2013 Honda

ReconRat

That CBR500R looks really nice and is priced pretty well. I'm glad the big 4 are re-focusing on bikes to get newer riders into the fold.

On a related note, they also released the '13 CBR600RR. Love the new wheels, but the front end leaves a lot to be desired.

2013-Honda-CBR600RR-ABS-Red.jpg

ok, so it's not a Honda. Just bumped into this looking at the EICMA website. (70th International Motorcycle Show - Milan Italy)

Pure Sex in Red - It's changed a bit from the 2011 and 2012.

The tank/cover looks better in red, it was silver.

Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Ducati1199PanigaleSEicma.jpg

http://www.eicma.it/common/editor/upimages/AANewsdal%20salone/Ducati1199PanigaleSEicma.jpg

To make it more appealing... still sexy when naked:

new-colors-for-ducati-1199-panigale-photo-gallery-medium_7.png

http://s1.aecdn.com/images/news/gallery/medium/new-colors-for-ducati-1199-panigale-photo-gallery-medium_7.png

So, the CB1100 is coming to the states? The last I heard, it was not coming.

Also, I wonder if those 500's are statebound. I would have to think there is little to no market for the 500's here. 500 makes more sense for Europe where I think they put a 100hp limit in place.

I guess the new V4 race bike is going to be a 2014 model?

I don't know if there is any change in the VFR but I wish they would do a redesign on it already, thing is ugly and way less comfortable. Due to its look, I never looked into it but I wonder if the Throttle by wire, and the dual action auto clutch with paddle shifters is new this year or since the vfr1200 was released

The CBR 500 makes sense for Honda, but only because they don't make a 650 twin.

I have heard rumblings (may be confirmed by now) that the 250R will be 300cc in the near future to keep up with the baby ninja.

The 500 seems like a really small step in between.

that said, maybe Honda perceives a market that the EX500 vacated? The EX was about 450 lbs wet, and 52hp on its best day. The Honda 500 is listed at 425 lbs (still seems heavier than necessary...), and 47hp. With room for tuning, 60hp wouldn't be out of the question.

if they could get the weight down to 350 or so, it would be a hell of a ride, even if it only had 50hp. I'd at least want to test ride one.

I don't know if there is any change in the VFR but I wish they would do a redesign on it already, thing is ugly and way less comfortable. Due to its look, I never looked into it but I wonder if the Throttle by wire, and the dual action auto clutch with paddle shifters is new this year or since the vfr1200 was released

The VFR1200 has always had those. I think the only things new for '13 are color options.

Definitely agree with you on the current VFR. Too big, too heavy, too complicated, and way too ugly.

Ruined the VFR.....ruined it!!!

Me too, ruined the VFR. Too heavy, if nothing else.

And I like the CB1100, it's so retro. But a 919 does it better, hooligan that it is.

I'm really kinda sold on water cooled engines now. Dunno, maybe later, maybe used.

I'd like to see the new 600 in person before i pass judgment on it. It kinda looks like that DN-01 monstrosity.

Seriously? :wtf: It looks like an 07 with BPF and new wheels. Seriously disappointed in the lack of development. I want my 07s back, which I sold because I expected a major model change in 12. :mad: