Looks like winter storms this year

NinjaDoc

I'm over snow... I am not one to bitch and complain about the weather so much as suck it up and deal with life throws at me, but shoveling sucks.

YES. Driving to work in it sucks the big one too.

Snow is great on the slopes, but living with snow in the everyday is the worst!

I <3 snow.....used to drive a 2wd pickup that never had any weight in the rear on Pa roads.....may not be able to ride the bike, but I sure can LMFAO at dumbasses that don't understand the concept of friction.

Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely no problem driving in snow. If anything I speed up. It's dealing with everyone else that seem to forget that it snows here, and panic-stomp their brakes at the mere site of a snowflake that is wearing on me. There's no reason it should take an hour to go 14 miles in to work!

Get me on I-90 on the way to Holiday Valley and I'm in heaven.

Subaru FTW!!!

Sounds like an El Nino weather pattern which can have the potential for more snow in the Ohio Valley. El Nino is generally good for Colorado resorts and Tahoe. Taos and Telluride should benefit as well.

La Nina years send snow to Oregon and Washington. One La Nina year http://www.athropolis.com/arctic-facts/fact-baker.htm saw over 1000 inches fall on Mt. Baker and they had to dig the lifts out on Mt. Hood. Man that was an epic ski season and I happened to be living out there that year!! La Nina tends to be dry in the Midwest, much like winter 2011-2012.

My favorite thing too is laughing at people who can't drive in snow. I've driven FWD, RWD and 4WD in all kinds of snow and never had an issue adjusting knowing how to drive. Then again I'm a superior driver to most ;)

Predicting the weather so far in advance is a crapshoot. I read somewhere those 'expert' weathermen are predicting the earth has gone into another cycle where our weather will be extreme-one way or the other, and much more arid.

Ohio is supposed to have a much harder winter this year, a 180 deg swing from last winter so they say. I still plan on riding in to vote come Nov 6. Have done so for the past 5 yrs. course I don't have snowtires on the ol girl yet....lol

After living in Michigan most of my life I have seen real snowfalls not the 'dusting' that shuts things down here for days. Up there 4' was just more snow to move so I could get out of the garage to get to work. Here 10" paralyzes towns and cities....

Edited by ohiomike

My Grandmother swore by the Farmers Almanac. They say wetter and colder

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2012/08/26/will-winter-return-with-a-vengeance/

That's because the Farmers Almanac is usually correct.

Perhaps against all odds, but they do it.

Close to 80%, find a weather team that can do that.

Check the predictions here:

http://www.almanac.com/weather/longrange

Columbus

Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with above-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be from late December through early January and in early and mid-February. The snowiest periods will occur in mid- to late November, mid- to late December, and early to mid-January.
Cleveland
Winter will be colder than normal in the east, with above-normal temperatures in the west. The coldest periods will be from late December through early January and in mid-January and early and mid-February. Precipitation and snowfall will generally be below normal, with the snowiest periods in early to mid-November, early January, and early March.

Cincinnati

Cincinnati
Winter will be colder and drier than normal, with above-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be from late December through early January and in early and mid-February. The snowiest periods will occur in mid- to late November, mid- to late December, and early to mid-January.

I suppose if you keep going on November 6th, one of these years it's bound to actually be election day. :D

Surely you jest......."When is Election Day 2012?"

"Year Election Day

2012 Tuesday, November 6

2013 Tuesday, November 5

2014 Tuesday, November 4

2015 Tuesday, November 3"

http://www.almanac.com/content/when-election-day

Looks like 'one of these years' is this year. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
...I still plan on riding in to vote come Nov 6. Have done so for the past 5 yrs.
Surely you jest......."When is Election Day 2012?"

"Year Election Day

2012 Tuesday, November 6

2013 Tuesday, November 5

2014 Tuesday, November 4

2015 Tuesday, November 3"

http://www.almanac.com/content/when-election-day

Looks like 'one of these years' is this year. :cool:

Semantic joke...Your original post sounded like you have shown up to vote on Nov. 6 for the past five years...;)

I'm over snow... I am not one to bitch and complain about the weather so much as suck it up and deal with life throws at me, but shoveling sucks.

it's good exercise for being cooped up inside so much. but the older I got the more my back said to buy a snow blower. so I did.:D

my drive is way too big for a shovel. it needs a plow actually. and being on a hill makes worse of course.