7-28-12 Ride

Kent2406

Ok, let's plan a ride on Sat. This is what I got so far. Taking suggestions, changes, and accept all forms of cash.....

Meet at the Speedway in Millersburg at 8:15 and roll out at 8:30.

*Update* Changed the route a little.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=207116281520689391756.0004c5a8eb3500ea5868e&msa=0&ll=40.162083,-81.359253&spn=1.687579,3.56781

Edited by Kent2406

it looks like a good route have rode them roads wish I coud ride saturday but working buy seneca lake saturday then heading to my fishing shack near beverly after work thank I will put bike in tool trailer & ride some of them roads sunday

the roads 93 and 555 is not in best of its condition currently if i remember right. I was trying to plot a route up in this direction and asked help from Denny, and he pmed me this amazing list of roads. Some of these roads are newly paved and we shouldnt miss them while its good.

Nivin,

I've been looking at some maps and came up with a few suggestions.

First off,here's a list of what I consider some of the best roads in seo...

669 newly paved

691 np

339 np last year

800 fly to 255 np last year

555 7 to chesterhill

255 closed for 60 days from 7/9

374 np last year

Dalzell Rd(wash CR11) np 2 years ago

78 ringgold to glouster

147 belmont to bellaire a little rough

Kreashbaum Rd np,hocking hills,short

Big Pine Rd 664 to 374,hocking hills

Keeping those roads in mind and considering present pavement conditions,here are the two best routes in my opinion...

Format...turn,route,direction

1) From Cambridge I70 ex 178 (SR209)

209 S(E)

R 660 S

R 313 W

R 146 W

L Salt Creek Dr S 2 miles from 146

L 60 S less than 1 mile

R across bridge

L Front st becomes old river rd

old river road S

L cross bridge at Gaysport

S 376 S

R 60 N at McConnelsville

L 78 W '' '' (cross bridge)

R 669 W(N)

L 555 S at deavertown a little rough

R 78 W at ringgold

L 13 S at glouster

R 685 W

L 78 W at buchtell

L 33 S(E) at nelsonville

R 691 S '' ''

R 56 W 1 mile

L 356 S

357 T's into 50,turn around and ride the route in reverse order.

This a great route featuring 3 very twisty newly paved routes...685,669 and 691.Although they are not newly paved 356,376 and this section of 78 are excellent roads.

Route 2)From Caldwell at I77

78 W

L 83 S

L 60 S

L 339 E(N) at beverly

R 821 S

R 530 W at werner

L 60 S at lowell

L 821 N

R Dalzell Rd (CR11) E(N)

L 565 W

R 145 E(N)

L 260 N

L 78 W back to caldwell

Highlights on this route include recently paved 339,extremely twisty 530 and hilltop meandering Dalzell Rd...very fun!If it wasn't for time constraints I would suggest turning right on 565 which would take you over to 260 south,537,26and 255...a great loop of it's own.

The only problem with these routes is that they will be pushing your time limits when you include your time getting to the start points.The first ride is probably 5-6 hours and the second is about 2 1/2 hours...but I gaurantee they will be worth it,especially the first one.The section that puts 376,669,685,691 and 356 back to back is twisty riding nirvana!

how about this route? this gives us a chance to ride, 669 and 78 which are prety much in very good condition

edit: 26 was in bad condition couple of weeks back when we rode it

Edited by NinjaDoc

Well, it looks like a 30% chance of thunderstorms for tomorrow. Plus I really need to change front struts on my car, so I think I will do that tomorrow and ride on Sunday. Also, I think I'm pretty set on doing my route, so I'll probably just do it solo. I'm not worried about a few rough roads, just adds a little excitement to the ride.

Sorry to barge in on your plans. Since you said you were open to suggestions that why kept putting this up here. I am personally scared of them broken pavements that's why. Sorry again kent. Plus I wanted to ride 669 since its brand new pavement and every ones been praising that road.

And your right good chance of rain, but nothing major it seems. Temps gonna be just 80 max which is wonderful. Will keep options of ride open until the end.

Hey, you know what, you are right. And after looking at your route a little better, I'm thinking that may be better for my first big ride of the season anyway. Plus, I haven't really tested the longevity in my arms strength yet. I've pretty much just ridden to and from work, so far this year.

So let's keep an eye on the weather and we'll see how it looks tomorrow. What time were you thinking of meeting up? And if tomorrow is a no go, how about Sunday?

I was planning on doing this ride, but I got the parts needed to fix up the tiger from a crash a couple weeks ago. The only way I could do the Saturday ride is if it got pushed back. I am up for a Sunday though if that happens. I'll check back.

Which route? I like ninja docs route... But taking 60-541-79 into Newark to 668.... I'm planning on meeting you guys around killbuck depending on the route.... I'll be 2 up be usually don't have much of a problem keeping pace.

Haha Doc! Just watched the DreamRide video again! Lol! You start planning for this year yet? I'll definitely make it this year!

By the way, tomorrow sounds good. If it rains, won't be the first time we've gotten wet.

As of now just three of us, hope it stays dry. Will be a long haul for me to ride in wet conditions lol

Mykill we can meet up in kb then,

Kent I wish We could, prolly in cochocton area and kawi kid can be host, hutch or drc Etc can come up with good route, and it will be fun. Learned many mistakes from last time and it can be corrected lol

Edited by NinjaDoc

Ill be where 60 and 62 meet south of Killbuck. There is a little pull of where I can wait for you guys. It is about 50 minutes from Bolivar..

You guys leave at 8:30 puts you there at about 9:20. Ill try to be there at 9:10. Ill fall in line.

Hoping maybe some of you will decide to ride Sunday. I got the wrong plastic piece to cover the gas tank and will have to return it to the dealer tomorrow. :(

I'll check back tomorrow evening see if anyone is up for Sunday.