first gun

ninjachic

...and by the way, there's no such thing as .45 long colt. It's .45 Colt. But yes, the cartridge is fairly long...

ermm, there's two 45 colt, one short and one long. That's why one is called .45 LC (45 long colt). The short is the .45 Schofield round, which can be fired in the long colt weapon, but not vice versa. Not that we'd be firing a short 45 colt anytime soon. All the newer schofields are 45 long colt. But yes, it's official name was 45 Colt.

The designation ".45 Long Colt", sometimes abbreviated as ".45 LC", originated among military personnel to prevent confusion with the shorter-cased .45 Schofield which was also used in .45 Colt SAA revolvers by the US military. It has become a popular, yet improper, name for the cartridge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt

As others have said, try before you buy if possible.

Dale and Todd at Delta Epsilon are good people.

Ignore the "9mm is no good for defense". 9mm > 0mm, just as .380 ACP > .0 ACP and 22LR > 0LR.

Sorry damn phone posted before I was finished.

Sounds like a man phone. He's done, make him a sammich.

:D

• Upvote 1

yeah I'm going to see them tomorrow since I have a day off, FINALLY!!!

I will be there 3ish, maybe get to meet you too. :cool: I know it is a bit of a drive, but Ohiovalley Outdoors in Lancaster has a really nice range, with a good assortment of guns to rent. Just throwing that out there, and I am not a fan of indoor ranges.

Hopefully we can agree on a few things tomorrow. ;)
I agree to spend every dime you bring
yeah I'm going to see them tomorrow since I have a day off, FINALLY!!!
2-7
He will treat you right.

But if you want special pricing he likes sketty, lots of jello, jager... or a red head.

You forgot Tequila

I will be there 3ish, maybe get to meet you too. :cool: I know it is a bit of a drive, but Ohiovalley Outdoors in Lancaster has a really nice range, with a good assortment of guns to rent. Just throwing that out there, and I am not a fan of indoor ranges.

haha sweet maybe I can run over there around then.

I agree to spend every dime you bring

2-7

You forgot Tequila

Be gentle with me, I am handicapped at the moment. Really probably looking at building an AR, but still open to buy if price is right. Will y'all hold a gun or parts with a down payment?

well i'm no ginger but currently in the process of making my hair red. :p

Yeah, what's up with that. People (gals) changing to red now. Started earlier this year.

I made a joke that all redheads were going to be invited to a party, and everyone starts changing to red. I somehow feel responsible. It's my fault, I'll take the blame.

Yeah, what's up with that. People (gals) changing to red now. Started earlier this year.

I made a joke that all redheads were going to be invited to a party, and everyone starts changing to red. I somehow feel responsible. It's my fault, I'll take the blame.

I'm a natural brunette with a bit of red in it. I've been black and blond. I just like the red on me the best, it just doesnt want to stay.

1) Good to hear when more ladies take interest in shooting/carrying....priority should be SAFETY COURSE

2) I wouldn't start with anything larger than .40cal, .22 is cheap and fun but .38 is plenty powerful and suits both purposes. Maybe Todd could set you up with both at a great price?

3) For home defense, all one really needs is an empty pump shotgun. You holler and rack it like you mean business, they will blow a door off its hinges to get away :D

1) Good to hear when more ladies take interest in shooting/carrying....priority should be SAFETY COURSE

2) I wouldn't start with anything larger than .40cal, .22 is cheap and fun but .38 is plenty powerful and suits both purposes. Maybe Todd could set you up with both at a great price?

3) For home defense, all one really needs is an empty pump shotgun. You holler and rack it like you mean business, they will blow a door off its hinges to get away :D

yeah i've shot a bit before. and I am a very cautious person for the most part. I def want to take the safety course. my brother I think is taking it this sat but I have to work. thats the problem is getting time off of work for it.

I wouldnt mind eventually getting a shot gun. guess it depends on how much I spend on my first gun. I'm also in the process of trying to buy a condo so I need to save as much money as possible.

well i'm no ginger but currently in the process of making my hair red. :p
everyday is 10% off for red heads day :lol:
Be gentle with me, I am handicapped at the moment. Really probably looking at building an AR, but still open to buy if price is right. Will y'all hold a gun or parts with a down payment?
Im always gentle
I'll be in soon to order that .308 I was talking to Dale about.

And just to clarify. Women shouldn't own guns, or motorcycles, or leave the kitchen.

MJ owns all and will smash you at will. She is probably the most innocent looking sweetest person that would ever kill you in your sleep with a pillow.

everyday is 10% off for red heads day :lol:

im always gentle

mj owns all and will smash you at will. She is probably the most innocent looking sweetest person that would ever kill you in your sleep with a pillow.

Have some frog lube heated up. :D

I'll be in soon to order that .308 I was talking to Dale about.

And just to clarify. Women shouldn't own guns, or motorcycles, or leave the kitchen.

:lol: tough guy on the internet.... every other minute of the day:

"Hey, mj,

28816592.jpg

• Upvote 2

The camera outside your window has been on for 3 days now. I know more than you think. You also gave your number, email and Facebook. My interweb skills run deep, I probably know you better than you know yourself right now. :)

oh really. then tell me something about myself that I dont know already. and if there's a camera, then what am I wearing and watching on tv?