there isnt one bike that will do everything

Hoblick

Bingo!

I would probably turn better lap times on my multi just because i have ridden it more.

Id love to ride the multi on the track and may one day, but if i laid it down on the track id kick myself

THIS... you don't push your street bike on the track, unless you just don't care about it... learned that from koz

Metric bikes are hard to beat I have a FZ6 which I love. But my Tiger has more personality and more over the triple runs strong in any gear at any RPM. Lots of fun to ride. If you have never tried one you should.

I am really digging the Gladius as an all around bike. The 650 motor is fantastic for street duty. It's a great commuter, comfortable enough for trips, has hardbags, and with suspension mods it handles as well as some sport bikes.

KTM SMT = one bike garage.

Touring, twisties, commuting and fire roads are all well within the bikes comfort zone. Change the tires (as some have done) and the bike will go a lot further off road. Track days would be no problem as the WP suspension is quite good and easy to adjust into sport mode.

Not much to look at but one heck of a fun bike to ride. Double bonus, tool kit comes with a bottle opener!!!

Edited by Revelstoker

This Ninja 650 I bought is one set of emulators and a custom rear shock away from being my ideal bike I think. I really enjoy riding it and the 650 Ptwin is a great street engine. I can't imagine what a nice bike the Ninja 1000 must be.

The TW200 rocks as long as you're under 6 ft tall. :D

+1

though I still want one, probably because thats what I took my MSF class on and was the first motorcycle I ever rode. :)

My Vstrom does everything I need it to do, but that doesn't mean I don't lust after others. :D

Craig

I've been thrilled with my SV for what I do. I have saddle bags so it's my car from April-November, I ride 2-up all the time, it handles, starts, and stops. I liked it so much I bought a second one for the track.

It's not perfect but I sure have a lot of fun on it, and that's all that matters.

The TW200 rocks as long as you're under 6 ft tall. :D

i'm relatively midget sized, so it is fantastic for me. i still miss the scooter i replaced it with. i may pick up another scooter in the not too distant future.

You have angered the scooter gods by your disrespect and shall be cursed for displeasing them. Rumor has it that it will be a lifetime of awkward unfulfilling sexual encounters utilizing a small member. Repent the blasphemy so that maybe they will have mercy on your soul, go forth to never repeat the Judas behavior and forever recognize the awesomeness that is scooter.

You have angered the scooter gods by your disrespect and shall be cursed for displeasing them. Rumor has it that it will be a lifetime of awkward unfulfilling sexual encounters utilizing a small member. Repent the blasphemy so that maybe they will have mercy on your soul, go forth to never repeat the Judas behavior and forever recognize the awesomeness that is scooter.

apparently, i have angered the scooter gods a long time ago. thanks for the hurtful feelings, jerk!!!1!1!

if you know what the tw200 is like, you would know it is very much like a scooter, just more shifting and less ghey-as-fuck. but i miss the goofy ghey-as-fuck fun factor, so i'll probably end up getting another one anyway. maybe i'll get that crazy aprilia one so i can chuck that fucker off a cliff too

• 1 year later...

LoL... how many of us still have the bikes we talked about in this buried thread?

i never replied in this thread but i am on my 3rd bike since the first post was made. But i have learned that as of today my c14 is the best "do everything" bike for me. It does not do everything for everyone, but it does do everything that i want to do. 

Ummm have you ever ridden one? Maybe not as fast as a full blown sport bike but id put it up against almost anything else. It handles the twisties suprisingley well for the big heavy bitch she is.

I assure you it can and will run with many sportbikes, add a full system, pull the flies, add a PCV.......it will REALLY run. And you can still go run an ironbutt too, ;)

Edited by Pokey

Ummm have you ever ridden one? Maybe not as fast as a full blown sport bike but id put it up against almost anything else. It handles the twisties suprisingley well for the big heavy bitch she is.

A stock C14 runs mid 10s in the 1/4 mile. Not bad for a sport touring bike. I have a Guhl re-flash that opens the butterflies all the time. On a number of occasions, the front end has come up off the ground without using the clutch in first gear. It happens when the pavement is not real even and I have WOT. It is no ZX14,but it will keep up with most bikes. It is all day comfortable. It is by far the best all round bike I have ever owned.