Good Bye Ohio :(

NinjaDoc

Hate to hear that your moving on Doc, after the dream ride we tossed around the idea of a weekend in Hocking Hills for this spring. I think we need to make this happen and give our friend a send off. Give him a good reason to come back and see us.

Hate to hear that your moving on Doc, after the dream ride we tossed around the idea of a weekend in Hocking Hills for this spring. I think we need to make this happen and give our friend a send off. Give him a good reason to come back and see us.

^This! A 2 day dream ride in Hocking valley and SEO would be better to get MORE of us together, even if its the same route both days it would be a killer time.

i think we need to give him some kind of send off party regardless..

I agree. Only met Doc once, but his passion to ride is enough for me to call him a friend. If the Double Dream Ride '13 doesn't happen before he leaves, then we should at least come together somewhere for some beers and handshakes

All the talk about a Dream Ride, I had to check it out. Looked like one helluva good time! :D

Doc: I'm from Michigan and can attest to the scenery in Northern MI. If you get a chance to cross the bridge and get into the U.P., I would recommend that also. I have rode up the coast of Lake Michigan, across the bridge, west on US 2 out to Minneapolis and then back down to Milwaukee to take the Lake Express Ferry back to my hometown of Muskegon. It was a blast, but, there isn't much of a twisty road to mention that compares to what you can find in Ohio.

Good luck up there and don't forget to perfect the "detroit lean" in your "deuce and a quarter". This will help you fit in with the locals :cool::p

Urban Dictionary

Detroit lean: Driving with one hand on the wheel while slouched over to the right

Deuce and a quarter: A very large Buick from the mid-70's that can be pimped out like no other.

I work with a dude from Detroit, he says It's pretty bad. Average response time for a cop is 'a day or so'. Some areas the cops don't go into because they won't make it out.

In the words of eminen: this ain't Detroit, this is motherfuckin hamburger hill!

Was a pleasure to get to meet you and ride with you.

next year we shud ride again, but with better tires :) @ hamburger hill :D confidence boosting comparisons

Congrats! Definitely need another big ride before you go. Thank you for the dream ride this year, too.

definitely, if not for dream ride we will meet up for at least one another ride, nice meeting you and also ....want to see the 300 in action :)

Sorry to see you go, Nivin, but I wish you all the best.

Detroit is one of my least favorite places to visit, but Ann Arbor is pretty nice. Once you make the move, definitely look into some of the riding in North~Northwestern Michigan. It's beautiful up there, and there are some genuinely good roads, plus Gratten and Gingerman will be closer.

Definitely agree about the sendoff ride in the Spring. Just let me know when and I'll be there.

and next time we meet in an airport hope we dont have to text each other to make sure its the right person. ( we met in Charlotte airport and i literally stood right in front of him for 10 mins and we didnt recognize each other, then i texted him asking are u sitting gate 3 etc etc :lol: )

Congrats, Nivin...hopefully we can get a big "OR Dream Ride" together before you head up north !!! Great riding with you !!

Yep we should, and prolly it will be two of us again going for the route scout trip again.

What did you match in?
So the match result came out today, and looks like i will end up in wayne state Detroit. <-- What exactly does this comment mean.
What program are you doing again?

Nephrology in wayne, @Flounder: matching is like a draft for football, we interview with different university and finally we and them both make a rank order for our preference, and its kind of one scheme for most of the nation together. And if we are lucky we get selected to the program we ranked. this gives every one a fair enuf chance i guess.

I remember the first time I rode with you man, I ended up changing some random girl's tire before we embarked...

good luck!

I also remember this... Good luck doc!

:lol: i will never forget that, my first group ride ever, hardly 500 miles on the bike and every one shows up and asks me to lead lol But it was a big lesson learned with just scraps on the fairing. I now blame UP for that too even if he wasnt there :D

Good luck to you in your future endeavors Niven. I hope to get out for a ride with you in April or May before you move.

We should get out and ride again, was awesome ride we had the last one. As soon as the last snow melts i will start riding :D

So Detroit is a little less then 3 hours away, when I ride with you I ride about an hour and a half away to meet you, not we can both make that run and meet halfway and go for rides. I've only met you once, but you put quite the impression on me, hate to see you go hood on us, but I think even after your move we will keep riding together

i wish to at least ride once of twice every year, or make a gap trip happen at least once.

Nivin, I better see you at grattan next year (shiiiieeeet, I hope I get to see grattan at least once next year). I pledge to ride with you at least once before you head for the innermost circle of hell.

YES, ride the street at least once.

In the end, the advancement you achieve, will be worth it. You can always come back to Ohio, better yet, southern Ohio. Definitely gotta do a big ride in the spring! Good luck!

