14 dead at dark knight premier

kawi kid

No offense, but it's easy to Monday morning quarterback this situation and talk about what could have or should have been done.

I don't blame anyone for being scared and fleeing, especially not when they're suffering the effects of tear gas and still hearing a loud movie soundtrack that also contains gun fire.

The whole scene had to be dark, chaotic, and very confusing.

You posted this as I was typing my next response. I think I covered what you are saying. We are on the same page. Its all about survival and that's it.

And I'm not armchair quarterbacking at all. I'm just pointing out that there is no such thing as a gun free zone when it comes to a criminals mind. Its an easy victim zone to them and that's why they pick them. Its cowardly and like I said when met with resistance more times than not they give up.

Edited by kawi kid

Just not sure how much it would have helped in this situation, it couldn't hurt though

IMO its this mindset that helps enable these criminals to pull off acts such as these. Granted not the only one because I also lump the no gun signs as well as the American's public love for sueing people.

I agree with Kawi, its certainly not a situation to play hero. Upon reading the article I, my first response was if only someone would have been carrying. After I pondered it for a bit, to take a shot in a dark movie theater while suffering exposure to tear gas( those whom have never been exposed can say what they want). I personally don't feel I would have been able to even take a shot out of fear of getting an innocent by stander.

• Upvote 1

What would you do if it wasn't dark' date=' there wasn't tear gas, but the baddie was using a child as a shield while mowing down people? The right answer to this question is the unpopular one.[/quote']

this one tugs at my heart cause kids don't deserve it but if I'm confident enough in my shooting skills I take the shot if one is available to me if it means saving a dozen more lives

It may be a somewhat ignorant thinking on my part but personally if I knew that there was more likelihood to encounter many people carrying or a good chance only 1 or nobody was, then obviously I'm going to take the less risky approach. Whether or not I would play hero doesn't matter, I think the thought of having the possibility of armed law abiding citizens carrying for defense purposes would likely deter some of these shooting sprees. I'm not saying most or that its a cure all, I just think it would indeed help

also guys.....its not like everyone in the place got instantly hit with tear gas. he dropped it on the stage, and it spread to a few people. there was plenty of people that never even got close to the tear gas, let alone inhaled it. PLENTY of coherent people among that crowd, you can tell from their statements given to the media

Another reason I go nowhere unarmed. And it being Colorado I'm surprised nobody had a chloride and attempted to stop him.

I know I never leave home without my clorides :D

10714030-chemist-in-the-lab-experimenting-with-solutions.jpg

on a side note, the thought of "everyone carrying" isn't a deterrant for most of the people who are going on shooting sprees. They are either out of their mind or suicidal in most of the cases anyway, logical probabilities don't come into play, they arent trying to "get away with it"

Edited by magley64

Its an easy victim zone to them and that's why they pick them.

i always hear this, and it kind of makes sense, but i always wonder if its ever been verified, or if its just conjecture.

are there people out there who have been verified as saying the specifically chose to shoot up a spot because of their sign prohibiting CCW? any links or anything?

i always hear this, and it kind of makes sense, but i always wonder if its ever been verified, or if its just conjecture.

are there people out there who have been verified as saying the specifically chose to shoot up a spot because of their sign prohibiting CCW? any links or anything?

Campuses vs gun stores, what's the ratio of shootings lol

on a side note, the thought of "everyone carrying" isn't a deterrant for most of the people who are going on shooting sprees. They are either out of their mind or suicidal in most of the cases anyway, logical probabilities don't come into play, they arent trying to "get away with it"

And they would pay even less attention to a gun law or "Gunbuster" sign on the door. At least with someone carrying there is a chance to do something useful (like kill the bastard).

Campuses vs gun stores, what's the ratio of shootings lol

like i said, it makes sense, but there could be a thousand other reasons too.

my question was is there any actual verified instances someone stating that?

If you unknowingly carry into a private CPZ' date=' it's a civil matter. The theater would have to sue you for damges. The police aren't interested in civil matters. That's what civil court is for. Lots of laws changed lately.

"Unknowingly" is the magic word here.[/quote']

What If you knowingly carry, and it can likely be proved, as you work there everyday? (and would know the rules/no carry zones) Then a massacre like this happens. You are luckily carrying. You save some people, or maybe just scare off the would be killer. It then becomes obvious you are carrying. Still a civil matter?

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

What would you do if it wasn't dark' date=' there wasn't tear gas, but the baddie was using a child as a shield while mowing down people? The right answer to this question is the unpopular one.[/quote']

I honestly am not sure how I personally would react, and I hope I never have to find out.

pop quiz hotshot. you shoot the hostage.

S1qYG.jpg

• Upvote 1

PARIS -- The Paris premiere of the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" was canceled Friday after a gunman killed at least a dozen people at a Colorado opening of the same film.

The event at a movie theater on the French capital's famed Champs-Elysees Avenue was supposed to include director Christopher Nolan and stars like Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.

But on Friday afternoon, workers were pulling down the red carpet display. Some could be seen carrying away a large mask that had adorned the facade of the theater.

Warner Bros. said in a statement that it was also canceling all media interviews in the city. The studio said it was "deeply saddened" by the shooting.

Wow, so sad.. So I have a question. Say that theater didn't allow guns, if you took yours in anyway, not knowing you were going to need it and you had to use it.. How much trouble would you be in if you did take out that crazy fucker? Because obviously you're within your rights to use it. BUT you're not supposed to have it.

Depends on the state. In Ohio as long as it isn't an enumerated zone you could be charged with criminal trespass if asked to leave otherwise it is a civil matter.

Edited by crb