65 degree Saturday spirit

NinjaDoc

I couldn't get out yesterday, so I took advantage of the better than expected weather today. I made it down to some SEO favorites. Road conditions were pretty good. All the leaves on the ground were kinda playing tricks with my eyes when scanning for gravel. Got a little wet on the way home, but all things considered a good day.

i would have tried to join you if i knew early enough.

which all roads did you ride today?

Thx will, Video of just me riding most times, and few back ward angle, if I knew roamer well I would have requested to put the cam on his bike, would have been amazing to get a close up of the ride lol

Next time will try some other good stuff along with some regular roads, 83 and 78 always deliver.

Tim hope to Cya around more,

You will, Saturday just confirmed my suspicions.... I love the twistys. When we stopped at the gas station for a break, I felt my tires after we had been sitting there for a while and they were hott, I haven't worked a pair of tires like that in a while. I will be back, hopefully I will have a trailer by then so I can haul my bike to my house in Columbus and then ride from there for obvious reasons.

Hopefully next season there will be more riders at my skill level out to ride with so you guys can go have fun hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone

Sorry to miss this ride, I was in Indianapolis for a race. Probably just as well since my cam chain tensioner is bad. Glad everyone is ok.

Nivin, you and your rides will be missed when you leave. You introduced me to another style of riding. Hope to get one more in this year if at all possible.

Sorry to miss this ride, I was in Indianapolis for a race. Probably just as well since my cam chain tensioner is bad. Glad everyone is ok.

Nivin, you and your rides will be missed when you leave. You introduced me to another style of riding. Hope to get one more in this year if at all possible.

Thx jester, am glad at least we got together this season to ride. Hopefully we can squeeze in couple more rides before we put this away. I am going to miss this riding community a lot, been looking at riding forums at different places, looks like ours is one of the most active out there.

SMH = Why I ain't the favorite?

Kind of dead over there, two more riders are posting and riding in this thread, is this the begining of the end?

To me CORE riders was always a "feel" of a group of riders who rode a lot, really hard and Wasted little time. Like pure breed riding. So as long as that group keep riding like that there will always be core riders no matter where they post and ride. Just my 0.02$

I think it's because of the riding real hard part that people kept away from core rides, hope our rides don't get a label like that eventually. Except for the speed I guess the rides we neo guys always did we're long and minimal time wasted, so they might enjoy these rides ones in a while. As I matured and getting more saddle time I am evolving to become a "core" rider :D

Where you goin Doc? I feel the only reason I was able to ride with you guys and not sent home because you insisted that someone sweep behind me lol.

Sent from my iPhone

Where you goin Doc? I feel the only reason I was able to ride with you guys and not sent home because you insisted that someone sweep behind me lol.

Sent from my iPhone

To me CORE riders was always a "feel" of a group of riders who rode a lot, really hard and Wasted little time. Like pure breed riding. So as long as that group keep riding like that there will always be core riders no matter where they post and ride. Just my 0.02$

I think it's because of the riding real hard part that people kept away from core rides, hope our rides don't get a label like that eventually. Except for the speed I guess the rides we neo guys always did we're long and minimal time wasted, so they might enjoy these rides ones in a while. As I matured and getting more saddle time I am evolving to become a "core" rider :D

That's something I wanted to explain, Jerry was awesome to volunteer to sweep behind you, if not him some one else. No matter what you were never a burden on us and always welcome new riders to join us. Last year there were plenty of riders who were patient with me and I learned a lot from these group rides. I always tried to join as many rides as possible. So no worries come out next time, and I also want to add this so out rides don't get stereotyped, any riders always welcome, never be turned away unless your riding with really really balding tires from now on :)

Edited by NinjaDoc

Ok, was able to do a comprehensive damage report. Bike wouldn't start because the kickstand got bent and would no.longer engage the safety switch. Left side fairing, mirror bracket and rear peg/muffler hanger are toast. Right side muffler is shot, subframe appears to be straight. Forks and rims seem to be ok. I can cut my cans down and save them. Lower fairing is a total loss. All in all not as bad as I thought. It's leaking oil, and until I remove what's left of the lower fairing I won't know from where.

We could talk about CORE and how it's group dynamics evolved, but it would only be interesting to a handful of people on here.

The rides are mostly northerners that want to ride a full day (400-500 miles, occasionally more) of good twisty roads. Early starts and not much downtime...stopping for meals is usually not in the program. I think that kind of riding is great fun, but I can see why others would not. I've been on OR rides that felt like CORE rides.

CORE pace is kind of an urban legend. Riding within limits is always more important than being fast...but some of the rides have been pretty darn quick :D

i think a lot of people will say that.

not me though cause i've been severely neglectful. i think once the babies start flying, i'll probably be more interested in doing longer street rides than weekend long track/race events though.

Sent from my iPhone

You never would have been sent home. If you would have been way off pace I would have suggested to drop the pack and we could have done a ride more comfortable to you. You did everything right. I am glad you finally came out to a ride. Hope to see you on another ride again.

need another 10k miles of twisty saddle time before i can be confident to join a CORE ride, hopefully nexy year

:nono:

Never been on a CORE ride, but I would think you would be fine. If not, you know your limits and are smart enough to slow down and ride you own ride.

Or you could come to the track and really push that VFR :D

Three of us did a 500+ mile ride this summer & it was a blast that was the ride I was referring to as my favorite. I have never been on a core ride that had an accident involved in it. I know it can and has happened but it hasn't when I have been on one. We don't plan a lunch stop or take long bullshit cigarette breaks. Every group of people you ride with has different skill levels but what I really like about the core guys I ride with is that no matter what pace they choose I am confident that they aren't going to be wrecking. You can plan your day expecting to finish it riding. I know accidents happen and it's possible for one to happen to any one of us. No two riders ride alike but so far it seems like they all are confident competent riders & I will take that any day over people trying to ride fast & out of control. Niven you would be fine riding with the core guys. To me it’s not about the pace it’s about the competence.

• 2 weeks later...