Browns

Brownsfan1

and boy was it glorious! My favorite thing about football season is when the Browns beat the Bengals...its so much fun when all my friends are up here but its even sweeter when its just 3-4 of us Browns fans in Cinci. We have been to known to obnoxiously run up and down the streets yelling We Dey and taunting the hell out of all of the people we know down there

I would say it is almost as glorious as being an OSU fan and busting on your friends who love Michigan.

True...what is everyone's feelings for this Sunday? I think Indys D is not good at all, and Trich should be able to run all over them. Weeden should be able to have a solid game as well. I'm kind of worried that the Browns will play to their competition though.

because I'm a constant negative nancy when it comes to Cleveland sports, they will find a way to give us up and blow it in the end :D

I can see them splitting more carries Hardesty's way simply to protect the injury to Richardson and his longevitiy over the course of the season. Josh Gordon should be able to get open on their secondary and hopefully be a playmaker again this week but since I now have him on 2 of my fantasy teams he will probably disappear. Weeden should throw for 280 with a touchdown and a pick. The defense should come up with at least 2 turnovers as well

because I'm a constant negative nancy when it comes to Cleveland sports, they will find a way to give us up and blow it in the end :D

I think I was the only one last week that had faith they would/could win. Everyone else was talking blowout. I guess expect the worst that way when they win it will be even sweeter.

I think I was the only one last week that had faith they would/could win. Everyone else was talking blowout.

It was the closest spread in the NFL at -1.

P.S. It's the PIT/CIN game this week (-1.5). Hope the Bengals can do it to Pittsburgh.

Edited by brn6604

True...what is everyone's feelings for this Sunday? I think Indys D is not good at all, and Trich should be able to run all over them. Weeden should be able to have a solid game as well. I'm kind of worried that the Browns will play to their competition though.

I think that we should beat Indy s long as we can keep Andrew Luck out of the game.

I think I was the only one last week that had faith they would/could win. Everyone else was talking blowout. I guess expect the worst that way when they win it will be even sweeter.

That is the philosophy that I have taken on this season expect the worst, then when they win it is that much sweeter.

Brandon Weeden > Andrew Luck, Comp% 55.8 vs 53.4, Yards 1519 vs 1488 - Luck has a better Qbr though, probably because of the int's from Weeden. None the less, as highly sought after as Luck was it is pretty funny how he compares to Weeden. I would go as far as saying that having Reggie Wayne on your team helps Luck way more as well.

apparently the latest whispers is that the new owner wants to try and entice Nick Saban back to Cleveland. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that will NEVER happen but damn would I love that. The Browns having a smash mouth defense once again with a pound it out run attack would do greatly under Saban. His failure in Miami aside due to the lesser position I think he took in regards to future of that franchise and his philosophy

apparently the latest whispers is that the new owner wants to try and entice Nick Saban back to Cleveland. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that will NEVER happen but damn would I love that. The Browns having a smash mouth defense once again with a pound it out run attack would do greatly under Saban. His failure in Miami aside due to the lesser position I think he took in regards to future of that franchise and his philosophy

That would be awesome if Nick Saban came back. I agree though that the odds of him coming back are slim to none.

If they switch coaches I don't care who it is as long as they are a winner. I don't want anymore OC's or DC's with no head coaching experience. I would even be leary of hiring another college coach even if they are succesful. I would rather see John Gruden over Saban. There are some rumblings about Bill Cower but he will want to be GM to as well and I don't want that to happen. Mike Tomlin type guys don't happen all the time.

I don't understand the love affair with Gruden either. We need a head coach like Cower. I don't know about him being a GM, but a head coach hell yeah. He has the experience as a winning head coach and that is what our team needs.

They are also talking Dungey as well but I doubt he will leave his roll on ESPN. Plus, I think he is way over rated anyways. Honestly, the last few games there hasn't been many Shurmur called plays where I am like "WTF is he thinking". They are actually making adjustments at half time which is something we haven't scene in a long time. If they win a few games and continue to improve I say give Shurmur another year.

I am sure that has something to do with it. Last year they couldn't even manage the clock or their timeouts and that doesn't seem to be an issue this year. Maybe Shurmur realized he has to much on his plate and finally started delegating some responsiblity.