Thinking about getting a new bike...

Limitedslip7

Best to just go out and test ride the different bikes that interest you, then come back and ask some here about the pro's and con's of those you prefer. Of the sportbikes I have see, Yamaha makes a couple that look good as does Ducati.

Best to just go out and test ride the different bikes that interest you, then come back and ask some here about the pro's and con's of those you prefer. Of the sportbikes I have see, Yamaha makes a couple that look good as does Ducati.

basically this except do what I used to do:

step 1) find a smoking deal

step 2) ride it and determine if you like it

step 3a) like it? keep it!

step 3b) don't like it? Flip it for more than you paid or at very least break even

KTM RC8R

Adjustable ergos for the street (pegs, subframe, bars) and good for track days. Too aggressive, go with SuperDuke or SMR.

"Ergonomically speaking, the KTM is more adjustable than an Aeron chair. Clip-on bars provide a few inches of vertical variation, and the footpegs offer high and low positions as well. The brake and shift lever toe pieces are three-position adjustable, and the hydraulic clutch and front brake levers offer five settings. The RC8's saddle is very supportive and, with the footpegs set low and the handlebars raised high, the bike provides a level of comfort superior to any competitive sportbike." http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/features/122_0811_ducati_1098_vs_ktm_rc8_1190/viewall.html

Edited by Revelstoker

Keep the r6, and make it comfier! I just put on progrip 714s like I used to have on the 650, and they alone make my rides better. For $10.

Maybe I'm not as crazy as you, but I've never felt the "need" to rev it to the limiter... it goes pretty quick...