17 Year Old "KING PIN"

bowdog

what a waste of tax dollars.

not really (but kinda) arguing, but are there any other laws that should not be enforced?

what if it were cocaine being sold? or ecstasy? heroin is bad, right?

until marijuana is completely legal, shouldn't operations such as this (just a bit larger than one friend selling to another) be shut down?

just wondering.

not really (but kinda) arguing, but are there any other laws that should not be enforced?

what if it were cocaine being sold? or ecstasy? heroin is bad, right?

until marijuana is completely legal, shouldn't operations such as this (just a bit larger than one friend selling to another) be shut down?

just wondering.

drug's are not illegal because they are bad, they are bad because they are illegal

Why are some drugs illegal?...

So, back in 1900 (before it was illegal), heroin was good, as were cocaine and pot?

Assuming your answer is 'yes', please tell me if you would allow/endorse/encourage your child shooting some smack.

Assuming 'no', why not? It's not illegal, and being illegal made it bad, correct? If we take the obverse of that, then 'not illegal' = 'good', so come on junior, you and daddy are gonna par-tay tonight.

(All of the above is rhetorical. If we have a law, it should be enforced. If it's a bad law, then it should be repealed. Period.)

Yep, I encourage kids shooting smack.....right along with munching on rat poison and washing it down with bleach.

The legality of the substance has nothing to do with it being good or bad(as a substance), but when a substance is deemed illegal it inherently brings about negative repercussions along with negative connotations(the bad).

rhetorical question or not, there is your answer

• Upvote 1

Why are some drugs illegal?...

So, back in 1900 (before it was illegal), heroin was good, as were cocaine and pot?

Assuming your answer is 'yes', please tell me if you would allow/endorse/encourage your child shooting some smack.

Assuming 'no', why not? It's not illegal, and being illegal made it bad, correct? If we take the obverse of that, then 'not illegal' = 'good', so come on junior, you and daddy are gonna par-tay tonight.

(All of the above is rhetorical. If we have a law, it should be enforced. If it's a bad law, then it should be repealed. Period.)

So I take it you will be buying your kids a carton of cigarettes for their 18th birthday, and a case of Jack for their 21st. Heck, they're legal, they must not be bad, right? :rolleyes:

Good does not = legal.

Illegal does not = bad.

Lol. Yes, black tar heroin and Meth aren't bad for you at all. :rolleyes:

yeah and weed is REAL bad for you

why are we talking about meth and heroin now? slippery slope fallacy?

i thought the subject was pot, which is a harmless plant...

in a perfect world yes they would be repealed... but we do not live in mr. rogers neighborhood unfortunately.

what do we do about the people who fight tooth and nail to keep the bad laws on the books because they profit or otherwise benefit from them?

Edited by John

i thought the subject was pot, which is a harmless plant...

(hypothetically, of course) if you were growing your own, strictly for your own consumption (and perhaps a friend or two when they came to visit), then Yes, it's harmless.

the story referred to a somewhat large-scale operation - which could easily include bodily harm to the people involved in the operation as, for instance, debts go unpaid, turf wars evolve, etc.

mebbe that's why 5-0 got involved?

in a perfect world yes they would be repealed... but we do not live in mr. rogers neighborhood unfortunately.

what do we do about the people who fight tooth and nail to keep the bad laws on the books because they profit or otherwise benefit from them?

who is profiting/benfiting from the illegality of certain drugs? The cops? Doubt it. They have to hire and pay personnel to fight "the war on drugs". this is a real (not arguing) question, as i can't see who profits.

IF the gub'ment legalized "soft" drugs like marijuana and taxed the crap outta them like they do to alcohol and smokes, would they not reap a windfall? Collect money (positive cash flow) from taxes instead of spending money (negative cash flow) on police actions such as this one? Seems to my simple mind that in this day and age of soaring budget deficits at all levels it would make sense.

I was born in the USA and am old enough - maybe I'll run for POTUS... :wtf:

IF the gub'ment legalized "soft" drugs like marijuana and taxed the crap outta them like they do to alcohol and smokes, would they not reap a windfall? Collect money (positive cash flow) from taxes instead of spending money (negative cash flow) on police actions such as this one? Seems to my simple mind that in this day and age of soaring budget deficits at all levels it would make sense.

Do it! I will vote for you BUT on one condition, this is the first law you pass :D

(hypothetically, of course) if you were growing your own, strictly for your own consumption (and perhaps a friend or two when they came to visit), then Yes, it's harmless.

the story referred to a somewhat large-scale operation - which could easily include bodily harm to the people involved in the operation as, for instance, debts go unpaid, turf wars evolve, etc.

mebbe that's why 5-0 got involved?

no, growing your own is not harmless, because you can still be utterly fucked by the legal system. In fact cultivation can bring about more repercussions than purchasing on the street, especially when cop math becomes involved.

all the negatives you associate with large-scale operations are byproducts of the legality of the substance and in reality have nothing to do with the drug itself

who is profiting/benfiting from the illegality of certain drugs? The cops? Doubt it. They have to hire and pay personnel to fight "the war on drugs". this is a real (not arguing) question, as i can't see who profits.

a better question is who doesnt profit from the illegality of drugs?

cops get paid to enforce laws....they profit from the illegality

judges get paid to sit on cases...they profit

prisons get paid to house inmates....they profit

drug dealers get paid to sell the drugs....they profit, until they are caught, at which time they are fucked

the only people who dont profit are the people who foot the bill, and they are too happy go lucky thinking they are being "protected" by all the drug busts in the newspaper to give a shit

wtf...350-400 an ounce? that must have been some crazy good weed lol....when i was in hs an ounce of decent stuff was only $200

Depending on how old you are, $200.00 might have been the same as $350 today.

And that's common prices for hydroponics/headies these days. That's $50/eighth with your common bulk discount for the last eighth...

OR SO I'VE HEARD CLAIMED BY VARIOUS DISREPUTABLE ACQUAINTANCES WITH WHOM I HAVE NO DEALINGS. :oshp: