's MY money they get to earn interst on. it's not like they weren't making money already. I wish 1/2 of the popluation would pull their money out of a bank and let the banks know who's in charge of this game. like they did back in the depression era.

Edited by serpentracer

well you guys aren't exactly all that either. tell me why you guys sold my credit card to bank of america. now I'm facing higher interest rates on my balance.

and when I had a business checking with you guys it started out as free and 4 months later I started getting fee's. :rolleyes:

plus your website is a pain in the ass to enroll for online viewing. I couldn't ever get it to work and gave up because I don't feel like calling for this and that to get it to let me log in.

then there was a issue when I paid my credit card payment and my truck payment at the same time once. both payments went to my truck. took over 3 months to get that all sorted out.

the only thing I had through huntington that wasn't a total pain in the ass was my truck loan. the rest you guys changed around on me. so I'll never bank there for sure.

plus my mom had a huge nightmare issue with you guys when she banked there. to this day she still gets agry talking about it.

Edited by serpentracer

think I found my new bank.

http://www.eaglesavings.com/personal/checking/

their advantage checking, maintain a $500 balance or get a $5 charge. but you earn interest. 5/3 has nothing like that.

that's pretty sweet.

and you can use pnc's atms free. (I rarely use an atm though). I usually use my debit card for everything. which theirs is unlimited use. free online banking and bill pay too.

and they're right up the road from me. there is 2 of them within 5 miles of me.

so far it's the best I've seen.

Edited by serpentracer