doing the unthinkable......

Steve Butters

Picking up a bike tomorrow morning if all goes as planned

But it's not a yamaha :(

It's a Honda lol

Wasn't looking for a vfr, but it popped up... Tires are good, new chain and sprocket, valves have been adjusted

It's an 04 vfr 800 ivtec... 23k miles

Getting a decent deal I think, so going to jump on it... Thoughts?

Pics tomorrow hopefully

if its under 4k its a pretty decent deal

and god damnit another freaking VFR around here? Make sure you find out about the r/r, stator and wire harness maintenance on it. If it hasn't been done it will need to stat so bargain more cause thats at least $500 in work

VFR is one of my favorites. Just don't pitch a bitch when the charging system gives you fits. Keep it on a tender when you aren't riding it and plan on replacing the stator/reg-rec if it hasn't been done' date=' already. [/quote']

^^^this fucking guy

I love this bike but is it so much to ask that if I don't ride it for 2 weeks it just start the next time I want to use it :cry:

He said po did electrical upgrades... Not sure what all he meant... And he told me 3700 and says it's minty condition

definitely ask what "all" means. As long as its r/r and stator then I wouldn't beat him up since thats a good price. If there are the typical wire harness mods consider that a bonus but its easy to do yourself and under $100 I believe

I live alone lol... Thanks though... And I'm not going to tell her so it's cool lol

Need to find someone close to me who has a garage I can store it in though.... Stupid second floor apartment... Guess I'll go put myself on the waiting list for a garage a this complex... But I have an idea of someone... Keep it at my mom's until then

lol im slow....i was slow from the vmax, and on top of that im rusty now too....i probably wont do many group rides until i get a few thousand miles of solo time to feel it out....ive never ridden a sport bike besides a lbts 96 gixxar

the only mod i have planned for the bike currently is an HID kit....anyone got a link to one? i want both headlights on all the time, if that matters...not the one and one crap...im sure it gets old hearing "one of your headlights is out" lol

would i just get this one

http://www.coremoto.com/HONDA_HID_CONVERSION_KIT_p/hid%20kit%2045.htm

and install the bulbs into the low and high beam side, and then run with the high beam switch engaged?

Edited by Steve Butters

lol im slow....i was slow from the vmax, and on top of that im rusty now too....i probably wont do many group rides until i get a few thousand miles of solo time to feel it out....ive never ridden a sport bike besides a lbts 96 gixxar

the only mod i have planned for the bike currently is an HID kit....anyone got a link to one? i want both headlights on all the time, if that matters...not the one and one crap...im sure it gets old hearing "one of your headlights is out" lol

would i just get this one

http://www.coremoto.com/HONDA_HID_CONVERSION_KIT_p/hid%20kit%2045.htm

and install the bulbs into the low and high beam side, and then run with the high beam switch engaged?

well the good news for you is the VFR low beams are both on all the time, unlike a cbr that only has 1. I highly suggest checking out this site for all electrical needs as that is where I've gotten several things:

http://www.wiremybike.com/

you know how to find me, I know a decent amount about VFR's so just ask. I was going to do the HID conversion when I tore it down for paint but I ride in the dark so little that I didn't feel like spending the money on it

im so out of the loop....ill try to find whatever yall are talking about on oct 6th....i have a feeling im about to be very very lonely :( lol....ill be at every OR function i can make it to in order to keep busy and keep my mind right

talking about this, http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=97435 and dont worry about speed. ton of us slow speed riders

well the good news for you is the VFR low beams are both on all the time, unlike a cbr that only has 1. I highly suggest checking out this site for all electrical needs as that is where I've gotten several things:

http://www.wiremybike.com/

Damnit... I thought I already had all the great vfr links. :rolleyes: This ones awesome.

Definitely come to the Dream Ride! and post a pic of the new viffer soon! Congrats!