Would you rock it? 2013 Gold Wing F6B

Casper

I'd rock it with some crazy loud mufflers, just to piss off all the other GL guys. :D I love the look of it, almost same kinda look as the Victory Vision 8 ball. chopped w/s, no trunk and all blacked out as any good bike should be!

• Upvote 1

How much $?

I like it, but need more pics.

Edit: after watching an advertisement on YouTube, nope. It has curb appeal, but once a rider is on it, it is lost. Plus it doesn't have the utility of a normal wing.

Edited by RHill

I'd buy the all black one in a heartbeat once it hits the used market. It is actually making me debate not going through with a VTX bagger project I like it so much. Granted this is just by the looks and specs, could be a whole nother ballgame after demo'ing one

None of the ammenities of a real Goldwing' date=' but all of the ugly. No, thanks.[/quote']

What is it missing from a regular goldwing other than obvious top box/recliner? Serious question as I've never even looked into what all the Goldwing has amenity wise

None of the ammenities of a real Goldwing' date=' but all of the ugly. No, thanks.

I do like the screen, though. Maybe they should figure out how to incorporate that into the touring platform. You need a tall screen, but not all of the time. That front end looks way better with the chopped windshield.[/quote']

Power windscreen, moves based on rain and temp

I am sure it rides and handles really well considering how rotund it is, but I just can't get past certain aspects of the goldwing...

- cost. It's $20k. I can buy a civic for less than that, and carry a ton more stuff, all while getting comparable (if not better) mileage in the car

- weight. I don't care if it handles well while riding, it's still 900 lbs. Motorcycles should not need a reverse gear.

- stereo. Again, there are certain things motorcycles just should not need. A radio is one of them. I understand the desire to have tunes on long-ass highway hauls, but helmet speakers for such occassions seems less... I don't know... less pussy-douche-couch.

I completely understand why some people adore the goldwing, and it is certainly great for touring - I just can't get over the fact that it has crushed (what I think of as) the soul of motorcycling. There is supposed to be a little noise, a little wind, and a little discomfort. Those are the trades you make for the thrill of riding. It's kind of like owning an older convertible: They flex in turns, the top leaks when it rains, they're noisy on the highway, etc. - but then every so often, there's that one perfect 77 degree day, when the sun is out, and you just love your convertible. That's how I feel 90% of the time I'm on a motorcycle, in spite of all the sacrifices.

The goldwing is too polished for me. Almost numb. Like a player-piano. Technically correct, but no soul.

• Upvote 1