Browns

Brownsfan1

you going to the cinci game next week? You'll be fine as the stadium will be mostly Browns fans anyway. As you know the amount of actual Bungles fans can't fill the stadium :D

Yep, I'll be there. Praying to god they start Colt McCoy. And you're probably right, they can't even fill that place when a playoff berth is on the line. What a joke.

I really wanted to go and make a weekend of it since its been forever to hang out with all my college buddies but timing just blows and too much shit going on

I also screwed up and thought they played in cinci in october :lol:

Typical Browns this Sunday. Have the lead, defense finally breaks, give up lead, have time for last minute drive to win, and quarterback throws pick to end the game.

I think they really did Weeden a diservice by not letting him play more in the preseason. Also, as someone else said not going for 2 on the defensive touchdown was not smart. I think this game may have set Weeden back in his developement. It was obvious he was overwhelmed and didn't have it. They should have let Mccoy come out for the last series instead of letting Weeden embarass himself further.

Typical Browns this Sunday. Have the lead, defense finally breaks, give up lead, have time for last minute drive to win, and quarterback throws pick to end the game.

I think they really did Weeden a diservice by not letting him play more in the preseason. Also, as someone else said not going for 2 on the defensive touchdown was not smart. I think this game may have set Weeden back in his developement. It was obvious he was overwhelmed and didn't have it. They should have let Mccoy come out for the last series instead of letting Weeden embarass himself further.

Agreed. The playcalling was, once again, atrocious. It's like Shurmur doesn't even know his own offense. I thought they were supposed to be running the west coast? To me, that would be short throws, timing patterns, screens, etc. But instead they keep pushing the ball down the field with a QB who obviously isn't ready, and challenging two veteran corners in Asomugah and Rogers-Cromartie. Un-fucking-real.

I am still wondering why Weeden didn't play in the last preseason game. He's obviously not ready. Why not get him as many snaps a possible before they count for real???

Starting a rookie QB behind a weak offensive line (except for JT) is going to be a problem.

I am still wondering why Weeden didn't play in the last preseason game. He's obviously not ready. Why not get him as many snaps a possible before they count for real???

Starting a rookie QB behind a weak offensive line (except for JT) is going to be a problem.

Alex Mack is solid to. JT is the only jersey I have purchased since the Browns have been back.

Best play of the game by far was when Richardson lowered the boom on Kurt Coleman. Once again though, a guy who could be a star looking mediocre because of a poorly ran and talentless offense.

I agree 100% with Weeden being dumb challening the veteran corners. At least if you are going to do it, don't underthrow them by like 5 yards. On a few of those interceptions the receivers hung Weeden out to dry to though. They have to realize when a ball is not catchable and turn into a defensive player stopping the corners from picking it off.

Also, as someone else said not going for 2 on the defensive touchdown was not smart.

I thought a 2pt try was the obvious choice at 15-10, then I realized that I had no faith in the offense either. Then I started daydreaming about just leaving the defense on the field to take the snaps and how that could possibly work out. :confused:

I agree 100% with Weeden being dumb challening the veteran corners. At least if you are going to do it, don't underthrow them by like 5 yards. On a few of those interceptions the receivers hung Weeden out to dry to though. They have to realize when a ball is not catchable and turn into a defensive player stopping the corners from picking it off.

Exactly, can't give them that chance to pick it off. And btw, why the fuck was Travis Benjamin on the outside instead of the slot? Those DB's had like 6 inches on him...

We could go on and on all day with all the things wrong with the Browns. I just don't understand why I continue to waste 3 hours of my life on Sunday watching them only to be dissapointed. They have to be the most boring team to watch in the NFL. Even when they win it is like 10 to 6 and the offense has no touchdowns. I guess we all just hold on to that hope that they will progress and one day show us something.

Edited by jayjie15

We could go on and on all day with all the things wrong with the Browns. I just don't understand why I continue to waste 3 hours of my life on Sunday watching them only to be dissapointed. They have to be the most boring team to watch in the NFL. Even when they win it is like 10 to 6 and the offense has no touchdowns. I guess we all just hold on to that hope that they will progress and one day show us something.

I ask myself this question frequently

I have faith that Weeden will be able to sling the rock a little against the Bengals and get his first NFL touchdown. I also think that Richardson will get some holes to run through finally and have a good game. I am going to turn the tv off if I have to watch him run up the middle while running into the backs of his lineman and gaining 2yds. Although I know it is just going to come down to the wire and I will be sad around 3:30pm like usual.

Being a browns fan is like being in love with a hot girlfriend thats a raging slut. You hope one day things will be different, but you get disappointed pretty much every weekend.

My father used to tell me when I was a kid "Son, if the Browns were my girlfriend, I'd have left that bitch a long time ago." He's still a fan to this day.

My father used to tell me when I was a kid "Son, if the Browns were my girlfriend, I'd have left that bitch a long time ago." He's still a fan to this day.

My dad had me at a browns game when I was 10yrs old and I'll never forget what one of the fans a couple of rows down said to my dad "I should call child services on you for exposing that kid to this shit."