14 dead at dark knight premier

kawi kid

...Another article on the news cycle and the resulting zero data speculation.

http://geekreflection.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-information-skills-for-247-news.html?spref=fb

This describes what I usually refer to as "datum of one". Single sourcing information and using it for purpose. I see people do it all the time. Clueless people, that is.

Its not and never has been the guns, I don't give a shit what people say, its the people. I plan on stocking up on more guns and ammo this weekend.

Stats just don't mean anything to me anymore because everything is bias and reports are all just dependant on who responds, like texting and driving. We ALL do it, yet I bet most respond no we don't, or think we've stopped.

Guns are bad mmmkay, but I want more.

Yup......

I think that's what I said. I didn't go back and check' date=' though. I don't want to distribute false information.[/quote']

It is an oft-repeated nugget of "wisdom", Bad said it in this thread:

I believe if you saw you just didn't see the sign on the door (its happened to me a few times, but never confronted about it) they are supposed to ask you to disarm or leave. If you refuse then that is when it would become an issue and the authorities would be called. I'm not 100% certain and someone will have to correct me if I'm wrong but that would be the decent thing to do in my mind

The best bit is that Hollywood actors, who make a living glorifying gun violence, are the first to demand that guns are banned.

You don't say as long as their in the spot light most could care less :rolleyes:

You don't say as long as their in the spot light most could care less :rolleyes:

Actors and political statements: When you live your life saying exactly what others have told you to say it makes it easier to remember the lines for the popular speeches. :rolleyes:

Several people have posted that even if armed they are not sure they could have taken a shot in the darkness, with gas swirling around, etc; or felt that their shots would be ineffective due to his body armor.

If you are going to carry, you owe it to yourself to carry a quality gun of a fighting caliber in a secure, quality holster. You need to be proficient in the use of that specific gun. If you can't make static head shots at 50 feet with zero misses you'd better not be packing. If you can't reload without looking at the weapon, reload under severe stress, and clear a malfunction without looking, you'd better not be packing. Carry reloads. Carry a small flashlight, even in the daylight... it's useful for all sorts of stuff but especially useful if you have to identify a threat in the dark or engage someone in the dark. Carry a secondary weapon; not necessarially a second gun, but a knife, OC, something to use as a weapon if there is a failure or loss of your gun.

I can't say what I would have done in that exact situation, but I can tell you I would have been carrying a Glock 26, 2 spare mags, a knife, and a flashlight; and I'm capable of making static headshots every time with the G26 at 75 feet. I like to think I'd have had the tools, training, and heart to get the job done and put that fucker down.

I get tired of contacting CCW guys who are carrying a piece of shit Diamondback in a E-bay $12 holster, no training, no rounds fired through the gun, no spare mags, no secondary weapons or light, shaky legal knowledge (as evidenced by the whole "trespass" discussion here); and who think they they are somehow prepared for a life-or-death confrontation with someone.

Every time I leave the house, be it for work or personal stuff, I mentally am gearing up to kill someone, or multiple someones, if I have to. I am secure in my equipment, my training, my legal knowledge, and I have plans in place for various contingencies - including briefing my wife and step-kids on what to do if we encounter extreme violence and I have to go hands on with someone. I don't think that mindset is prevalent enough among the CCW community. It needs to be.

Edited by MeefZah
Spelling
  • Upvote 1

Every time I leave the house, be it for work or personal stuff, I mentally am gearing up to kill someone, or multiple someones, if I have to.

:wtf:

That is the scariest thing I have read on this site for a long time.

Today I carried my .380 Auto and Taser C2 on my person all day. I also have a taclight, CS and other non-lethal weapons where I access and use them.

When I left the house for Bob Evans this morning I mentally prepared myself to eat pancakes.

When I left the house for Bob Evans this morning I mentally prepared myself to eat pancakes.
No soft-serve' date=' here. This guy is as hard as coffin nails.[/quote']

Picking up your sarcasm...

But if you carry and you aren't mentally ready for a confrontation, you may as well not be carrying.

yeah, I can't say I've ever "mentally prepared myself" to kill anyone or anything. I've whacked a couple of dogs in the yard with my long handled hatchet... I dunno where they came from, but they got back there with a headache.

I've known Meef for like six years. I won't spill his beans but there is a reason I would listen to what he has to say that most of you have no clue about. Most the DS riders here know and I doubt they're gonna spill it either. I just wonder how hard Meef laughs at stuff like that. :)

Don't really care much about your man love envy of him

No just respect for the job he does. He is correct though about being mentally prepared. My dad worked as an police officer for a while and he taught me the weight of a gun is not measured in pounds or grams but in the responsibility you bare carrying one.

No just respect for the job he does.

I think you would be simply amazed at the job several on here perform. I don't know him or his job, however if one has to "mentally prepare themselves" then it is not truly in them. There are two on here who's job falls just short of mercenary and it comes natural. Not to take away from your respect for him. This site is made up of a very diverse group and you would simply be amazed at the level some here hold. Most are ones you would never even suspect.

This thread is now dildos.

BTW, the Murderous Heat Miser wasn't wearing body armor (just a nylon "assault vest") unless the company that sold it to him is lying, but I haven't heard anything since the initial reports that contradict that the vest was not armored. He was as vulnerable to bullets as his victims were.

BTW, the Murderous Heat Miser wasn't wearing body armor (just a nylon "assault vest") unless the company that sold it to him is lying, but I haven't heard anything since the initial reports that contradict that the vest was not armored. He was as vulnerable to bullets as his victims were.

What the heck is an assault vest? And would Obama ban if it had bayonet lugs?

Does everything with the word Assault in front of it suddenly become scary and unnecessary for civilians to own? BRB, going to get get into my Assault Subaru and drive to get an Assault Coffee. Then I will use my Assault Computer to earn some Assault Money.

I heard someone say that 100 round mags should be illegal because they hold more ammo than a civilian needs. So, if 100 rounds is more than a civilian needs, would the anti-gunners agree that a 30 round mag is OK?

Edited by Scruit
  • Upvote 1

The trouble with most of you candy asses is you have a conscience and are worried how you would feel if you had to kill someone. You can't think about it in the heat of the moment. If some scumbag threatens my life or the life of anyone around me I will drop the fucker end of story. I will aim for the forehead to end the threat. I will have no remorse. I will not feel sorry for his family. I will not lose a second of sleep.

"Harry put on special tires."

"What's special about them?"

"Nothing in particular."

AR-120229834.jpg

• Upvote 1