new battery

ninjachic

I've seen problems when jumping from a running vehicle. Not often, and usually a very dead battery being jumped. Let it set a while, till the dead one tries to start, then start the helper vehicle. Even then, some computers freak out. Computers are expensive. edit: this is cars only, never jump a bike from a running car. Geez... it cannot handle that, too big of a risk.

I smoked a connector and popped the diode trio on a van once, because I had the ignition on when it was jumped from a running vehicle. It didn't like that.

Worst jump was a guy that had his battery installed backwards, because the store sold him reversed terminals. The charge on the battery was reversed when driving. Yeah, lots of sparks. Just once, then I left. And he wondered why his new battery was going dead over and over. He would not believe me. Very clearly the new battery was chassis grounded to the positive terminal. Lesson learned, now I check how a new battery was installed before jumping it.

edit: if the jumper cables get real hot, start smoking, or glow bright red.... you're doing it wrong...

Edited by ReconRat

The battery is the buffer. It will only pull what it requires' date=' but if it's faulty, it may fail to self-regulate.. which is why they say to not run the car's alternator while jumping. Remember, you're side-stepping the regulator/rectifier on the bike and relying on the battery to do it's business. I've seen motorcycle reg/recs flat out burst a battery. Matter of fact, I had a battery burst it's vent cover right into my face. I had glasses on, which was lucky.[/quote']

This.

The battery is the buffer. It will only pull what it requires' date=' but if it's faulty, it may fail to self-regulate.. which is why they say to not run the car's alternator while jumping. Remember, you're side-stepping the regulator/rectifier on the bike and relying on the battery to do it's business. I've seen motorcycle reg/recs flat out burst a battery. Matter of fact, I had a battery burst it's vent cover right into my face. I had glasses on, which was lucky.[/quote']

whoa. yikes. Yeah my nickname is murphy's law. So def gonna need some help cuz something like that probably would happen to me.

whoa. yikes. Yeah my nickname is murphy's law. So def gonna need some help cuz something like that probably would happen to me.

Your starting to sound like the girl that walks around a party after half a mikes hard lemonade saying "I'm soooo drunk right now, someone could really take advantage of me."

Your starting to sound like the girl that walks around a party after half a mikes hard lemonade saying "I'm soooo drunk right now, someone could really take advantage of me."

oh hell no. I can hold my alcohol. Gimme a bottle of whiskey and I'll be happy all night long. and if i do get drunk, I usually disappear before someone tries to take advantage of me.

Well what fun is that

Well there are times when people do get lucky.

Was OSUMJs offer of help disqualified due to her lack of a penis?

haha. no. Actually if I cant get it jump started on Fri by someone. then I am borrowing a charger from someone on sat and doing exactly what she said. Just forgot to mention that.

oh hell no. I can hold my alcohol. Gimme a bottle of whiskey and I'll be happy all night long. and if i do get drunk, I usually disappear before someone tries to take advantage of me.

I'll rephrase "My bike is soo broken someone could look at it and totally take advantage of me"

no its help my bike is broken. Cum fix it and take advantage of my cooking.

Sorry but I'm too far away. It's going to take a lot more than some fart fuel and flirting to get me there.

Just take your battery out.

I've never worked on a ninja 250 but I'm guessing its under the seat. Should be 2 bolts under the back edges of your seat to undo (turn counter clockwise). Then lift the back of your seat and pull it towards the rear of the bike. Now there should be a couple of bolts holding the wires to the terminals undo those. There may be a rubber strap holding down the battery hooked on each side, unhook that. Lift battery out.

Now obtain a charger.

Pokey offered one earlier.

Hook battery to charger.

Self explaining.

After battery is charged re install it.

Reverse instructions on how to remove it.

Start the bike.

If it won't start something is fucked up, tow it to Hoblick. Or buy a new battery you'll need it.

If it starts ride it to Hoblicks place and don't stall it.

Once at Hoblicks don't bother flirting you can't compete with his wife.

Should be all the help you need to take care of this. Now do it to it.