New Toy

Exarch

I brought my new baby home today and boy is she sexy :D 05 F4I silver/metallic silver fairings. I ordered a new kick stand for her already and I'll be getting her some new jewelery over the winter. I will have to post up some pictures later as my phone camera is not a fan of the dark.

226792f3-c32f-4eee-95e8-9c3e4f7e79ef.jpg

5f48e326-1e22-4795-bfd5-250ea30ceeab.jpg

Some pics I took last week, I'll have to put some in my album once I get a chance to get some more.

Edited by Exarch
  • Upvote 1

Congrats again, and I know it has a lower aftermarket saddle, but what brand was it? Looked Corbin'ish from the pic I saw. Hows the overall condition of the tires/chain/sprox/brakes?

THANKS, ya it's a Corbin seat :) The back tire is pretty much new, the front looks good too. I didn't mess with the chain or sprockets yet, once I put on the new third leg I'll examine it further. The breaks worked well, but I didn't do any hard breaking yet to really test them out.

I did manage to stall my bike 4 times in a row(my fault) though when I got to my dads driveway trying to get a feel for the sweet spot on the clutch since his driveway is nice and steepish. I kept letting out too quick on the clutch and finally figured out where I need to be though. I'd rather stall/roll back in the driveway rather than the road, but felt stupid none the less lol.

The ride was alot smoother going over rough road compared to my 250, but the different riding angle will take some used to getting to as now that when I go over bumps I feel the impact more in my arms than on my ass like with the 250. HUGE difference in gears, this will take some getting used to. On my 250 it was almost impossible to lose track of which gear I was on, but on the F4I I find it tough to remember as I'm riding in a way lower gear than im used to. I stuck it in first turning from woodman to 202 and that sucked, but I managed to keep control of the bike. I thought I was riding in 4th, but I was riding in third, oops... On my 250 I was always in 6th lol...

i'd get some of those heightening boots, or a lower seat before ruining the handling of my motorcycle...

I got both, I usually don't wear my boots work though, but I'll see how I like the lowered bike and if I don't I can always change it back to stock. I don't hit the curves hard though, I just take my sweet time :dunno:

You should feel nothing in your arms. Pin your knees to the tank and keep yourself upright with your lower back. If done correctly, your riding position should stay the same while being able to let go of the handlebars. For the gears: upshift when the revs get too high, downshift when they get too low. You don't even need to know the gear. If you are ever in doubt after downshifting and stopped, just stomp the lever down a couple times.

I got both, I usually don't wear my boots work though, but I'll see how I like the lowered bike and if I don't I can always change it back to stock. I don't hit the curves hard though, I just take my sweet time :dunno:

gotta do whats best for you...if you feel more confident on it while its lowered, that will make you a better rider than riding a better setup bike that you dont feel comfortable riding....even after lowering it a little bit, its still going to handle great and better than a lot of bikes...its not like you slammed it to the ground and put a 305 tire on the back with a 10ft swingarm lol....dont listen to the haters, shortstuff.

You should feel nothing in your arms. Pin your knees to the tank and keep yourself upright with your lower back. If done correctly, your riding position should stay the same while being able to let go of the handlebars. For the gears: upshift when the revs get too high, downshift when they get too low. You don't even need to know the gear. If you are ever in doubt after downshifting and stopped, just stomp the lever down a couple times.

this is what i do regarding gears....i just roll with it...i hardly ever know what gear im in

as for pinning legs to the tank....on the vfr i just slide forward lol....maybe need to get some kind of grip paper or something for the tank

The grip tape will ruin leathers unfortunately. There are tank pads that have fairly large plastic nubs on them that will hold you in place very well. Certain brands are kind of sharp and would agitate my knees if I held on too tight, fyi. I don't know how the seat is on the viffer but I can remember whenever I would brake hard going into a turn on my R1, I would slide forward and smash my nuts on the gas tank. It was a combination of the seat material being a little slipperier than I am used to and (what seemed to be, never measured) a steeper seating angle.

Braking is good......breaking is bad! ;) Corbins tend to make height taller, Sargents and maybe a few others could help lower it. Be sure rear pre-load isn't cranked, that too increases ride height. Not a fan of lowering bikes, but you gotta be safe and stable when feet are down. Don't obsess over flat footing a bike, balls of your feet is plenty.

Edited by Pokey

When I'm just cruising I lean on my bars :dunno: when I'm riding I'll keep my arms bent slightly though, never had to worry bout leaning much on my 250 except when I was cold so I never really absorbed any road shock in my arms if that makes sense :dunno:

I ride at low RPMs unless I'm in 6th gear, I tend to keep the bike under 5k. I kept my ninja around 4k when it wasn't in 6th(rarely lol) hell I haven't even managed to get out of 4th on the F4I... I know how gearing works just fine though, I've never owned an automatic vehicle. It's just going to take a while to get used to mentally on the bike, especially since I never really had to look at the tach on the 250 or in my cars to know my shifting points.

I'll get plenty of experience in next season and be alot more brain trained on how to run smooth and efficiently though :)