Looks like I'm done...

ScubaCinci

Found out today I have a 50% tear in my Achilles...will have surgery early Sept. I'll be off of my feet or severely restricted on activity for the next 4-6 months. At least it'll be in the winter and not prime riding season. :rolleyes:

Bummer, and a new bike to taunt you while you heal, too. Brutal.

I know!!! I'm riding that bitch this weekend, prolly like a sissy though. I'm still going to BVI to go diving at the end of August so at least I could plan around that and my trip to Denver in just over a week as well. :D

That sucks. Best of luck on the surgery and hope for a quick and complete rehab. Rehab sucks. had microfracture surgery on the left knee a couple years back. Spent 9 months in rehab for that.

I ruptured mine just slightly more than a year ago playing racquetball. Still not 100% recovered. 4 months in casts (2 months each).

Good luck and play it smart with recovery. I can't imagine riding would worsen it unless you crash.

Chris

I can't imagine riding would worsen it unless you crash.

Thanks...not looking forward to it but no other way around it if I actually want to be able to be active again. Basically he said I could not have the surgery but it really won't heal on it's own and develop scar tissue that will continue to cause pain. Plus the added chance that it snaps altogether. No thanks.

Riding on the street won't bother it (my right foot) but on the dirt bike (just purchased) you tend to do things that stress the calf/achilles. I have MX boots which are pretty stiff so we'll see how much I can do without feeling pain - I'm able to walk mostly ok today. I'm out of town most of Aug so this probably the only weekend I'll be able to get out and ride.

I have had issues with both of my achilles since developing severe crepitus in them both during SFAS (Special Forces Assessment and Selection) back in 1992. The damage I did to my right great toe has also caught up to me in the form of osteoarthritis.

My left achilles has been bothering me here lately but I couldn't tell you if it has a tear in it or not - it is just tender.

I have had issues with both of my achilles since developing severe crepitus in them both during SFAS (Special Forces Assessment and Selection) back in 1992. The damage I did to my right great toe has also caught up to me in the form of osteoarthritis.

My left achilles has been bothering me here lately but I couldn't tell you if it has a tear in it or not - it is just tender.

Probably tendonitis. Keep it stretched, take some anti-inflammatories (i.e. Advil, etc) and rest it. If you go to the doc, that's what they'll tell you along with a prescription for therapy.

Speaking of therapy, the place I went has about 10 PT's. Nearly all of them are hot chicks. One guy working there and that's who I get :wtf: WTF?