Mid O September 17

donkason

It was a packed house today and lots of fun. It was slick as ice early with brand new Michelin sneakers on the 750 with a cold track.

Shout out to Longdoracing for giving me a tow and helping me learn how to pass safely. I always learn a ton from coaches that love what they do. It was still an ego shot watching him turn around to keep an eye on me while I was going flat out. Then I got to work on some passing drills with my buddy Mike.

Very few riders went down and that makes my day. Good luck tomorrow for those riding. It looks like rain tapers off in the afternoon. It was a blast seeing everybody and a shout out to all the coaches that help get us there.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Gave the first session the finger after sliding around the first 4 laps...went back to pit to drink more coffee. Grip got much better after that.

Rolled through hot-pit more times today than I think I ever have. Got in one cluster this afternoon that ended up 7 or 8 riders going 3-lines-wide through Turn One (felt like rush hour traffic for a few seconds). Very few crashes, though, and a good day all-in-all.

I was there with camera and video, from about 12-3. I'll pull some clips if anyone wants, let me know your bike/colors and group.

I was the metallic gray Gixxer with black Astar leathers and a flat black helmet. If you were snapping pics in pit lane I was the guy who threw up the sign of the beast at ya. :cool:

Coyote were you running in I today? I was passing 3 wide in a corner a few times and the back straight looked like 270 during rush hour a few times. It got me to experience a whole new set of lines.

Will the pictures taken by the pro photographers be available on-line?

www.kylehunterphotography.com

He is there every track day and will load the Mid Ohio gallery on his website. He does a hell of a job too. :thumbup:

I was there with camera and video, from about 12-3. I'll pull some clips if anyone wants, let me know your bike/colors and group.

I think I spotted you off to the side at one point. I was in intermediate on a yellow naked SV with a big eyeball sticker where the headlight should be. Yellow helmet, blue/black/white suit.

i talked to Mike. he said there were only 4 folks signed up for intermediate and ZERO signed up in advanced.

they didn't get any riding in for the morning sessions, so the Mid-Ohio staff did a detailed track walk with them. he told me it was well worth the money.

in the afternoon, they did 40-minute sessions because there were no advanced riders. it was dry and overcast, he said, but still good riding.

Shout out to Longdogracing for giving me a tow and helping me learn how to pass safely. I always learn a ton from coaches that love what they do.

You're welcome. And, yes, I enjoy it very much. If anyone out there wants to improve on their riding skills, please stop by my pit and let me know what you would like to work on. I'll do my best to help you attain your goals.

Yellow naked SV with a big eyeball sticker where the headlight should be.

http://imgur.com/a/8r0qp/layout/horizontal#0

dizzledan, got any of me? i was the coach right behind donka. i think you took a low-angle shot of me. (blue leathers w/ a yellow jersey on a black GSXR)

http://imgur.com/a/5zxa3#4

I was the metallic gray Gixxer with black Astar leathers and a flat black helmet

http://imgur.com/a/WnKlG#0

white black and yellow cbr

http://imgur.com/a/F6001#5

and red white blue bmw..

Sorry I didn't get too many of the 1000rr, you ride too damn fast! By the time I got out to the far end of the track (thunder valley?) the intermediate session was wrapping up. Thanks for chatting with me though you guys, I definitely have a track day in my future.

http://imgur.com/a/gYwse#0

It was a bit overcast, so the pictures aren't as crisp as they should be, also my first time at Mid-Ohio and a bit rusty with tracking shots. I had a great time watching the riders and chatting to a few, and the engine noises more than make up for the crappy shots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu0vSQ3lssQ

Had a blast fellas...Monday was amazing weather with great riding. I was nervous for Tuesday, but it turned out to be great day. The track walk was awesome, it puts the track into a whole new perspective. It looks totally different when you are not riding your bike on it. Needless to say, I was exhausted and my legs are killing me.

Shout out to Donkason (Mike), had a blast working on passing and trying to catch ya. Oh, your avatar is driving me crazy. My head keeps twisting back and forth next to you. :D

Thanks to Justin (longdogracing) for getting me hooked to the track and put up with me for the whole Summer. Learned a lot from you and appreciate you taking the time to help me out.

Can't wait till next year fellas.

www.kylehunterphotography.com

He is there every track day and will load the Mid Ohio gallery on his website. He does a hell of a job too. :thumbup:

Thank-you very much, everything from the 17th is up now.

There were certainly a lot of bikes out there, I think close to 100 counting the instructor/control riders. Even with 30 bikes out at a time, there seem to be some good open gaps on the 2.4 mile track that were not being used.

Edited by Kyle Hunter

Thank-you very much, everything from the 17th is up now.

There were certainly a lot of bikes out there, I think close to 100 counting the instructor/control riders. Even with 30 bikes out at a time, there seem to be some good open gaps on the 2.4 mile track that were not being used.

Awesome pictures! Thanks! Order placed.

Thanks for shooting those, they came out great. Between you, Kyle, and my girlfriend taking photos, I'll have tons to look at.

The video is outstanding too. Great angles and sound. Watching that reminds me a bit of the second race in Grand Prix.