North Carolina motorcycle forum?

Steve Butters

Looking to move to NC next year...i have an idea of where im going, but i wanna get to know people and figure out the ins and outs of certain areas so i dont end up in the dayton/cleveland of NC :p

i figure with all you guys doing dragon runs, somebody has to of come across a good forum or group? like, we all have OR stickers plastered on everything.....anyone know of anything like this?

google search only turned up

http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/index.php

and a regional section of sportbike.net

ill probably sign up on both, but im wondering if theres some hidden gem i might be missing since i dont know the area or the people

**edit...found this one too just now

http://www.ncsportbikes.com/forums/index.php

Edited by Steve Butters

there is a faint possibility i might end up in NC as well, but like you said it seems i will end up in the "cleveland area of NC" with all flat roads and no twisties, Eastern NC, from where i will have to ride at least 3-4 hours to get to good stuff :( all info i got from the first forum you posted. I ended up there through google search.

i am looking at fayetteville area....probably a suburb of fayetteville for awhile at least to get settled....but i wanna find a "decent" suburb...like reynoldsburg is to columbus...no fancy ass expensive gahanna, but i dont wanna live in grove city either lol

Forums can tell you about some good roads,but if you're hunting for "hidden gems",the best way to find them is to explore.Get a Delemore Atlas,go to Google maps,go to the NCDOT site in March and look for upcoming paving projects.If you're willing to poke around,you'll find those hidden gems that even most of the locals don't know about.I've been riding seo roads for years and I found three more gems this year...none were mentioned on any internet site.

Forums can tell you about some good roads,but if you're hunting for "hidden gems",the best way to find them is to explore.Get a Delemore Atlas,go to Google maps,go to the NCDOT site in March and look for upcoming paving projects.If you're willing to poke around,you'll find those hidden gems that even most of the locals don't know about.I've been riding seo roads for years and I found three more gems this year...none were mentioned on any internet site.

i actually meant hidden forums by the hidden gem comment....like if theres a big forum like OR in NC, but it doesnt have NC in the name, it may not pull up on the google search, you know? like, if someone wanted to find the AFJ website, it might not turn up searching for 'ohio motorcycle forums'

i am looking at fayetteville area....probably a suburb of fayetteville for awhile at least to get settled....but i wanna find a "decent" suburb...like reynoldsburg is to columbus...no fancy ass expensive gahanna, but i dont wanna live in grove city either lol

Forget the "Reynoldsburg to Columbus" thing. You don't want to move to somewhere like Reynoldsburg. The bad that was in Whitehall has traveled to Reynoldsburg to get away from itself and in doing so has taken itself with it.

You want to stick with the "Pataskala to Columbus" concept while it's good, for the next 15 years, before it becomes the next Reynoldsburg.

My son's mil moved to Charlotte.....way too much traffic and idiot drivers. Sounds 1000 times worse than the Columbus area, seriously.

My sis lives in Raleigh and it is one rocking town, but highly populated as well. Talking to some NC'ans while visiting her they spoke of the 'triangle area' which comprised of Raleigh, Winston-Salem and Charlotte as being way over populated with several million people living and working there.

I would look toward Asheville which is over by the Smokey Mt area or up along the BRP.

You can also check here -relocationessentials.com/aff/www/tools/salary/col.aspx

for checking and comparing cost of living, wages, weather and the like between different areas.

Its a beautiful state and up in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Windston Salem areas there are strong tendencies for cutting edge technological jobs because of the close proximity to so many colleges-Duke, NC State, UNC, Wake Forrest, just to name a few.

Good Luck!

My son's mil moved to Charlotte.....way too much traffic and idiot drivers. Sounds 1000 times worse than the Columbus area, seriously.

My sis lives in Raleigh and it is one rocking town, but highly populated as well. Talking to some NC'ans while visiting her they spoke of the 'triangle area' which comprised of Raleigh, Winston-Salem and Charlotte as being way over populated with several million people living and working there.

I would look toward Asheville which is over by the Smokey Mt area or up along the BRP.

You can also check here -relocationessentials.com/aff/www/tools/salary/col.aspx

for checking and comparing cost of living, wages, weather and the like between different areas.

Its a beautiful state and up in the Chapel Hill/Raleigh/Windston Salem areas there are strong tendencies for cutting edge technological jobs because of the close proximity to so many colleges-Duke, NC State, UNC, Wake Forrest, just to name a few.

Good Luck!

Hey, thanks for that link. I just learned it would cost me 20% more a year, in Charlotte, just to maintain my current lifestyle. I better rethink my wishes.

That will be a big change, but nicer weather hopefully. When are you planning on moving? Like soon or just in the future

May-ish... Soon as the gf finishes spring semester... Gotta follow school schedules since she isn't done yet.. And I'll have to enroll in classes to get my work xfer (they only xfer for school or medical reasons)

Oh gotcha, totally understand lol well that's sweet, how long have you two been together :) if you don't mind me asking and changing the subject for a second haha

not long at all (monthish?)...but we actually planned this move before we were dating (been friends for many years)....ive been trying to move to NC for a couple years, but my ex was wanting to wait and wait and wait...then she wanted to go to florida...so it never happened....so this girl mentioned wanting to move there also, and i just said "hey ill go with you" lol.....kind of an impulse type of thing...should be quite the adventure

Well at least it will be a chance to get away and make a new start in a new place

im always up for an adventure...only live once!

and ill still be around OR....probably make all the gap trips, and still gonna ride back here couple times a year and hit the shack trips with some of these bubbys.....bunch of good guys on here (well....theyre kinda all assholes...but in a good way lol)