Short video of first track day

NinjaDoc

Yesterday at PIRC i had my track day, awesome experience. Thx to all the staff and other racers that helped out esp Jinu

Made a very short video from the minimal footage i shot. Spent most days in class and on bike hence could not shoot what i had in mind. May be some other time. The on board footage is next to none since it will be boring for you guys to see me "put putting" around track in a snail pace. I promise next video will be even better if at all i make it back to the tracks. There were many beautiful people and machines there at track and since it was my first day didnt get around to meet and record them. Next time for sure. any ways enuf of the blabbering. Wish i had access to shoot some clips of people carving up corners which is the most beautiful thing from a track day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDpmcCcsJxs

259a38e9.jpg

5a4d5979.jpg

a7d86632.jpg

1f2cc4f5.jpg

Edited by NinjaDoc

Any video, pics, of turn one and two of the Intermediate group Doc?

I want to see my shitty body position on the SV...

sorry link , :( nothing from the tracks since i dont have nay access or angle to get good views from spectator stands

Thank you guys, wish there was some access to record corners at least for one video

Couple more novice classes will definitely help with problem areas, may be Nelson ledges will help to overcome my fear of broken roads

Edited by NinjaDoc

very cool! I am looking forward to doing my first track day soon. How much time did you spend on the bike?
u mean to prep? or buying the bike? this is my street vfr, just blue tapped it thats all ...2$ :D i just wanted to learn to be comfy with corners thats all, i did not even rip it open in the straights.

I think Oldschool was meaning how much tracktime did you get to spend "on the bike"? Am I right brandt?

I think Novice class riders typically get several 20 minute sessions with mandantory breaks taken between as well as a lunch break. What group held this trackday? Motoseries?

*edit* Motoseries, saw the vid title

As always Doc, nice editing/production work. I would love to get one in with you next year to be part of the sweet video action

Edited by Hellmutt
found it, duuuuh

Very glad you had a good time. You flung that vfr around pretty well. You should definitely come out at least a couple more times and next time, maybe don't worry about your straight line speed too much. Acceleration and braking is just as big a part of riding as is cornering.

It was good to have you come along, hope to see you again soon

I think Oldschool was meaning how much tracktime did you get to spend "on the bike"? Am I right brandt?

I think Novice class riders typically get several 20 minute sessions with mandantory breaks taken between as well as a lunch break. What group held this trackday? Motoseries?

*edit* Motoseries, saw the vid title

As always Doc, nice editing/production work. I would love to get one in with you next year to be part of the sweet video action

7 20min sessions.

thx guys, yea need to do some more get more used to taking the corners easy, definitely feel very comfortable now. But i am sure about one thing, not going to try to go up to intermediate advanced etc. Just want to stick to the streets.

my bad old school, u get 7 20 min session like blue said, very good experience.

Very glad you had a good time. You flung that vfr around pretty well. You should definitely come out at least a couple more times and next time, maybe don't worry about your straight line speed too much. Acceleration and braking is just as big a part of riding as is cornering.

It was good to have you come along, hope to see you again soon

yea am scared to carry my speed to the corner, i slow down too early when approaching a turn i guess.

had a good time flinging heavy to me vfr around, since it was clockwise track the right side of the tire got chewed up :( hope it wont cause much problem on track

5a4d5979.jpg

went to ride the streets today after my first track day. Maaan, for sure that session made a lot of difference. I was no longer apprehensive about some problem left handers and some other random stuff. I was more confident as i knew my bike could handle if needed to push it harder. I was not afraid to lean into the curve and many many other positives which i cannot describe in words.

I never thought this much improvement could be gained from one session, definitely want to do couple more novice days to keep improving. I think its the repetitive tackling curves that helps develop sort of muscle memory. I suggest hitting the streets as soon you done with a track day to feel the difference. So if becoming better on street is ur aim definitely few track days, no need to go intermediate etc just go do it

blue, u think the rebound is more ? keith stone suggest something to make my ride smooth :D