Would you rock it? 2013 Gold Wing F6B

Casper

I'd rock it with some crazy loud mufflers, just to piss off all the other GL guys. :D

HAHA!!! I was telling the Harley guys at work today about this. I told them I cant wait to see some one roll up on one with 3 short little drag pipes on each side. That said I'd ride the heck out of it if I could afford the almost $20k asking price.

I am sure it rides and handles really well considering how rotund it is, but I just can't get past certain aspects of the goldwing...

- cost. It's $20k. I can buy a civic for less than that, and carry a ton more stuff, all while getting comparable (if not better) mileage in the car

- weight. I don't care if it handles well while riding, it's still 900 lbs. Motorcycles should not need a reverse gear.

- stereo. Again, there are certain things motorcycles just should not need. A radio is one of them. I understand the desire to have tunes on long-ass highway hauls, but helmet speakers for such occassions seems less... I don't know... less pussy-douche-couch.

I completely understand why some people adore the goldwing, and it is certainly great for touring - I just can't get over the fact that it has crushed (what I think of as) the soul of motorcycling. There is supposed to be a little noise, a little wind, and a little discomfort. Those are the trades you make for the thrill of riding. It's kind of like owning an older convertible: They flex in turns, the top leaks when it rains, they're noisy on the highway, etc. - but then every so often, there's that one perfect 77 degree day, when the sun is out, and you just love your convertible. That's how I feel 90% of the time I'm on a motorcycle, in spite of all the sacrifices.

The goldwing is too polished for me. Almost numb. Like a player-piano. Technically correct, but no soul.

Have you "actually" ridden an 1800 Wing?

I have not ridden a modern GW, but based on the type of riders that ride them and the number of miles tridden, I suspect there is something to them. I've heard lots of good stuff about the motors.

When I worked at a motorcycle dealership several years ago around the time the 1800's debuted, my old boss used to rave about how well they handled and would routinely use one to embarrass guys that thought they were quick on sportbikes.

When I worked at a motorcycle dealership several years ago around the time the 1800's debuted, my old boss used to rave about how well they handled and would routinely use one to embarrass guys that thought they were quick on sportbikes.

I have a few buddies, that do embarrass many riders while even pulling trailers behind their Wings. The 1800 Wing is no old mans bike like the rep it gets, they are serious machines that defy all logic in how they can handle for their size.

I have a few buddies, that do embarrass many riders while even pulling trailers behind their Wings. The 1800 Wing is no old mans bike like the rep it gets, they are serious machines that defy all logic in how they can handle for their size.

The f6b is lighter too.

Had my GW, but when the Lady said she wasn't interested in riding on the back, I got out of it. For one-up cruising I like my 'Glide more.

The GW was a hoot in many ways, at 85 on the highway, smooth as butta, you can punch it up to go around a truck and be at 115 by the time you've passed him -- that makes highways fun, and maybe a lil tricky with the man...

On the twistys, yeah you can horse it around, but I wasn't really having fun doing it, just wishing I was on a different bike.

This new version ? -- not anymore thanks. Dont see it selling very well.

If I had to have a cruiser, I'd ride a Goldwing. I'd have to do something about this variant, it's a little too HD Bagger for me. But not bad.

GL1800's do ride nice. I jumped on one with my girlfriend directly from my SV and had about 2 minutes till I got used to it, and had a great time. Not easy for a beginner to ride, but much better handling than you would think. I don't know where those 900lbs go once you start moving.

Seems interesting... I don't see myself having a cruiser for a decent bit of time yet though, and definitely wouldn't considering plopping $20k on a bike. I'd probably start with something more sport touring oriented before that GW, or make a few more modifications/upgrades to my 919 to make it more sport touring worthy.

That being said, I'd definitely get this over a Harley cruiser for a comparable price.

Seems interesting... I don't see myself having a cruiser for a decent bit of time yet though, and definitely wouldn't considering plopping $20k on a bike. I'd probably start with something more sport touring oriented before that GW, or make a few more modifications/upgrades to my 919 to make it more sport touring worthy.

That being said, I'd definitely get this over a Harley cruiser for a comparable price.

The Goldwing IS NOT A CRUISER.....apples to oranges.

The Goldwing IS NOT A CRUISER.....apples to oranges.

Depends on who you are really. The Goldwing is in my eyes in a class by itself. Cruiser and touring bike go in the same category for me too. I can tour on a cruiser, and cruise on a tourer. But I'm nitpicking.:)

Depends on who you are really. The Goldwing is in my eyes in a class by itself. Cruiser and touring bike go in the same category for me too. I can tour on a cruiser, and cruise on a tourer. But I'm nitpicking.:)

thats how i roll. Cruiser and tourer is the same thing to me and this seems to be a hybrid. Much rather have the performance and the reliability and much less steep price tag of the Honda over a Street Glide. and this is coming from a guy that has wanted a street glide really really bad over the last few years