Thank you mellodude!

RSparky

We got er done. The day started with me going to Hilliard and getting Hoblick to put some Road 2 on. Love them already. Got back to Lebanon, called mellodude, and he helped me to replace my swing arm.

We ran into some trouble when we realized the chain has to be cut too. But, a trip to Middletown Cycle, and Harbor Freight got us to near where we needed to be. HF had a chain breaker, but not a riveter. Then, the dam pivot shaft adjuster nut confused me. But in all reality, there was no reason to mess with it. I just gently tapped the pivot shaft out. Cleaned and greased things as we went, used the torque wrench wherever possible. Finally got it all buttoned up except for the chain. But, we decided to go the redneck route in lieu of any other options. Hammer, punches, and even a ball peen.

It held for the ride home, so we'll see. I'm happy.

Thanks again mellodude. :)

Not a problem, I enjoyed the "wrenching" for a day. Went pretty smooth considering not tearing down an R6 before....

--Quick thoughts - hot list - Change the rubber chain guard (#9) asap, as well as get a 3/8 to 1/2 adaptor and verify the swingarm and axle torques. Set chain pins with a "real" tool too. And do soon, the new boot for the rear caliper pin.

http://www.powersportsplus.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2005/YZF-R6+-+YZFR6T/REAR+ARM/parts.html

:cool:

Edited by mello dude

just an update:

Got everything in the mail, and put it on today. I was iffy about doing the link, but it held. Looks good. The new chain guard had so much material, I didn't expect it. The old one was worn way too far. Used some extra grease from the master, on the caliper pin boot. It was a pain to get the pin threaded, but I got it in. the lever feels more squishy than before though, so I'm gong to check it tomorrow.

Anywho, feels good to knock things off the list.