Motorcycle Superstore

RHill

Normally I'm a patient customer, but being the second time Motorcycle Superstore has lied to me with their stock status and predicted delivery date, I'm DONE ordering from the website.

I even changed my order just to have all in-stock items, and it turns out 3 of the items in my order are on order.....what the hell is the point of displaying a stock status if it is incorrect 3 out of 4 items?

Really tempted to cancel the order.

this is how most online retailers operate. you order from them, they order from the supplier. they don't have this stuff sitting in a warehouse behind their office.

typically your stuff is shipped from their supplier warehouse to you. (drop shipping).

other times like oem parts go to them then to you. I know this is how mr.cycles and ronayers.com does it.

Serp is correct. The big guys like you mention and others are usually drop shipping if their suppliers permit. However, closeout and related items are in stock things. Basically, they are bought in large QTY and the company they bought from isn't going to warehouse it.

However, several are warehousing a lot of the inventory they advertise. These are fewer than more. Iron Pony is a shop that inventories a majority of their product advertised. In fact, I know that in the catalog, they only choose what they carry and are top sellers.

That's why I am baffled as to why people don't buy from them more and think getting a savings of even 20% is worth the hassle they get. If you had ordered from Pony online even or called it in from the catalog, etc., you'd have had it shipped out that same day if by a certain time.

Even Best Buy does this. Website says it's in stock at the store, you go in and it's not there. Systems like this aren't automatic.

Not even just online retailers - happens to big-box places too.

I have never done in store pickup at Best Buy without getting to the store and waiting for 40 minutes for them to find an item. Their service is horrible when it comes to that. The best places for in store pickup in my experience is Home Depot and Lowes. Granted they have a large inventory of items but I just walk in and get my item and walk out with no issues.

JIT be damned....there is a huge gap between JIT replenishment and lying to me as a customer.

In reality, I realize that "huge gap" is a quantity of one....but honestly; as a customer, I dont give a fuck if it is 1 or a hundred....my order is still delayed.

Continue....

BTW I have ordered from Nathan at rider discount and bought stuff in person at IP before....I just added shit to my cart at Motorcycle Superstore and went through with the order for some stupid reason.

JIT be damned....there is a huge gap between JIT replenishment and lying to me as a customer.

In reality, I realize that "huge gap" is a quantity of one....but honestly; as a customer, I dont give a fuck if it is 1 or a hundred....my order is still delayed.

Continue....

BTW I have ordered from Nathan at rider discount and bought stuff in person at IP before....I just added shit to my cart at Motorcycle Superstore and went through with the order for some stupid reason.

True but there's also a stores inventory control setup where they look on their screen to see if they still have any and their inventory numbers hasn't updated. So their computer says they have it, yet in reality their shelf is empty. Or another one I have heard is, when you actually order the item, they have several. Or I have heard this-The mail order screen shows they have 8 pieces when you order, yet it didn't take into account the fact that your order is the 9th in line.

Imho, online ordering is a crap shoot. I have order a couple of things from the MC Superstore with 100% success including a set of tires. Maybe I was just lucky but I do understand how much of a pita it is when you have to wait on them to get their inventory.

But places like Dennis Kirk are no different. Once I ordered some parts (my bike was down until I got them) and instead of sending them to me here in Ohio, they sent them out west somewhere, Az I think. They blamed UPS. So I had to wait until UPS out in Az or wherever processed the order and realized it was in the wrong place. then ship it back to DK ( they would NOT just send it on to me!), then process it again and ship it to me. This all took like 3 or 4 weeks. DK would not admit fault, but when I got the pkg it showed they had addressed it wrong and it was not UPS's fault.

Mail order just plain sucks.

• 2 months later...