Bad Bad day at the gap :(

Mj 88

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry about your loss.

I lost a very close friend at the Gap about 6 years ago. I've never had the stomach to go back and almost hung up my helmet for good.

Time helps with the healing. In the meantime, grieve and then celebrate his life.

:( Sorry to hear. Is there anything we can learn from this to help keep us safer? (gear/speed/etc) Or was he doing everything right and it was just his time?

Avoid aggressive riding on the street, where 75' cliffs are close and ambulances are not?

All of my Gap trips involve someone, including myself, coming home with a mangled bike. We joke and give each other shit but everyone comes home, somtimes with a lot more bruises.

I am sorry to hear this, it sounds like he was a good guy and the nurses at the hospital in Alcoa are pretty hot. With his attitude her surely would have bagged at least one nurse.

I am sure the nurses in heaven are hotter and the motorcycles are faster heck the beer is probably colder too.

:( Sorry to hear. Is there anything we can learn from this to help keep us safer? (gear/speed/etc) Or was he doing everything right and it was just his time?

He was a little hot it to a left hander, and locked the back break. He was in full gear. It was just his time.:mad:

All of my Gap trips involve someone, including myself, coming home with a mangled bike. We joke and give each other shit but everyone comes home, somtimes with a lot more bruises.

Note to self, never ride with you or your friends.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again...Deals Gap is a road best ridden at 7AM on a Tuesday morning, alone.

Yes, it's a nasty road...but most of the danger is from:

A. Other idiots on the road, to include both cars and motorcycles

B. Egos.

Early morning and by yourself, you take away much of the danger, but you still get to experience the "experience".

I won't ride it any other time...

Once again, im very sorry for your loss.