What's there to see in Cleveland?

FZ'n it

...Some other very notable snubs.......Journey isn’t in the hall. Neither is Jethro Tull, Boston, Bon Jovi, the Cars, ELO, the Steve Miller Band or Stevie Ray Vaughn. Lets add Kansas, and Styx, and Ted Nugent, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and Motorhead — not one has been elected to the hall. Get the picture? FUCK THAT PLACE!...

From what I read, most of the notable progressive rock is completely ignored.

And what planet thinks rap is rock?

edit: who the heck would leave out Def Leppard?

First off.... it should consist almost entirely of Rock and Roll bands "and the likes" not pop music stars and jokes like Neil Diamond, Madonna, Abba and countless others...

Kiss and Rush, Journey ,Jethro Tull, Boston, Bon Jovi, the Cars, ELO, the Steve Miller Band or Stevie Ray Vaughn,Kansas,Styx,,Ted Nugent, Iron Maiden, Deep Purple, Judas Priest, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, and Motorhead — not one has been elected to the hall.

Ok, lets be honest - all the bands you listed are pop groups. They did little or nothing to advance or improve Rock n Roll. They were, just popular and really don't meet the criteria of the Hall of Fame.

Kiss just jumped on the glam rock train long after it was defined by T-Rex and Bowie. Ted Nugent was a spawn of the southern rock movement founded by the Allman Bros. and Skynyrd. All the metal bands you list are just a further extension of Zep and Sabbath. SRV had some merit and came along on the blues/rock crossover bands that got their kick off from Robert Cray. Though, those really didn't move rock further so much as they are just recycled versions of Albert King, Freddie King and Luther Allison.

CARS, really?? total pop bs bubble gum band for high school girls in the 80s along with Boston, Styx and Queen.

Some of the bands that are in shouldn't be (Police, Genesis, GNR) there at this time but they do have quite a few of good inductees.

Ok, lets be honest - all the bands you listed are pop groups. They did little or nothing to advance or improve Rock n Roll. They were, just popular and really don't meet the criteria of the Hall of Fame.

Kiss just jumped on the glam rock train long after it was defined by T-Rex and Bowie. Ted Nugent was a spawn of the southern rock movement founded by the Allman Bros. and Skynyrd. All the metal bands you list are just a further extension of Zep and Sabbath. SRV had some merit and came along on the blues/rock crossover bands that got their kick off from Robert Cray. Though, those really didn't move rock further so much as they are just recycled versions of Albert King, Freddie King and Luther Allison.

CARS, really?? total pop bs bubble gum band for high school girls in the 80s along with Boston, Styx and Queen.

Some of the bands that are in shouldn't be (Police, Genesis, GNR) there at this time but they do have quite a few of good inductees.

Holy shit.....what planet have you been living on?:wtf:

Are you and the girl fatties? You might like Melt.

I've never been, but I've heard it's full of delicious buttery greasy heart-attack inducing sammiches. Assuming you can get in.

how the hell have YOU not been there? Of all the stories I've heard with your mass consumption of foods I figured you would have had it by now and tried to eaten 2 in one sitting

:lol:

the main ingredient of this thing is bacon and bacon flavored cream cheese/mayo

IMG_20120208_115549.jpg

I wish they would bring that back. Best $17 sandwich I've ever had

Tourism guides

I don't care if it's a repost, it's applicable.

Wow! These really make me wanna go there now! LMAO!! Lot's of good suggestions from everyone. I think we'll check out the R&R Hall of Fame cuz she's all into hard rock and stuff. And breweries are my thing so that's a definite! Not sure if I'm gonna go to the fatty place though, LOL!

Goto Great Lakes for dinner and a brew then head across the street to MArket Garden as they have excellent beers as well

market garden has gotten a lot better. I went when they first opened, and their house brews were underwhelming at best. Everything tasted too... conservative. Like they made a beer no one would hate, but very few people would love either... For what it cost, I wasn't impressed.

I still think the variety and overall quality of beers is better at Great Lakes Brewery, but I was dragged back to Market Garden last month, and their house brews had doubled in number, and the offering was MUCH more worth the price. I think they're still about a dollar a glass more than GLBC, and not quite as good, but much much better.

If the beer cellar is open at GLBC, that or the patio are the best places to hang out. Just decide if you want to be hot or cool. Then again, I am super biased because I went to high school with one of the bartenders who is usually in the cellar, and i pay for about half of what I drink when she's working. :D

$17 for that? Wow, that just reinforces why I don't go there. Matt Fish must be laughing at his customers almost as much as I am.

Fuck Melt!

His picture actually looked pretty weak. To buy everything to make the sandwich at home was $13 and that's not including fries or coleslaw so it's really not an awful deal IMO

I agree with your sentiments they have gotten way better this last time I went. Is the bartender Leigh?

yeah, I actually graduated with her brother, but she saw my name on my card and said, "you worked with my cousin Sean!" That's also true, but I had long forgotten they were cousins.

A couple of friends and I used to go to GLBC every friday for lunch in the summer, and then just not leave until the dinner crowd showed up. That's how I used my vacation time before I was dating my wife. haha.

Anyway, Leigh knew who we were from high school, but then hanging out for 5 or 6 hours every week got us to the point where she'd forget to put a few beers on our tab, and will occasionally bring us Christmas Ale during Browns tailgates before it's officially on sale. The employees get the bottles where the labels are crooked, or the bottle isn't full enough, etc.

Sweet gig. I haven't seen here there lately, but I hope she's still working.