We did ride a lot of miles that day even if we just rode one day. next year we repeat.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to ride with you,maybe next year before you leave if I'm still here.There's a good chance I'll be in California by spring though,we'll see.

Good luck with your studies.

You really need to show me those route you pmed me before either of us leave. You always helped me with route tips.

^This! A 2 day dream ride in Hocking valley and SEO would be better to get MORE of us together, even if its the same route both days it would be a killer time.

I agree. Only met Doc once, but his passion to ride is enough for me to call him a friend. If the Double Dream Ride '13 doesn't happen before he leaves, then we should at least come together somewhere for some beers and handshakes

At least a one day ride, i am hoping for a good day in may. Got to meet lot of new peeps both times, next year hopefully the expected number of above 75 show up :D

All the talk about a Dream Ride, I had to check it out. Looked like one helluva good time! :D

Doc: I'm from Michigan and can attest to the scenery in Northern MI. If you get a chance to cross the bridge and get into the U.P., I would recommend that also. I have rode up the coast of Lake Michigan, across the bridge, west on US 2 out to Minneapolis and then back down to Milwaukee to take the Lake Express Ferry back to my hometown of Muskegon. It was a blast, but, there isn't much of a twisty road to mention that compares to what you can find in Ohio.

Good luck up there and don't forget to perfect the "detroit lean" in your "deuce and a quarter". This will help you fit in with the locals :cool::p

Urban Dictionary

Detroit lean: Driving with one hand on the wheel while slouched over to the right

Deuce and a quarter: A very large Buick from the mid-70's that can be pimped out like no other.

thx jch i might PM you for more info :D

Good luck Doc...got the chance to ride with you twice recently and it was fun...I am glad I got the chance. You are a good rider. Stay safe up in Detroit. Maybe we can ride again before the final send off. Would like to know more about your future plans.

great riding with you, you remind me just how i started last year. Eager to ride more and learn more, u gonna be an awesome rider by next season.

^^^^ exactly why you shouldnt leave...

i dont want to leave :cry: very nice riding and great company to ride with

http://youtu.be/5ddI5xU5x38 Really going to miss you Bud!! We had some really good rides. Hope for a few more.

hope you get the leave to make the semi epic ride trip we planned next year. and thx a lot for the video jerry, that reminded me of the soft bags i got, Its used only once and its yours as i now have hard bags.

Wayne State University is in the Burbs, not actual downtown. I lived in the Detroit Metro area for 12 years. Good roads out west of Ann Arbor. Also North. It may not be as technical as some of the SE Ohio stuff, but it is nice.

Check out http://www.redlinesuperbike.com/. They have a good group of riders and events. All my best friends are in the D-Town burbs. I've done several one day trips up to D-Town. I go to Grattan and Gingerman several times a year as well. You'll love it up there.

And believe it or not, they get less snow than in NE Ohio thanks to the snowbelt down here.

IMO, Michigan cage drivers are better than Ohio drivers. 80MPH flow of traffic is the norm, they actually know that the left lane is a passing lane rather than a cruising lane, and they actually move over.

Good luck Doc!

Nephrology in wayne, @Flounder: matching is like a draft for football, we interview with different university and finally we and them both make a rank order for our preference, and its kind of one scheme for most of the nation together. And if we are lucky we get selected to the program we ranked. this gives every one a fair enuf chance i guess.

Excellent, so you finished 3 years IM and are now going for a couple year fellowship? Must be exciting to be getting so close!

I hope to get a chance to ride with you again before you leave, if not, maybe I will see you at Grattan...

3 hours to meet and ride is not that bad, it is a bit over 2 1/2 hours for me when I have met you at the Bolivar DQ to ride...:D

Nephrology, nice! So you're already a practicing internist then? I'm about halfway through my 3rd year. Good luck and hope you love it!

We've never ridden together so we all need to get a 'Later' ride together for springtime. 'Later' to Doc as he progresses in life. Congrats!!!!

There is beauty in most every state. The thumb area is good, north of Saginaw is good, the Traverse City area is like God's country and the UP is as rural as it gets. My advice is 'stay off the superslab' on your bike as much as is possible. Find an abode outside of the city in the 'burbs'.

Best 'o luck to ya! Let's do that 'Later' ride in the spring for sure. Maybe we can make it that' dream video ride' you have been looking for.

:lol: i will never forget that, my first group ride ever, hardly 500 miles on the bike and every one shows up and asks me to lead lol But it was a big lesson learned with just scraps on the fairing. I now blame UP for that too even if he wasnt there :D

Totally fair... I'd been riding with UP for a few years at that point, and I'm sure some of his "lack of patience" had rubbed off and caused those scrapes. UPs fault.