Girlfriends Nephew wants Busa for his first bike.

DTM Brian

Nobody buys a Hayabusa to ride the speed limit. They buy it to ride fast. Faster than their friends. To be envied. To be admired. To show off if necessary.

I don't want him riding on the same roads as me or anyone I care about and this is one reason why....

(See it properly, here) >> http://www.driveandstayalive.com/articles%20and%20topics/crash%20causation/speed_swedish-motorcycle-crash_2005.htm

The white bit, at the right-hand side of the hole in the side of the car, is the clue.

The graphic display (below) was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.

motorbike-inside-vw_sweden_2005_04_40%25.jpg

Left (and bottom left) The Honda burst into the VW through the front passenger door.

<<< Click to enlarge

Right Roof-crush, resulting from the roll-over. If you imagine the roof still fully upright, you will get a much better idea of the roof damage caused by the rider's body.

motorbike-inside-vw_sweden_2005_01_40%25.jpg

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the side of the slow moving car at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the Volkswagen came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes.

The car had two occupants and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them, along with the motorcycle itself.

Edited by JackFlash

To the OP you could tie him to the hood of one of your go fast cars like in the movie death proof and drive around for awhile. Then ask him if he felt he could be in control at those speeds.

• 3 weeks later...

Brian, Do the responsible thing and take him to the track. Make a deal with him that if he goes to the track with you to ride whatever first bike he gets for however many times, you will leave him alone. Also show him prices of parts if he wrecks it.

If that all fails, let him get the bike and tell him you will tune it for him and then detune it until he is more prepared.

This' date=' but most Hayabusa riders suck at life, sooo.....

(howabusa excluded... JRMMiii most definitely included)[/quote']

Whoooo now Papa. I suck at life but that happened way before the Busa. Don't blame an innocent motorcycle here.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 1

That Honda and Volkswagen pic has grown into quite the legend. While it's a relevant example of potential consequences, the speed claims range from 85-155mph. Snopes found no references to any speed estimates in the original brews story.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/seemotorcycle.asp

And that Honda looks a lot like a Ducati 748 tail section and swing arm... I know it has HRC stickers on it and you can see "HONDA" in some of the other shots, but the resemblance is striking, especially with that color scheme.

And that Honda looks a lot like a Ducati 748 tail section and swing arm... I know it has HRC stickers on it and you can see "HONDA" in some of the other shots, but the resemblance is striking, especially with that color scheme.

i think it's an NC30 (vfr400)

NC30-45-01.jpg

that has a ducati wheel on it though... the honda wheel has more spokes. but you can see the tail section here.

DSCF0025-1.jpg

def has a 748 look to it though.

Edited by John

I'm not a sportbike owner/rider but from a cruiser perspective that's like putting a newbie on a Rocket III Triumph, just as nuts!! For a sportbike to begin on I would guess a 600cc is plenty enough to get into trouble on. I would even lean towards a 500cc for a newb to learn on.