Close call on todays ride

NinjaDoc

thx for the well wishes guys,

Leader was damn close to eating that car, glad it was a near miss!

It was me hellmutt hehe, almost touched it couldnt eat it :D

It looks like it would have been hard for them to see you coming up the hill? Glad it ended with a close call!

True, he couldnt see us, but his turn starts only after he crests the hill, I mean the double yellow extended all the way to almost our side of crest before the gap to cross over. He kinda turned ahead of that.

I don't know how it didn't bother nivin as much as it did me. (I was the bike at the time with the camera) I had to stop shortly after to get my nerves under control. If one thing had been different it would have been a disaster. Just shows no matter how careful you are danger is still there. Ride on, never in.
Nivin didn't seem as shook over this as Brandon. Nerves of steel. That would shake me up too. Glad it turned out alright. That would have ruined a great ride.

i was pretty okay with it, may be years off riding in chaos of indian traffic. From trucks cars autos, to dogs cows do this all the time :D Plus our slower winter pace helped a lot, if we were doing our summer ride pace i might have ended up in his passenger seat :(

I met you last weekend & you're out riding with the Doc already, way to jump right in. Do not believe anything bad he has to say about me.

Oh yeah, motorcycle riding is dangerous.

haha i just told him to stay away from you till he gets another 5 group rides under his belt, but to be honest he is good rider, likes to ride fast and his dirt bike exp helps a lot, doesnt seem to be affected by gravel tar snakes etc. only bad habit...trying to touch the road with his hand in mid turn lol :D

i slow alot over blind hills... never know if there is a driveway or intersection, or car getting ready to turn in this case

true, in fact we were slowing down, i slow down to the point of paranoid slow in blind turns and hills, which actually i am trying to correct :(

Kind of reminds me of Georgia coming over the hill with the lady making a left.

Good job keeping your composure doc. I guess you are a ninja. :D

Yep i was strong and composed :cool:...... .....

..........waited till i reached home and changed my shorts :lol:

^ err on the side of caution, always.

Rather feel stupid for going too slow than eating whatever lies over the crest.

Doc got a perfect example of this on video @1:15, there is a slight crest, I wasn't sure of oncoming traffic, so I moved over. I felt bad for the guy I passed in the same lane, but if a car crested that hill......I'd rather apologize to that guy 1000x than hit that crest 1 time with a car coming the opposite direction.

that was a beautiful day and ride, too bad your track snob now :mad:,