100RD AR-15 Drum (.223/5.56) W/ Pouch for $89 + free shipping

Casper

Searching... and the lowest found is 129. Really, double drums suck. They jam.

There are rifles that handle drums well, but I'm not thinking that the AR-15 is one of them.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/07/robert-farago/100-round-ar-15-double-drum-magazines-for-dummies/

FYI folks, this is illegal to use in the state of Ohio unless you plan on using it in a legal machine gun or an SBR (I believe this passed the litmus test via a court case).

Correct. If you have a registered sbr or FA you can have more then 30. Anything else, and they are illegal.

What I was told is that you can have a mag with more than a 30 rd capacity, as long as no more than 30 rds are loaded in the weapon at any time.

No.

Any mag designed to hold more than 30 rnds is banned except if used in an NFA tax stamped weapon.

IE, these mags are perfectly legal in my SBR but becomes a crime when I put in my regular AR

What I was told is that you can have a mag with more than a 30 rd capacity, as long as no more than 30 rds are loaded in the weapon at any time.

You were told wrong. Read the ORC, it says nothing about rounds loaded, but a weapon that is adapted to fire more than 31 rounds without reloading. Sticking a 40rd mag in your AK is adapting it to fire more than 31 rounds.

It is confusing as shit.

Yeah I've been Googling since I posted that and I see the ORC sections that people are trying to twist around but I just don't really buy it. Anyhow I don't really see a need for more than a 30rd clip in a semi so I wouldn't risk something seemingly discretionary - best of luck to those who do.

Edited by brn6604
changed "mag" to say "clip"

ORC 2923.11 says a semi-automatic firearm is a automatic firearm if it is designed or specially adapted to fire more then 31 rounds with out reloading. ORC 2923.11 also says a automatic firearm is a Dangerous Ordnance. Move on to ORC 2923.17 that you can have a D.O. if it is register in the NFA registration. A SBR is a NFA registered firearm.

ORC 2923.11 says a semi-automatic firearm is a automatic firearm if it is designed or specially adapted to fire more then 31 rounds with out reloading. ORC 2923.11 also says a automatic firearm is a Dangerous Ordnance. Move on to ORC 2923.17 that you can have a D.O. if it is register in the NFA registration. A SBR is a NFA registered firearm.

So if I have a registered SBR, OH wouldn't care if I converted it to auto? :trollface: